Exhaust is an extremely powerful tool for disabling champions who mainly autoattack, as well as any champion that can deal a high amount of damage. When your team is chasing an enemy and he is getting away, using Exhaust on him will help your team gain the upper hand. Using it against enemies when escaping can help you as their movement speed will be greatly decreased.
No longer reduces attack speed or resistances.
Are assassins bursting your carry at the start of teamfights? Is Kennen ultimate destroying your team? Then we’ve got the summoner spell for you: Exhaust! However, Exhaust is pulling too many extra strengths beyond “anti-burst” - even making its targets easier to kill. There’s nothing wrong with a summoner spell serving multiple functions, but when a defensive summoner spell is about as good for killing people as an offensive one like Ignite, it’s time to trim some fat.
ATTACK SPEED REDUCTION No longer reduces target’s attack speed by 30%
RESISTANCE SHRED No longer reduces target’s armor and magic resist by 10
Reduces less damage than before, now slightly lowers target's armor and magic resistance
- "This change should reduce some of Exhaust's anti-assassin power while also giving it more diversity as a multi-use summoner spell (flat armor / MR shred means it'll be super effective against low-defense assassins or marksmen!)."
- DAMAGE REDUCTION
50% ⇒ 40%
- NEW ARMOR & MAGIC RESISTANCE SHRED Now shreds 10 of the target's armor and magic resistance
"Earlier in the season, we updated the visual and sound effects of our summoner spells. We're happy with the changes, but in Exhaust's case, we think combining the fidelity of our Exhaust update with the visual impact of old Exhaust gets us the best of both worlds."
- CLARITY: Visuals have been updated to improve readability
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Exhaust did not grant assists when used against slow immune targets (who are still affected by the damage reduction effect)
"Exhaust has fallen out of favor as Ignite has become the staple for kill lanes around the world. Additionally, the successful "use case" of Exhaust has grown more difficult as burst damage combinations become the norm (both through the current popular support roster and overall damage contributions in lane). These buffs to Exhaust are to give it a stronger defensive use case while also letting the player feel better about using it in a timely manner."
- ATTACK SPEED REDUCTION:
-50% attack speed ⇒ -30% attack speed
- DAMAGE DEBUFF:
-30% damage ⇒ -50% damage
550 ⇒ 650
- Now reduces Attack Speed by 50%
- Movement Speed reduction reduced to 30% from 40%
- Now reduces all damage dealt by 30% from 70% for attacks and 30% from abilities/items.
- Duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds
- Improved Exhaust no longer increases the duration
- Fixed a bug where Summoner Exhaust was slowing the target additively rather than multiplicatively
- Exhaust now reduces autoattack damage by 70% and ability/item damage by 35% instead of blinding for the duration.
- Exhaust is now properly flagged as a slow and a blind and can now be removed by Cleanse
- Now removes stealth when used
- Is now split into two buffs: Exhaust Slow and Exhaust Blind. Master Yi's Highlander should no longer dispel blind.
- Can now be removed by abilities that remove slows
- Cooldown reduced from 240 to 210
- Cooldown reduced from 270 to 240
May 23, 2009 Patch
- Slow percent reduced from 50 to 40
April 25, 2009 Patch
- Reduced cast range from 650 to 550
April 11, 2009 Patch
- Reduced duration by 1 second, incresaed cooldown by 4 minutes to 4 and a half minutes, increase slow percent from 40% to 50%
Alpha Week 4
- Cooldown decreased to 4 minutes from 5 minutes