|Name||Kang Beom-hyun (강범현)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||November 18, 1994 (age 25)|
|Soloqueue IDs||나진 꼬릴라, HUYA GorillA,|
|Social Media & Links|
Kang "Gorilla" Beom-hyun joined NaJin White Shield on June 21, 2013 as their new starting support. He played in his first tournament at HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 where Shield made it to the quarterfinals but lost 3-0 to CJ Entus Frost.
The new season started off fairly well for GorillA and his team. They attended PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where they placed 4th, their highest result ever, after making to the semifinals but losing 3-1 to Samsung Ozone and the KT Rolster Bullets. Their next tournament was HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 where they made it to the finals of the whole tournament but lost 3-1 to Samsung Blue. The team's final OGN of the year was HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 where they dropped 3-2 in the quarterfinals to the KT Rolster Arrows. Shield acquired enough circuit points to qualify for the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals. They pulled off a miracle run and made it through the whole gauntlet, ending with a 3-1 victory against SK Telecom T1 K to qualify for the 2014 Season World Championship. They attended worlds later that year, where they made it out of groups but were beaten 3-0 by OMG in the quarterfinals. On October 31, 2014, it was announced that GorillA parted ways with NaJin White Shield.
On November 14, 2014, GorillA joined the newly formed HUYA Tigers together with Smeb, Lee, PraY, and kurO. The team played in the Champions Spring 2015 Qualifiers along with Incredible Miracle, Prime Clan, and Xenics, where they finished 2-1 and qualified for Champions Spring 2015. The team then renamed to GE Tigers. GE started out unarguably the top team in Korea at SBENU Champions Spring 2015 and earned themselves an invitation to the IEM Season IX World Championship in March. However, after defeating Cloud9 and SK Gaming to win their group, they lost 2-1 to Team WE in the semifinals. This defeat was considered by many casters and analysts to be the biggest upset to date in the entire history of League of Legends competition. They qualified for the finals of the OGN playoffs because of their first place finish in the regular season. Unfortunately, they lost 3-0 to SK Telecom T1 in the finals and placed second. The team renamed to the KOO Tigers prior to the start of SBENU Champions Summer 2015. KOO placed fourth in the regular season and qualified for the playoffs but lost 3-2 in the semifinals to KT Rolster. Because SKT won the finals, KOO still qualified for the 2015 Season World Championship as the second seed due to circuit points. KOO was placed into a group at worlds with Counter Logic Gaming, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming. They placed second, ending with a 4-2 record. They beat KT Rolster 3-1 and Fnatic 3-0 to make it to the finals against SKT. However, they finally fell in the finals with a 3-1 loss.
Soon after Worlds, Koo dropped the team as a sponsor and they renamed to the Tigers. The Tigers played in the 2015 LoL KeSPA Cup but they were upset in the first round 2-0 by SBENU Sonicboom. The Tigers renamed to ROX Tigers in January.
During the 2016 LCK Spring Split, the ROX Tigers dominated domestically in similar fashion to 2015. They finished the regular season with a 16-2 match record, losing only to KT Rolster and Samsung Galaxy. Earning first place in the regular season gave them a bye to the finals of the Spring Playoffs, where they faced SK Telecom T1. ROX entered as the favorites this time, but still lost 3-1, earning themselves second place for the spring split.
During the 2016 LCK Summer Split, the Tigers once again placed first in the regular season with an impressive 15-3 scoreline in Bo3s, with two losses to SK Telecom T1 and one loss to Samsung Galaxy. This seeded them in the 2016 LCK Summer Playoffs directly into their third domestic finals, where they eventually met KT Rolster. In an epic series, the ROX Tigers won the set 3-2, claiming 1st place in the Summer Split and giving them Korea's first seed into the 2016 Season World Championship.
- Chose the username "GorillA" because apparently he looks like gorilla.
- Known as an extremely humble and respectful person
- Known as one of the best Lulu and Thresh supports in Korea.
- Known for having a very large support champion pool
- Re-popularized Janna as a top-tier support in season 4.
