|Name||Lee Sang-hyeok (이상혁)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||May 7, 1996 (age 22)|
|Team||SK Telecom T1|
|Soloqueue IDs||BarcodeKiller (NA)|
SKT T1 Faker
Hide on bush
mid fekar (NA)
|Social Media & Links|
Lee "Faker" Sang-hyeok (Hangul: 이상혁) is the mid laner for SK Telecom T1.
Lee "Faker" Sang-hyeok was pulled out of solo queue by the SK Telecom organization so that a team could be formed around him in the mid lane. Ultimately they settled on Impact, bengi, Piglet, and PoohManDu to surround him and the team was unveiled in February of 2013, dubbed SK Telecom T1 2. They qualified for their first OGN at OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013. They exceeded all expectations and placed 3rd, losing 3-1 in the semifinals to MVP Ozone but beating CJ Entus Frost 3-0 in the 3rd place match. Faker's dominating performances put him in the conversation for best mid laner in the world after just one tournament. The team was renamed to SK Telecom T1 after their sister team, SK Telecom T1 1, was disbanded. With a great first result under their belts, they attended HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013. Faker continued his fantastic play and led his team to a reverse sweep of the KT Rolster Bullets and earned them a berth at the Season 3 Korea Regional Finals. They were seeded directly into the finals and met the Bullets again, only to soundly beat them 3-1. SK Telecom qualified for the Season 3 World Championship as the final Korean seed but still came in as the favorites to win the whole tournament. Faker crushed the competition and the team put up an impressive 15-3 record across the tournament, culminating in a one-sided finals where they beat Royal Club 3-0 and became the new world champions. Faker's brilliant play across the season earned him the title of best player in the world by most fans and experts alike. The SK Telecom organization picked up a new sister team, ultimately named SK Telecom T1 S, so Faker's team was renamed to SK Telecom T1 K.
The new season started even better for K at PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014. They didn't lose a single game and put up the greatest performance a team has ever had at an OGN tournament. They swept Samsung Ozone in the finals and Faker proved himself as the greatest LoL player of all time after just a year. However the success wasn't meant to last after ManDu stepped down due to health issues and the team picked up Casper. An ultimately poor showing at HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 was capped off with a 3-1 loss to Ozone in the quarterfinals. ManDu rejoined the starting line up before All-Star Paris 2014, where the team was expected to falter. In typical fashion, they swept the whole tournament and earned a clean 9-0 record, ending in a dominating finals against OMG. They returned to Korea with high hopes to participate in HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 but ended up mirroring the results of their last OGN, losing 3-1 in the quarterfinals to Samsung White. They lost in a tiebreaker for the 2nd Korean seed to worlds, again to White, by being swept. K was seeded into the finals of the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals but ended up losing 3-1 to NaJin White Shield and missed Worlds.
Changes to the OGN rules forced K and S to merge, forming SK Telecom T1. Most of the old K roster was removed, except for Bengi and Faker, while MaRin, Wolf, and Bang filled out the rest of the line-up. Easyhoon and Faker shared the starting mid lane spot for SBENU Champions Spring 2015, to the disappointment of many fans who wanted to see Faker play in every game. Despite SK Telecom's strong performance in the informal Spring Preseason, they were not the top team in the season itself, and it was the newly-formed GE Tigers who were invited to IEM Katowice as the top team from Korea, not SKT. And SKT finished second in the season overall, with an 11-3 record - one game behind the Tigers. Regardless, in the playoffs, SKT beat both CJ Entus and the Tigers - without Faker even starting for a single game against the Tigers.
Their spring season championship qualified SK Telecom for the 2015 Mid-Season Invitational. There, they swept the group stage 5-0 but then dropped two games to the European Fnatic in the semifinals, beating them 3-2, with Faker starting each game. In the finals against EDward Gaming, Easyhoon started for the first three games, and SKT ultimately lost 3-2. In the final game of the set, EDG famously left open LeBlanc for Faker - a champion he was until then undefeated on - and counterpicked it with a mid lane Morgana for pawN, running a composition designed to shut down Faker.
