Ezreal - The Prodigal Explorer
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||5.5 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||7.0 (+0.65)|
|Attack Damage:||55.6 (+2.41)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+2.8%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
Ezreal, The Prodigal Explorer is a skillshot-based AD carry. While his abilities do not offer him any CC, Ezreal's Arcane Shift can help him escape or reduce the range between himself and his target. Trueshot Barrage is a global ultimate that can be used to clear a wave in another lane, snipe a kill, or chunk down the enemy team. He is most commonly played in bot lane as the ADC.
|Lore:||The intrepid young adventurer Ezreal has explored some of the most remote and abandoned locations on Runeterra. During an expedition to the buried ruins of ancient Shurima, he recovered an amulet of incredible mystical power. Likely constructed to be worn by one of the Ascended, the enormous talisman nonetheless fit snugly upon his arm, amplifying his raw sorcerous skill to such an extent that he's gained the reputation of a hero, much to his embarrassment.|
| "Time for a true display of skill!"
- Ezreal, the Prodigal Explorer
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||1||6||4||2||66.7||36.8|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||3||0||3||0||21.4|
|IEM Season IX - San Jose||0||1||1||0||100||8.3|
|2014 World Championship||0||1||1||0||100||8.3|
|2014 International Wild Card Tournament||0||1||0||1||0||8.3|
Q ratio increased.
Considering the current enchanter meta in botlane, it's understandable why Ezreal isn’t excelling. Whenever he manages to poke, he’s quickly countered by either a shield or a heal. So, we looked for spaces to give Ez a chance to do things that make his mahou* power more impactful. Due to the long range, low cooldown, and low mana cost on Mystic Shot, Ez gets to harass people during early laning phase. As the game progresses and his enemies’ abilities come online, he becomes less of a threat. Ezreal’s itemization factors into this as well. His unique item power spike comes when his Tear’s fully stacked and Muramana is completed—usually around the same time he finishes Trinity Force, meaning the two combine into one huge damage boost. We really like this pattern for Ez, so we're letting him capitalize harder on both his early lane phase and double-item spike. (*Translator’s note: mahou means magical)
1.1 total attack damage⇒ 1.25 total attack damage
Q cooldown reduced at early ranks.
We’re giving Ezreal a small boost to help him find more trading opportunities in his first few levels, which should especially help Tear-rushing Ez’s in the scaling department.
6.5/6/5.5/5/4.5 seconds⇒ 5.5/5.25/5/4.75/4.5 seconds
- Pulsefire Ezreal’s W - Essence Flux on-hit SFX have been restored.
- The on-hit SFX volume for Pulsefire Ezreal’s R - Trueshot Barrage has been turned up to be equivalent to all other Ezreal skins.
- Fixed a bug where, when Statikk Shiv’s chain lighting was proc’d by Pulsefire Ezreal’s Q - Mystic Shot, it wasn’t properly critting at 100% crit chance
- Hand-glowy particles for effects like Sheen and Passive - Rising Spell Force no longer slip to Pulsefire Ezreal’s elbow during his Recall
- Pulsefire Ezreal’s Q - Mystic Shot and R - Trueshot Barrage on-hit particles now properly display when killing jungle monsters
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
- If Pulsefire Ezreal uses Q - Mystic Shot while affected by the aura buff of Sona’s Q - Hymn of Valor, he now properly uses his own VFX rather than Sona’s
- Fixed a bug where Pulsefire Ezreal’s flying animation stopped, but the audio didn’t
- Pulsefire Ezreal's recall VO lines no longer stop playing after he dies
R cooldown up.
Back in 5.24 we gave Ezreal a greater reward for hitting Mystic Shot to reinforce his poke-pattern and emphasize his unique interactions with cooldown reduction. Judging by his incredible popularity and effectiveness, it seems those buffs hit the mark, with 40% CDR Ezreal becoming the norm. As a result, the frequency of Trueshot Barrages are at an all-time high, terrorizing teamfights, objectives, and minion waves alike. We like the flexibility that Ezreal's global nuke brings to the table, but when he's able to overclock his cooldowns to the point of controlling lanes and having it up for an impending teamfight, something's gotta give.
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE:
- ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT:
- BASE MANA:
- MANA GROWTH STAT:
Q and E cooldown up, but Q refunds more cooldown on-hit.
Just a small tweak to reinforce Ezreal's synergies with cooldown reduction, especially given its new availability to marksman with the new Essence Reaver
6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds⇒ 6.5/6/5.5/5/4.5 seconds
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION ON-HIT:
1 second⇒ 1.5 seconds
19/17/15/13/11 seconds⇒ 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 seconds
Patch Notes 5.18
E now scales with AD. The world is ending. "Ezreal players have always been separated into two camps: those that Arcane Shift away from danger, and those that Arcane Shift directly into it. We’re not necessarily endorsing reckless play, but taking a calculated risk with Ezreal should feel like it has an appropriate pay-off. Arcane Shift may always be more of an escape than a combo-finisher, but loading damage into it rewards aggressive positioning as he’ll have to sacrifice his safety to access it. Who needs an escape?"
Patch Notes 4.18
Small Ezreal buffs. "See above. We're trying to give him some extra love so he can keep up in a modern game of League of Legends."
- Pulsefire Ezreal
- CANNONS PRIMED: Smoothed out Pulsefire Ezreal's autoattack and Mystic Shot animations
Patch Notes 4.12
Ezreal can now hit himself with Essence Flux if he can find a way to get ahead of it. Use with caution please. "Just E into it."
- Pulsefire Ezreal
- Fixed a bug where Pulsefire Ezreal would occasionally not see gold popups for some of his last hits on targets in plain view
- Fixed a bug where Pulsefire Ezreal would play his death animation a second time if Trueshot Barrage was leveled up while dead
- Base attack speed reduced to 0.625 from 0.665
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Updated art assets
- Base damage increased to 47.5 from 45
- Damage per level increased to 3 from 2.6
- Base attack speed incresaed to 0.665 from 0.658
- Base damage reduced to 45 from 47.6
- Damage per level reduced to 2.6 from 3.0
- Attack speed per level reduced to 2.8 from 3.22
- E - Arcane Shift
- Can no longer be cast while rooted
- Q - Mystic Shot
- Damage reduced to 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 from 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140
- W - Essence Flux
- Mana cost reduced to 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 from 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- R - Trueshot Barrage
- Fixed a bug with Trueshot Barrage where Ezreal's voice would play at the target location instead of where Ezreal was
- Base armor increased to 15 from 12
- Base damage increased to 49 from 47
- Base mana regeneration increased to 0.9 from 0.8
- Movement speed increased to 305 from 300
- Q - Mystic Shot
- Base damage increased to 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 from 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120
- W - Essence Flux
- Missile width increased to 120 from 100
- E - Arcane Shift
- Closest unit targeting range increased to 750 from 650
- Mana cost reduced to 90 from 100
- Passive - Rising Spell Force
- Duration increased to 6 seconds from 5