- Selected by caster MonteCristo and Thorin in Summoning Insight as the 2015 Player of the Year.
- Invented Miss Fortune support in season 6 World Championship semi-final against SKT.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- February 13, theScore Inside: an interview with GE Tigers' GorillA with , and on theScore eSports
- September 9, GorillA – The Admiral by , and on Gold Per 10
- October 2, FW vs KT - Gorilla Interview with , and on Twitch
- October 6, KOO Tiger's GorillA: 'as a support the most important thing is that your team does well' with , and on The Score
- October 7, Gorilla Full English Interview: Rates Western Teams - Predicts Flash Wolves Advances Instead of CLG with , and on Gamespot
- October 8, KOO Tigers settle for 2nd place in Group A with , and on LoL Esports
- October 18, KOO Gorilla - "Me, Wolf & Yellowstar are the strongest supports" with , and on Daily Dot
- May 17, The Top 10 Supports of Spring 2016 by Kelsey Moser on The Score
- August 11, The world's top 10 players in League of Legends by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- October 2, GorillA: 'Smeb is sick to the point that every time he says something he's coughing' with , and on The Score
- October 7, ROX GorillA: ‘It’s definitely not the case that Korea will for sure win the World Championship.’ with , and on Yahoo!
- January 21, Longzhu Gorilla: "I believe Fly and Crash will do well, and I know so" with , and on Inven Global
- February 2, LZ PraY-GorillA: "Minimizing mistakes was our main goal." with , and on Inven Global
- February 23, GorillA on being the ‘IRL support’: “Other people advise me not to live like this, but maybe I just need to go through a lot of toil.” with , and on Slingshot Esports
- February 28, LZ GorillA: "I hope we can pick ourselves up with today's win." with , and on Inven Global
- June 26, Longzhu Gaming GorillA "Miss Fortune is innocent...What matter is player's hand." with , and on Inven Global
- July 20, Longzhu Bdd shares how PraY made him aim at winning the LCK with , and on Inven Global
- July 22, LZ PraY on Standing at the Top of the LCK Leaderboards: "Longzhu is still a bottom tier team" with , and on Inven Global
- July 25, LZ GorillA feels that Janna isn't too great but made viable by Ardent Censer in 7.14 with , and on Inven Global
- July 25, GorillA on playing Janna: “I don’t think she’s a good champion.” with , and on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 28, LZ GorillA: “We still have matches against KT and Samsung, so we need to stall the early celebration and focus on doing well in the coming matches.” with , and on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 6, BDD on Finals: "I'd rather see AFS or SSG because KT and SKT are known to perform on big stages" with , and on Inven Global
- August 9, GorillA on former ROX teammates in the LCK playoffs: “We’ll have fun watching them fight among themselves on their way to us.” with , and on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 25, GorillA to Wolf, playfully: “I’m tired of seeing him. I want to see less of him but he keeps making his way up the tournament.” with , and on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 31, GorillA on Longzhu's Strategy for Playing Against SKT: "We just banned a lot of midlane champions" with , and on Inven Global
- September 6, Longzhu Gorilla: "One shot of Soju" with , and on Inven Global
- October 5, Longzhu Gaming GorillA: "I think Fnatic will make it onto the next stage" with , and on Inven Global
- October 5, Gorilla believes in TSM this year: 'Ardent is very broken' and Doublelift is 'an amazing player' with , and on Travis Gafford
- October 11, Longzhu GorillA: "First of all, I don’t want to fight against any LCK teams" with , and on Inven Global
- October 16, Gorilla to fans: 'Thank you for cheering for us and see you in the finals" with , and on Travis Gafford
- November 28, The Story of PraY and GorillA (LoL) by theScore Esports on theScore Esports
- December 4, GorillA: “I’m fighting as a representative of Korea… So I’m concentrating on doing my best.” with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, , and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- December 14, GorillA on All-Stars entertainment vs competition: "Playing together with talented players from other teams is valuable. I wonder how many times I will get a chance to do that in my career." with Shawn Park on Blitz Esports