After the Mid-Season Invitational, SKT bounced back and won the regular season of Champions Summer, dropping only one set along the way - though it was the set that would have made them the first team worldwide to clinch a Worlds seed (they ended up clinching their seed when the GE Tigers lost their very next set as well). Faker played 12 unique champions in his 29 games, innovating mid lane Irelia, a pick that would become a relatively popular off-meta pick around the world, and Master Yi, a pick that would not. Seeded directly into the playoff finals this time, SKT easily swept KT Rolster 3-0 (Faker played all three games) to earn Korea's top seed to the 2015 Season World Championship. SKT was placed in a group at worlds alongside EDG, Bangkok Titans, and H2k Gaming. They went undefeated all the way to the finals, beating AHQ e-Sports Club and Origen in the playoffs along the way. They met the KOO Tigers in the finals and beat them 3-1 to give the organization its second World Championship. This made Faker one of only three people (the other two being his coach kkOma and bengi) to have won the World Championship twice.
Two weeks after the World Championship, SK Telecom played in the LoL KeSPA Cup. In their semifinal series against Challenger team Ever, substitute mid laner Scout started in the first game, but even with Faker playing in the second game, the team lost the series 0-2 - continuing a streak of World Champions being eliminated early on in their first tournaments after Worlds. SK Telecom announced Faker's re-signing for the 2016 season after the tournament. In March, SK Telecom attended IEM Katowice despite being only the sixth-place LCK team at the time. They brought substitute jungler Blank in place of bengi and swept through the tournament, winning the title after only seven games. After returning to Korea, a rejuvenated Faker helped the team climb back up the standings and eventually win his fifth Korean championship and third consecutive title. This win allowed SKT to return to the Mid Season Invitational, the only team to return from the previous year.
Their first place finish in the spring season earned them a spot in the 2016 Mid-Season Invitational. Notably, SK Telecom T1 were the only team to return to 2016 MSI from 2015 MSI. As the reigning domestic champions of Korea, SK Telecom T1 came into the tournament as massive favorites to win. However, their group stage performances were very lackluster as they dropped games to China's Royal Never Give Up, NA's Counter Logic Gaming, and two games to the LMS Flash Wolves. They ended their group stage with a 6-4 record, seeding them into the bracket stage at fourth place. Matched up against Royal Never Give Up in the semifinals, SK Telecom started to regain their form, beating them 3-1. They then proceeded to beat Counter Logic Gaming 3-0 to win the event and give them the trophy that barely escaped them last year.
During the 2016 LCK Summer Split, SK Telecom started the season strong with a 5-0 score in series and 10-0 game score. However, they started dropping sets to lower ranked teams, notably the Afreeca Freecs, who they failed to win even a single game against the entire season. With a 13-5 scoreline in series, SKT placed second in the round robin, beating KT Rolster via game score tiebreaker. However, during the 2016 LCK Summer Playoffs, they met KT Rolster in the semifinals, where they were reverse swept 3-2 after going up 2-0 in the first two games. This gave them third place for the summer split. Combined with their first place spring finish, as well as the victory of the ROX Tigers over KT Rolster, SKT qualified to the 2016 Season World Championship on points as Korea's second seed.
- Previously played a game called 'Chaos', also a MOBA, he credits it as a factor in easy transition he had to play League.
- Views his team mates as his second family and thinks the family atmosphere strengthens the team.
- Is highly regarded for his LeBlanc play during an OGN Spring match against MVP Blue; he went 10-0-1 by 18 minutes and made MVP Blue surrender at 20 minutes.
- Faker is known for his hyper aggressive playstyle.
- Was undefeated on LeBlanc until the 2015 Mid-Season Invitational final against EDward Gaming, where he lost with LeBlanc in Game 5.
- Faker tends to play LeBlanc, Fizz, Zed, Ahri and Orianna.
- He is considered the best League of Legends player in the world by many esports journalists and pro players such as Thorin, Alex Ich, and Maknoon who called him the "Lionel Messi of League of Legends".
- Dustin Beck, the vice president of Riot games, said Faker is the "Michael Jordan" of League of Legends in a press conference at Staples Center.
- In the first game of the 2013 OGN summer championships Faker played Ahri and scored a GPM of 492.
- Was both the Season MVP and the Mid Lane KDA leader in the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013.
- Believes every mid laner should be able to play Twisted Fate because if mastered he teaches you to look at the mini map and, Ryze because once mastered, you learn the importance of hitting the right keys, in the right time and order.
- Owns two flower pots to relieve stress.
