|Name||Kang Beom-hyun (강범현)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||November 18, 1994 (age 24)|
|Soloqueue IDs||나진 꼬릴라, HUYA GorillA,|
|Social Media & Links|
Kang "Gorilla" Beom-hyun (Hangul: 강범현) is the support for Misfits Gaming. His name was previously stylized GorillA.
Kang "Gorilla" Beom-hyun joined NaJin White Shield on June 21, 2013 as their new starting support. He played in his first tournament at HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 where Shield made it to the quarterfinals but lost 3-0 to CJ Entus Frost.
The new season started off fairly well for GorillA and his team. They attended PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where they placed 4th, their highest result ever, after making to the semifinals but losing 3-1 to Samsung Ozone and the KT Rolster Bullets. Their next tournament was HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 where they made it to the finals of the whole tournament but lost 3-1 to Samsung Blue. The team's final OGN of the year was HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 where they dropped 3-2 in the quarterfinals to the KT Rolster Arrows. Shield acquired enough circuit points to qualify for the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals. They pulled off a miracle run and made it through the whole gauntlet, ending with a 3-1 victory against SK Telecom T1 K to qualify for the 2014 Season World Championship. They attended worlds later that year, where they made it out of groups but were beaten 3-0 by OMG in the quarterfinals. On October 31, 2014, it was announced that GorillA parted ways with NaJin White Shield.
On November 14, 2014, GorillA joined the newly formed HUYA Tigers together with Smeb, Lee, PraY, and kurO. The team played in the Champions Spring 2015 Qualifiers along with Incredible Miracle, Prime Clan, and Xenics, where they finished 2-1 and qualified for Champions Spring 2015. The team then renamed to GE Tigers. GE started out unarguably the top team in Korea at SBENU Champions Spring 2015 and earned themselves an invitation to the IEM Season IX World Championship in March. However, after defeating Cloud9 and SK Gaming to win their group, they lost 2-1 to Team WE in the semifinals. This defeat was considered by many casters and analysts to be the biggest upset to date in the entire history of League of Legends competition. They qualified for the finals of the OGN playoffs because of their first place finish in the regular season. Unfortunately, they lost 3-0 to SK Telecom T1 in the finals and placed second. The team renamed to the KOO Tigers prior to the start of SBENU Champions Summer 2015. KOO placed fourth in the regular season and qualified for the playoffs but lost 3-2 in the semifinals to KT Rolster. Because SKT won the finals, KOO still qualified for the 2015 Season World Championship as the second seed due to circuit points. KOO was placed into a group at worlds with Counter Logic Gaming, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming. They placed second, ending with a 4-2 record. They beat KT Rolster 3-1 and Fnatic 3-0 to make it to the finals against SKT. However, they finally fell in the finals with a 3-1 loss.
Soon after Worlds, Koo dropped the team as a sponsor and they renamed to the Tigers. The Tigers played in the 2015 LoL KeSPA Cup but they were upset in the first round 2-0 by SBENU Sonicboom. The Tigers renamed to ROX Tigers in January.
During the 2016 LCK Spring Split, the ROX Tigers dominated domestically in similar fashion to 2015. They finished the regular season with a 16-2 match record, losing only to KT Rolster and Samsung Galaxy. Earning first place in the regular season gave them a bye to the finals of the Spring Playoffs, where they faced SK Telecom T1. ROX entered as the favorites this time, but still lost 3-1, earning themselves second place for the spring split.
During the 2016 LCK Summer Split, the Tigers once again placed first in the regular season with an impressive 15-3 scoreline in Bo3s, with two losses to SK Telecom T1 and one loss to Samsung Galaxy. This seeded them in the 2016 LCK Summer Playoffs directly into their third domestic finals, where they eventually met KT Rolster. In an epic series, the ROX Tigers won the set 3-2, claiming 1st place in the Summer Split and giving them Korea's first seed into the 2016 Season World Championship.
- Chose the username "GorillA" because apparently he looks like gorilla.
- Known as an extremely humble and respectful person
- Known as one of the best Lulu and Thresh supports in Korea.
- Known for having a very large support champion pool
- Re-popularized Janna as a top-tier support in season 4.
- Selected by caster MonteCristo and Thorin in Summoning Insight as the 2015 Player of the Year.