- January 26, KZ GorillA: "Through the addition of Peanut, our team's shotcalling saw improvement" with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- January 31, KZ GorillA on Khan's Riven: "He wasn't that confident... we might see him playing Riven more often." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 3, KZ GorillA: "I was a complete newbie when Madlife and Froggen were in their prime. It's really cool to see them here" with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 7, KZ GorillA: "When players get used to playing against Unsealed Spellbook supporters, it can be countered." with Hongje "Koer" Kim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, , and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 28, KZ GorillA: "Whoever has better hands will win the Rakan vs Leona fight." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Beom "Nswer" Park, , and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 6, Peanut: "Bdd was concerned about playing against Faker's Cassiopeia since yesterday. They banned the champion themselves" with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- March 21, GorillA: "Because of the Jhin buff in patch 8.5, ranged supports might see more play" with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, , and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- April 16, KZ GorillA: "I think if we prepare well against the Chinese teams, we will have a good shot at winning MSI." with Woo "Ready" Hyun and James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- May 11, KZ GorillA: "Last time I was here (in Berlin) I was in second place... This time, I want to make better results" with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- May 13, Gorilla to Olleh: 'If you need any help, I'm here for you - call me anytime.' with , and on Travis Gafford
- June 24, KZ Khan: "I want to tell Griffin’s top laner, Sword, to wash his neck clean and wait." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 28, KZ GorillA: "I’ve felt this for a while now… Khan has really matured as a player." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 12, KZ GorillA: "After the Rift Rivals, I realized that our team really needs to make urgent changes" with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Beom "Nswer" Park, , and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 31, KZ GorillA: "In every interview, I said that Jin Air is a frightening opponent that has a deadly blow. Well, we were hit hard against them. (laughs)" with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Takyun "Laff" Pack, , and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- November 23, GorillA enters the LEC fray with Misfits Gaming with , and on LoL Esports
- November 25, GorillA Speaks About His Heartbreaking Farewell with PraY, Misfits' Warm Welcome, and Why He Joined the LEC with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- December 3, League of Legends: GorillA seeks 'very refreshing' experience with Misfits Gaming with Ashley Kang on ESPN
- January 24, From Korea to Europe: What is on the mind of Misfits Gaming's GorillA — Old friends, new teammates, life in Berlin with Adel Chouadria on Inven Global
- January 30, GorillA gives English interview about joining Misfits, Hans Sama, and his goals with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- March 23, GorillA on his change in play style, happy gorillas, and Misfits' LEC performance with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- August 8, [Interview] GorillA Talks about after Leaving Misfits and his Future with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok & David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- December 30, [KeSPA Cup] SB GorillA: "I was actually feeling really insecure...However, I’m back to challenge myself, and if we continue to win like we did tonight, I think everything will be alright." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok & Daniel "Quest" Kwon on Inven Global
- December 30, GorillA wants to go to 2020 worlds "I wonder if I'm fading from people's memories" (Korean) with Ashley Kang on Korizon Esports
- January 20, SB GorillA: "Leo is more consistent than Route. Probably because of what he saw and learned while he was in T1." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim & David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
NJWS GorillA 2014 WC
The following pages redirect here:
- [취재] 롤챔스 선발전 '다크호스' 탄생, HUYA 타이거즈 창단 (Korean) inven.co.kr
- Chinese giant YY picks up a Korean team. ongamers.com
- GorillA's Facebook Post (Korean) facebook.com
- Kingzone DragonX's Tweet (Korean) twitter.com
- 롱주 게이밍, 중국 e스포츠 업체 킹존에 인수... '킹존 드래곤X'로 팀명 변경 (Korean) fomos.kr
- Misfits Gaming's Tweet twitter.com
- Misfits Gaming's Tweet twitter.com
- SANDBOX Gaming's Tweet (Korean) twitter.com
- '고릴라' 강범현 등 4인 탈퇴, 나진 e엠파이어 선수단 변경 (Korean) sports.news.naver.com
- 롤챔스 선발전 '다크호스' 탄생, HUYA 타이거즈 창단 (Korean) inven.co.kr
- Chinese giant YY picks up a Korean team. ongamers.com