- Is notable for not using any alternate skins for champions he plays. Exceptions include:
- Game 1 of the OGN Winter Grand Finals 2013 where he used Battle Bunny Riven. Faker went on to state that this was a mistake as the OGN staff check the players accounts before the games, and the tester of his account selected the skin - which Faker didn't notice in Champion Select. He also used SKT T1 Zed in the game vs Fnatic at All-Star Paris 2014, when the whole team used their featured skins.
- Pulsefire Ezreal against HUYA, and Lunar Goddess Diana against Incredible Miracle.
- SKT Ryze during game 2 in the 2016 finals, Hired Gun Lucian during a match against KT Rolster, Snow Day Syndra in LCK 2016 Spring against Jin Air Green Wings.
- Hired Gun Lucian during game 3 of SKT vs KT Rolster, in the LCK Summer Split.
- Quoted as the "Unkillable Demon King" by Cool.
- Known for his amazing soloqueue performance with Riven on the North American server during the Season 3 World Championship, earning him a 92 % win rate in 24 games.
- Widely renowned for his deep champion pool and understanding.
- Popularized Riven being played in the mid lane.
- Considers HotshotGG's LeBlanc better than his and deserves a #thingsHotshotGGdoes tag.
- Awarded Best Mid Laner at 2013 Korean eSports Awards.
- One of four players to have defend their World Championship successfully.
- Along with bengi, they are the only two to have won World Championship three times.
- Wants to study after his esports career.
- Attended the same high school as Deft.
- Made his first Korean variety show appearance in November 2018 on KBS' Hello Counselor alongside K-Pop idols Joy (Park Soo-young) and Seulgi (Kang Seul-gi) of Red Velvet and actor Seo Do-young.
|Champions Spring 2015 - Week 1||LeBlanc||Mid||W||10/2/6||Link||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- January 3, SKT Faker: "I’m aware that I’m known worldwide. That’s probably why I’m getting paid a lot. It does put pressure on me, but it also motivates me as well." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim, Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek, Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- January 10, SKT T1 Faker on Having Fans as New Teammates: "Many of my fans joined the team before, so it's not new." with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong and Dasol "Viion" Jang
- January 17, SKT Faker: "Wolf does a lot of research in jungle. He can get better in the future." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok, Changsik "Alle" Son, and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 7, SKT Faker on the Losing Streak: "I had a hard time, I even lost weight." with Hongje "Koer" Kim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 11, Faker on Confidence: "Even if we're on a losing-streak, we're still SKT. It won't make sense to not make playoffs" with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 12, SKT Faker: "I often start streaming without washing and they always get it right. So I tend to wash up more often now." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 20, SKT Bang: "If we make playoffs, we'll do our best to take down team after team" with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 4, SKT Faker: "We have to make playoffs no matter what... I think we have good chances against KZ and KT" with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 4, SKT Faker on kkOma Maining Teemo: "His mechanics have been deteriorating. However, Teemo doesn't require great mechanics" with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 18, Faker: "I think the coaching staff has made the judgment that in our current state, Blank is much more helpful to the team for winning" with Sihoon "Maloo" Lee and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 25, SKT Faker: "We've been winning a lot recently... Looking at the past records, KSV should be very nervous" with Beom "Nswer" Park, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 26, Faker on SKT T1 Ryze Skin: "I thought someday it would come up in ‘Your Shop’. I was waiting for that to buy it on sale." with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- May 23, Faker: "Currently, I'm a midlaner ranked at about 4th... Honestly, I'm not confident enough, I'm not sure that I'll do well again" with Woo "Ready" Hyun and Changsik "Alle" Son on Inven Global
- June 24, SKT Faker: "Strong teams always come back up after slumps." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 24, Faker on the Changed Meta: "I think it’s a good thing for LoL because it seems more like a strategy game than a laning game now." with Yeonjae "Arra" Shin, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 25, Faker: "When it comes to playing all 5 roles, I can confidently say that I'm more experienced than any other player. " with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- June 26, SKT Faker: "In my opinion, my Yasuo was at around 70% today." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 30, SKT Faker on Mid Poppy: "I didn’t use mid Poppy that much in practice. Today was maybe my first or second time using her." with Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- July 1, SKT Faker: "Actually, it’s uncomfortable when I see the supporter have many kills on the match stats page." with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- July 5, SKT Faker: "We've still not fully adapted to the new meta, but we're watching a lot of games from the other regions and learning from them." with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 17, SKT Faker: "Our lives depend on each and every game that we play. We’ll win our next match, no matter what it takes…" with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 17, SKT Faker: "I had thought that individual performance was the most important. However, nowadays, it's a lot more strategical -- there is a lot more to think about." with Hongje "Koer" Kim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- August 26, KOR Faker: "We all can deliver good individual performance, so that was the focus of the game. Personally, I think our teamwork was really good." with Beom "Nswer" Park and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- December 6, SKT T1 Faker Describes his Feelings on Las Vegas, Captain Jack, and meeting Bang with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- December 12, Faker talks about meeting Tyler1 and what he thinks of All-Stars with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- December 20, Faker on the New SK Telecom T1: "Everyone has a loud personality. We became close to each other, really quickly" with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- December 25, Interview with SKT T1 Faker: "I’m kind of growing sick of playing Lissandra, but at the same time, there is a positive side to it since I don’t have to reveal too many of my cards" with Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo on Inven Global
- January 2, Faker on the thought of fatigue: “I’m still young so I’m not lacking in stamina, and though I do not work out I always stretch before practice and take health supplements such as vitamins.” Translation on Slingshot
- January 9, Faker: “I foresee that going overseas can be a good opportunity for me in the future. However, right now is not that time.” Translation on Slingshot
- January 9, Faker on his thought process: “I think about 80 percent of my thoughts is gaming related. 10 percent is how sleepy I am, and the rest is about my health and my daily life.” Translation on Slingshot
- January 10, Faker again references desire to flip perceptions of pro gaming in Korea Translation on Slingshot
- January 12, Faker: “I don’t think I’m worthy of the pay or the love of the fans I’m receiving, so I need to work harder.” Translation on Slingshot
- January 22, Faker: “Picking champions has become more advantageous with the 10 bans.” Translation on Slingshot
- January 22, SKT Faker & Blank: "We'd like to keep up the good work and participate in many tournaments" with Inven Global
- January 24, Faker on Lee Sin pick: “Peanut looked a little depressed, so the coach talked to him about playing Lee Sin.” Translation on Slingshot
- February 6, Faker: “My streams were boring and I didn’t communicate with the viewers when I streamed on Azubu, but if we move platforms to Twitch (permanently), I want to work hard to make an entertaining stream.” Translation on Slingshot
- February 14, Faker: “I think I also need to work on my poor decision making.” Translation on Slingshot
- February 16, SKT T1 Faker: "I will prepare myself and come back with satisfactory performance." with Inven Global
- February 18, Faker on time off: “We have a three day break so I think we’ll spend that time to be able to return to our usual form.” with Slingshot Esports
- February 21, Faker on missing IEM Katowice: “I’m glad because we’ll have time to rest up, but a part of me is disappointed.” with Slingshot Esports
- March 2, SKT T1 Faker: "I'm already thinking of how to do well in the next match." with Inven Global
- March 14, Faker on streaming: “Before we couldn’t communicate and it wasn’t really a fulfilling broadcast, but the streams right now are much better.” with Slingshot Esports
- March 19, Faker on SKT’s team fights: “We have two important calls to make in team fights. One is ‘we won this fight’ and the other is ‘we lost this fight.’” with Slingshot Esports
- March 22, SKT Faker on the "I got him" video: "I don't think it's that big of a deal." with Inven Global
- March 29, SKT T1 Faker-Bang: "I counted on Blank to save the day." with Inven Global
- April 3, Faker (grinning): “I do want to see Bengi, but I don’t really miss him.” With Slingshot Esports
- April 22, SKT T1 Faker: “Will be preparing for MSI as much as we have done for the finals, hope for support” with Inven Global
- April 24, Faker: “(The) LCK win is meaningful for us, but I think making the power of Korea known in an international stage is more important.” with Slingshot Esports
- May 1, Faker: “I never really had the urge to (play abroad). It’s not that appealing to me.” with Segye Ilbo’s Uhm Hyung-joon, translation by Slingshot Esports
- May 5, Faker: “The Flash Wolves seem like a strong competitor.” with Slingshot Esports
- May 10, SKT Faker: "Huni brightened the team's mood up with his 'crazy' vibe." with Inven Global
- May 12, Faker on GAM: 'actually playing them felt like we were playing against solo queue players’ with Yahoo Esports
- May 19, [MSI2017] SKT Faker: "Our current roster may not be the best, but we're at the strongest as a team." with LoLEsports, transcription by Inven Global
- May 21, [MSI2017] SKT T1 Faker: "Match against G2 was hard, my performance also wasn't that good" with LoLEsports, transcription by Inven Global
- May 26, Faker: “When I heard that Ronaldo would be part of the awards ceremony, I was surprised, and it was a very good experience to actually meet him.” with Slingshot Esports
- June 4, SKT T1 Faker on the first win in the summer season: "I've been very concerned" with Inven Global