- Invented Miss Fortune support in season 6 World Championship semi-final against SKT.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Gorilla Tournament Results|
LEC 2019 Spring
8 - 10RR
Korea Regional Finals 2018
0 : 3GEN
LCK 2018 Summer Playoffs
1 : 3AF
LCK 2018 Summer
13 - 5RR
Rift Rivals 2018 LCK-LPL-LMS
2 : 3LPL
2018 Mid-Season Invitational
1 : 3RNG
LCK 2018 Spring Playoffs
3 : 1AF
LCK 2018 Spring
16 - 2RR
|2017-12-09||3 - 4|
All-Star 2017 Los Angeles
1 : 2LPL
KeSPA Cup 2017
2 : 3KT
- January 24, From Korea to Europe: What is on the mind of Misfits Gaming's GorillA — Old friends, new teammates, life in Berlin with Adel Chouadria on Inven Global
- January 30, GorillA gives English interview about joining Misfits, Hans Sama, and his goals with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- March 23, GorillA on his change in play style, happy gorillas, and Misfits' LEC performance with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- January 26, KZ GorillA: "Through the addition of Peanut, our team's shotcalling saw improvement" with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- January 31, KZ GorillA on Khan's Riven: "He wasn't that confident... we might see him playing Riven more often." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 3, KZ GorillA: "I was a complete newbie when Madlife and Froggen were in their prime. It's really cool to see them here" with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 7, KZ GorillA: "When players get used to playing against Unsealed Spellbook supporters, it can be countered." with Hongje "Koer" Kim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 28, KZ GorillA: "Whoever has better hands will win the Rakan vs Leona fight." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Beom "Nswer" Park,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 6, Peanut: "Bdd was concerned about playing against Faker's Cassiopeia since yesterday. They banned the champion themselves" with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 21, GorillA: "Because of the Jhin buff in patch 8.5, ranged supports might see more play" with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- April 16, KZ GorillA: "I think if we prepare well against the Chinese teams, we will have a good shot at winning MSI." with Woo "Ready" Hyun,James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- May 11, KZ GorillA: "Last time I was here (in Berlin) I was in second place... This time, I want to make better results" with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- May 13, Gorilla to Olleh: 'If you need any help, I'm here for you - call me anytime.' with on Travis Gafford
- June 24, KZ Khan: "I want to tell Griffin’s top laner, Sword, to wash his neck clean and wait." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 28, KZ GorillA: "I’ve felt this for a while now… Khan has really matured as a player." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 12, KZ GorillA: "After the Rift Rivals, I realized that our team really needs to make urgent changes" with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Beom "Nswer" Park,,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 31, KZ GorillA: "In every interview, I said that Jin Air is a frightening opponent that has a deadly blow. Well, we were hit hard against them. (laughs)" with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Takyun "Laff" Pack,,Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- November 23, GorillA enters the LEC fray with Misfits Gaming with on LoL Esports
- November 25, GorillA Speaks About His Heartbreaking Farewell with PraY, Misfits' Warm Welcome, and Why He Joined the LEC with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- December 3, League of Legends: GorillA seeks 'very refreshing' experience with Misfits Gaming with Ashley Kang on ESPN
- January 5, GorillA: “I want to improve the image of both the Longzhu company and the team’s skill.” Translated on Slingshot
- January 21, Longzhu Gorilla: "I believe Fly and Crash will do well, and I know so" with on Inven Global
- February 2, LZ PraY-GorillA: "Minimizing mistakes was our main goal." with on Inven Global
- February 23, GorillA on being the ‘IRL support’: “Other people advise me not to live like this, but maybe I just need to go through a lot of toil.” with on Slingshot Esports
- February 28, LZ GorillA: "I hope we can pick ourselves up with today's win." with on Inven Global
- June 26, Longzhu Gaming GorillA "Miss Fortune is innocent...What matter is player's hand." with on Inven Global
- July 20, Longzhu Bdd shares how PraY made him aim at winning the LCK with on Inven Global
- July 22, LZ PraY on Standing at the Top of the LCK Leaderboards: "Longzhu is still a bottom tier team" with on Inven Global
- July 25, GorillA on playing Janna: “I don’t think she’s a good champion.” with on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 25, LZ GorillA feels that Janna isn't too great but made viable by Ardent Censer in 7.14 with on Inven Global
- July 28, LZ GorillA: “We still have matches against KT and Samsung, so we need to stall the early celebration and focus on doing well in the coming matches.” with on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 9, GorillA on former ROX teammates in the LCK playoffs: “We’ll have fun watching them fight among themselves on their way to us.” with on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 25, GorillA to Wolf, playfully: “I’m tired of seeing him. I want to see less of him but he keeps making his way up the tournament.” with on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 31, GorillA on Longzhu's Strategy for Playing Against SKT: "We just banned a lot of midlane champions" with on Inven Global
- September 6, Longzhu Gorilla: "One shot of Soju" with on Inven Global
- October 5, Gorilla believes in TSM this year: 'Ardent is very broken' and Doublelift is 'an amazing player' with on Travis Gafford
- October 5, Longzhu Gaming GorillA: "I think Fnatic will make it onto the next stage" with on Inven Global
- August 6, BDD on Finals: "I'd rather see AFS or SSG because KT and SKT are known to perform on big stages" with on Inven Global
- October 11, Longzhu GorillA: "First of all, I don’t want to fight against any LCK teams" with on Inven Global
- October 16, Gorilla to fans: 'Thank you for cheering for us and see you in the finals" with on Travis Gafford
- December 4, GorillA: “I’m fighting as a representative of Korea… So I’m concentrating on doing my best.” with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- October 2, GorillA: 'Smeb is sick to the point that every time he says something he's coughing' with on theScore
- October 7, ROX GorillA: ‘It’s definitely not the case that Korea will for sure win the World Championship.’ with on Yahoo!
- February 13, theScore Inside: an interview with GE Tigers' GorillA with on theScore eSports
- October 2, FW vs KT - Gorilla Interview with on Twitch
- October 6, KOO Tiger's GorillA: 'as a support the most important thing is that your team does well' with on theScore
- October 7, Gorilla Full English Interview: Rates Western Teams - Predicts Flash Wolves Advances Instead of CLG with on Gamespot
- September 25 - LoL 2014 World Championship - NJW GorillA Interivew (video) with OGN Global
- November 17 - 마지막 진출팀 HUYA, "다시 시작하는 입장이기에 더욱 노력하겠다" (Korean) with Inven
- Nov. 28th, The Story of PraY and GorillA (LoL) by theScore Esports on theScore Esports
NJWS GorillA 2014 WC
The following pages redirect here.