Ranged basic attacks slow for less.
Only a few ranged champions can afford to sacrifice damage to pick up Frozen Mallet, but those champions who can end up being both hard to reach (because of the slow) and hard to kill (because of the health). To make this less of a (can't) Catch-22, we're reducing the ranged slow.
SLOW (RANGED) : [30%] ⇒ 20%
Health increased, attack damage decreased. Now builds out of Giant’s Belt instead of Pickaxe.
Frozen Mallet’s the kind of item that often seems less effective than it is, thanks to an odd mix of stats only a select few champions really want. That said, seeing some of those performers come to light (Gnar and Tank Yasuo being at the forefront) has shown how powerful the item can be in the hands of our stickier fighters. As a result, we're shifting its statline to favor more defense than offense to align better with the item’s identity. Mallet should be a strong (if occasional) pickup for when you want to opt-in to more of a disruptive role, rather than when you want to kill your opponents faster.
BUILD PATH : [Jaurim's Fist + Pickaxe + Ruby Crystal + 625 gold] ⇒ Jaurim's Fist + Giant's Belt + 900 gold (total cost unchanged)
ATTACK DAMAGE :  ⇒ 30
HEALTH :  ⇒ 700
TOTAL cost : [3300 gold] ⇒ 3100 gold
BUILD path : Jaurim's Fist + Pickaxe + Ruby Crystal + 525 gold
health :  ⇒ 650
ATTACK damage :  ⇒ 40
- Recipe Changed: Giant's Belt + Pickaxe + Ruby Crystal + 950 gold = 3300 total gold
- UNIQUE Passive – Icy retained
- Attack Damage increased from 20 to 30
- Unique Passive is now named "Icy"
- Cost increased from 3,250 (825) to 3,300 (835)
- Fixed - Slow duration now correctly lasts for 2.5 seconds instead of 2
- Tooltip now shows slow percent for melee and ranged attackers
- Slows from items will no longer stack. The largest slow will take effect until duration wears, then the next largest slow will take effect if it's still active
- Health reduced from 800 to 775
- Phage and Frozen Mallet no longer stack
- Increased slow percent from 25 / 35% (range/melee) to 30 / 40%
- Increased duration from 2.25 to 2.5
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Damage reduced from 30 to 20