- June 12, Faker: “I had high expectations for Ever8’s mid laner Cepted because he performed very well so far.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- June 14, Faker: “Untara doesn’t say anything no matter how badly the lane is going.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- June 20, Faker: “Recently looking at internet communities or comments, I think many people don’t like me.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- June 23, Faker: “If we think about what sports is, it can be boiled down to activities that are fun for people, and esports is just a new-age (version).” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- June 27, Faker on Bang’s punctuality: “I’m late quite often, but Bang is hardly ever late. I want to be more like him in that regard.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- June 28, SKT Faker "I want to be remembered as a legend just like Ronaldo." with Inven Global
- June 29, Faker: “I think LCK is the best league. I think the matches between the teams are very high quality, and it’s a league I am proud to be a part of.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 2, SKT Faker on his favorite champs: "I just like to play with champions that I can win the most with." with Inven Global
- July 3, Faker on Rift Rivals: “I don’t have a player I’m particularly wary of since I’ve faced all of them before, so I think I’ll be able to comfortably compete.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 6, Faker on Flash Wolves: "When playing against them, I felt as if I was facing a Korean team." with Inven Global
- July 8, SKT Faker: "I want to work with people's brains after I retire." with Inven Global
- July 19, SKT Faker, smiling, on how to make League of Legends more fun: “Double the spell damage. Also doubling the crowd control and damage.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 26, SKT Faker is relieved at how they finally broke the losing streak with Inven Global
- July 28, Faker on facing Cho’Gath and Maokai: “We couldn’t tell who was top and who was jungle until the game started, so it was slightly puzzling.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 29, Faker's Visit to 'China Joy': "I don't follow the meta." with Inven Global
- August 3, Faker on stakes surrounding KT match: “I don’t think we were at a disadvantage. If anything, I thought we would be more mentally relaxed than them.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 3, SKT Faker on having to play from the Wild Card match: "I think it'll help us stay in shape." with Inven Global
- August 10, Faker comparing this split to spring 2016: “I think I have a lot more concerns this split.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 13, Interview with SKT T1 Faker: “I pay penalty charges for cursing and being late a lot” with Inven Global
- August 15, SKT Bang: "All eight players held a discussion for six hours in preparation for picks and bans before today's series" with Inven Global
- August 15, Faker on SKT's Prominence in Bo5s: "Our experience of frequently playing on "big" stages plays an important part." with Inven Global
- August 25, Faker on Bdd’s play style: “I don’t think not dying in the mid lane is always a good thing. I intend to go through the kind of self-preservation play style and impact the other lanes.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- September 12, SKT T1 Faker on Worlds groups: "Except for our group, I think all other groups look easy." with Inven Global
- September 15, Faker on SKT’s group draw for Worlds: “We’ve never really had an easy group for worlds, and this year’s group has a collection of formidable opponents.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- October 2, SKT T1 Faker, “I’ll make sure that SKT wins this Worlds once again” with Inven Global
- October 6, Faker on SKT's chances this year, midlaning in an Ardent meta, advice for fans to improve their play with Travis Gafford
- October 6, SKT Faker on Game Breaking Teamfight: "Wolf said he's going to initate, and we followed up." with Inven Global
- October 7, Faker on worlds hype video and the use of the SKT Ryze skin with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- October 15, SKT T1 Faker, Huni: "If it isn’t a moment where I make a mistake, I don’t get tilted or stressed at all." with Inven Global
- October 20, SKT T1 Faker: "After losing the third game, I thought we would be sent home." with Inven Global
- October 21, Faker thought SKT was about to lose to Misfits with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- October 24, Faker on his golden age, hobbies and future with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- October 26, Faker apparently has a monthly allowance of $178 by Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- October 28, SKT T1 Faker: " I hope to finish the final series within 3 games so I can go eat quickly." with Inven Global
- November 29, SKT Faker: "It might be because we're still in the preseason, but Zoe seems pretty unbalanced right now" with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- December 4, Faker: “My goal is to get past the preliminary round.” with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- December 7, KR All-Stars Faker and PraY: "Since there were a lot of kids in Disneyland, the atmosphere was really bright." with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim and James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- December 9, Faker: “Zoe is One of the Best Champions at the Moment, and Definitely Needs to be Nerfed” with Jiyeon "KaEnn" Kim, Sihoon "Maloo" Lee, and Yoori "Zenith" Kim on Inven Global
- December 26, Smeb to Faker: "What do you think of me?" with Yeonjae "Arra" Shin and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- January 13, “Goal is to Win Worlds” SKT T1 Faker Postmatch Interview with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- January 13, SKT Faker, “Variation of styles with the addition of Duke” with dailyesports, English translation by krbnu.
- January 13, SKT T1 vs CJ Entus MVP Interview with Faker with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- January 22, SKT T1 Faker, “The minimum expectation is that we win a championship” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- January 29, SKT T1 Faker, “Things will change starting with the next match” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- February 4, SKT T1 vs SBENU Sonicboom MVP Interview with Duke & Faker with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- February 13, SKT T1 Faker, “I expect to win 2:0 over Longzhu if we improve” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- March 5, Faker on SKT's new jungler: 'Blank... is someone who likes to make his own calls' with Lisa Doan on theScore
- March 5, IEM Katowice: Superstar "Faker" im SPORT1-Interview with SPORT1
- March 11, SKT T1 vs Afreeca Freecs MVP Interview with Duke & Faker with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- March 16, SKT T1 vs Jin Air MVP Interview with Blank & Faker with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- March 24, [SKT T1 Faker & Bengi Postmatch Interview (3-year debut anniversary), “Thank you. Don’t forget my birthday” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.’'
- March 24, SKT T1 vs Longzhu MVP Interview with Blank & Faker with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- March 26, SKT T1 vs CJ Entus MVP Interview with Faker & Blank with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- March 31, SKT T1 Faker Postmatch Interview” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.’'
- May 4, Faker: '[G2 was]...having fun with the game so I also decided to have some fun with my item build' with Marcel Feldkamp on theScore
- May 12, Faker credits the other regions' MSI success to their strong team-fighting skills with Travis Gafford on Yahoo Esports
- May 13, Faker on the FW vs. CLG series: 'Both teams have different styles...I think the odds are 50/50' with Marcel Feldkamp on theScore
- June 13, SKT T1 Faker Postmatch Interview English translation by krbnu.
- October 1, Faker: Bjergsen deserves title of 'North American Faker' with ESPN
- October 2, Faker: 'I think that ROX are objectively a better team than we are' with theScore
- October 2, Faker: ‘So far I think Rox Tigers and TSM have looked the strongest’ with Yahoo!
- October 11, Faker: 'I don't think the remaining teams' mid laners are extreme, top-tier players' with ESPN
- October 15, Faker talks Worlds, NA solo queue and designing a new mid lane champion with The Rift Herald
- October 23, Faker, Miss Fortune and an unforgettable Friday night at Worlds with ESPN
- December 4, Faker: "Mata said that we should play something fun." with Inven
- December 5, Faker: “I expect the 2017 LCK to be even more competitive.” translated on Slingshot
- December 6, Faker considered leaving but “I thought winning another world championship in SKT would be for the best.” translated on Slingshot
- December 9, Faker on All-Stars: "A chance to prove myself, as well as an event to wrap up the year." with Inven
- December 9, Faker on AllStars, rowdy teammates, and Yasuo translated on Slingshot
- December 10, Faker on rumors his contract was worth $2.5 M: 'It was an offer worth staying in Korea for' with theScore
- December 10, Faker on new roster: ‘We were a calm, strategic team - next year we’ll be a shouting, excited team’ with Yahoo!
- January 22, SKT Faker Interview with Inven (Translated by TL)
- April 29, TIME / EP.1 Faker [The Interview : My e-Sports], [OGN PLUS] with OGN PLUS
- May 8, Faker impressed by NA mids, Easyhoon agrees—in Bjergsen's case, at least with the Daily Dot
- May 9, Faker and MaRin press conference: "I think [Febiven] will become a great player" with theScore
- May 9, Faker Mid-Season Interview: "AHQ and EDG tend to group more, but we spread out and take more CS" with 1337mag
- May 9, Faker om Febiven: "I think he's a player of great potential" with Fragbite
- May 10, Faker on MSI, Piglet and Impact in LCS, Easyhoon, and an English Message for Fans with GameSpot
- July 31, Interview with KLEVV with KLEVV
- October 1, Faker: "Since I can play almost any champion, you can expect a lot from me" with Fragbite
- October 2, Faker on picking Azir and chasing his second World Championship title with theScore
- October 3, Faker Interview: He would put money on a Western team over a Chinese team with Gamespot
- October 9, Faker Interview with Twitch
- October 19, Faker talks about Mordekaiser and addresses moving to China rumors translated by Rach on Gold Per 10
- October 23, SKT's Faker and MaRin discuss their upcoming match against Origen and look ahead to 2016 with theScore
- November 10, “SBENU Sonicboom’s performance has unquestionably improved” - Interview with SKT T1′s Faker translated by Grace (xoprestige) (Original Interview (Korean))
- November 25, 20-year old Lee Sang-hyeok, his words about the weight of the name - “Faker” translated by Grace (xoprestige)(Original Interview (Korean))
- December 7, Lee “Faker” Sang-hyeok: “Froggen’s provocation, I think as a jest…I don’t mind” translated by Grace (xoprestige)(Original Interview (Korean))
- December 14, Faker on Duke: 'I think he will be able to fill the holes left by MaRin' with theScore
- June 4, [LOL STAR] SK텔레콤 T1 '페이커' 이상혁 "'앰비션' 넘어 서겠다" (korean) (English Translation) by dailygame
- August 24, SKT T1 Faker Interview (video) with LoLStarKorea
- September 5, Cloth5 Interview with SKT T1 Mid Laner Faker (video) with Cloth5
- September 18, Faker on his Attention from the West and Thoughts on Other Teams (video) with GameSpot
- September 27, Faker talks about match against NaJin and soloque vs HotshotGG (video) with GameSpot
- September 27, Off the Rift: Faker talks semifinal win against NaJin (video) with LoL Esports
- September 27, LolKing's S3 Worlds Coverage - Interview with Faker (Lee Sang-hyeok) (video) with LolKing
- October 6, Faker discusses SK Telecom T1's performance at Worlds (video) with GameSpot
Articles and Videos
- January 1, Faker's year: The Demon King's best plays of 2017 by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- February 28, Faker feeling the weight of SKT's shortcomings by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- March 5, Faker's Continued Death on Recall: Will He Overcome This Habit by Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 15, Faker straight up inted in SKT's second game against bbq OLIVERS today by Aaron Mickunas on DOT Esports
- March 27, Faker vs Ambition : Will the Shutout Record from 2017 Continue? by Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- April 26, Hail the Demon King: Faker’s 9 best plays of all time by Aaron Mickunas on Dot Esports
- April 26, The Unbenchable Demon King: Faker's Grind to Reclaim His Spot in the Mid Lane by theScore Esports
- August 2, The History of Faker's Slumps by Byungho "Haao" Kim, Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- September 8, How much does Faker make? by Adam Newell on Dot Esports
- September 13, What’s next for Faker and SKT? by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- November 8, Where will Faker go? by Emily Rand, Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- November 19, Hello Counselor Episode 389: Faker, Seo Doyoung and Red Velvet's Joy and Seulgi by KBS
- November 30, Is the new-look SK Telecom T1 a return to League of Legends dynasty? by Emily Rand on ESPN
- December 18, 5 things Faker hasn’t won by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- December 19, Faker: 'China took all our crowns away. Next year, we'll get them all back' by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- December 25, Top 5 champions Faker should play in 2019 by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- December 26, The top six “What If?” moments of Faker’s career by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- December 26, Is SKT Teddy’s team now? by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- December 27, Faker vs. Rookie is the worlds showdown we all want to see by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- April 20, Faker the G.O.A.T.: How does he match up against Jordan, Brady, Gretzky, Messi and Jeter? by theScore Esports
- May 2, The Story of Faker: The Greatest of All Time by theScore Esports
- June 12, Rising from the Ashes: The Living History of SKT T1 Faker from Inven Global
- June 30, Faker tells Twitch chat users they don’t know shit, in the most polite way possible with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- October 18, Always Surrounded By Danger: Faker's Incredible Plays by Yeonjae "Arra" Shin and Woo "Ready" Hyun for Inven Global
- November 4, Faker's deperation became his undoing, but his teammates have to take the blame for placing him in that position at all by Jonathan Yee on Esports Heaven
- December 22, The Top 10 League of Legends Player Storylines of 2017 by theScore Esports
- March 6, The two Korean geniuses of LoL by Tyler "Fionn" Erzberger on ESPN
- March 12, Topic of Thorin: The Faker Effect by Thorin on Splyce
- April 23, Opinion: Faker and Smeb are the kings of the game by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- April 26, The Mind of the Greatest: Lee "Faker" Sang-hyeok by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- April 30, Jungle is the New Mid: Tracking Faker's role on SK Telecom T1 by Emily Rand on theScore
- May 24, Junior year: Faker's achievements vs. LeBron, Messi and more by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- June 14, Faker: “I’ve been trying to have some other hobbies since I only play games, but I’m too lazy for that.” English translation on Slingshot.
- June 17, 5 Things You Didn't Know About Faker by Dustin Steiner on PVP Live
- July 24, Why Afreeca? The story of Faker, Mickey and the Korean mid lane by Emily Rand on theScore
- August 11, The world's top 10 players in League of Legends by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- September 17, Faker and Bengi: the boys of Autumn by Tyler Erzberger on theScore
- October 27, Esports' Michael Jordan: the global Faker phenomenon by Tyler Erzberger on theScore
- October 28, Unkillable on The Players Tribune
- January 13, Boxing With God from LiquidLegends
- January 14, Young professional gamer leads e-sports popularity from The Korea Times
- April 29, TIME / EP.1 Faker from OGN Plus
- May 10, A God and a General: an in-depth look at the rivalry between SKT's Faker and EDG's Pawn from theScore
- June 10, The Unkillable Demon King by Mina Kimes for ESPN The Magazine
- June 12, The best there ever was: how Faker's diverse champion pool makes him the game's most dangerous player from theScore
- September 29, Legends Rising Episode 1: Faker & Bjergsen "History" by LoL Esports
- September 29, Legends Rising Episode 4: Faker & Bjergsen "Kings" by LoL Esports
- October 19, The Final Fight: Season 3 with SKT T1 K's Faker from LoL Esports
- October 23, The Evolution of Faker and 2015 SK Telecom T1 by Emily Rand on Follow eSports
- October 31, The Tale of Two Prodigies: SK Telecom T1's Faker and MaRin by Tyler "Fionn" Erzberger on theScore
- November 19, [engsub-hello-counselor-ep.389 Hello Counselor Episode 389: Faker, Seo Doyoung and Red Velvet's Joy and Seulgi] by KBS
- December 24, Remembering the Hard Carries of 2014 - featuring Dade, Shook, Alex Ich, Faker and Bjergsen from Gold Per 10
- February 7, The Top 10 Faker Plays in Competitive League of Legends by theScore esports
- May 8, Faker with a cheeky Lulu recall (39s)
- April 23 - HOTSPOTS – THINGS FAKER DOES by Azubu
- January 4 - Best Moments of SKT T1 Faker - Season 2014 Montage - OGN, AllStars & Stream Highlights - LoL
- January 16 - This is Faker
- February 14 - [Faker's Best Pick] In LoL Champs 2013 - 2014 by Ongamenet
- May 6 - Best of Faker - Highlight Montage
- May 12 - League of Legends All-Stars 2014 - Best of Faker
- May 21 - SKT T1 Faker Yasuo Highlights 2014 - UNSTOPPABLE
- June 8 - Faker vs wolf - INTENSE DUEL!
- November 20 - Azubu Minis Episode #1 - SK Telecom T1 K Faker
- December 29 - Just Faker Things
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- No results found
- [단독] '페이커' 이상혁, 소속팀 SK텔레콤과 재계약 (Korean) osen.mt.co.kr
- Faker of Legend_LOL Champs Spring 7화_Match2youtube.com
- Faker: I hope they make a #ThingsHotshotGGdoes tag.youtube.com
- Result of 2013 Korean e-Sports Awardsinven.com.kr
- THE UNKILLABLE DEMONKING - ESPN feature