| Hans Sama
| Background Information
|| Steven Liv
| Country of Birth:
|| September 2, 1999
|| Misfits Gaming
|| AD Carry
| Favorite champions:
| Soloqueue IDs:
|| Hans von Melzer, Steven Liv (KR), HANS SAMAAAAAAAA (KR), 한스 사마 (KR), NOTFIRSTPICKPLZ (KR), TrackingTheWeebs (KR), MSF Hans sama1, MSF Draven, CJ Entus Krämer, Aimi Kaneko, Subarù Natsuki, Hans sama v5, Hans S0L0, AFs Sangyoon, M MasterHans, M Hans sama, Holydai, E Corp Draven, E Corp Nii Hans, Kimchi open, EDC Kappa
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
Steven "Hans Sama" Liv was born in Paris, France on September 2, 1999. He started playing League of Legends when he was eleven years old, and he reached Challenger ranking three seasons later. In Season 2, while climbing the ladder with his brother, Andy, he started to meet professional players as ocelote, Nyph, Krepo, ElOjeteNinja, YoungBuck, HawkDon, Haydal, Djoko, Yuuki60, and Rekkles in ranked games. He became known as a high-Elo player in the French scene under the ID "Hans von Melzer", and eventually joined The Gentle Team, a French amateur team. The same roster joined E-corp Gaming shortly after.
Hans Sama's professional career started when he joined Millenium along with Pretty in November 2015 for the 2016 EU Challenger Series Spring Split. They replaced twin brothers Myw and Bloos, and joined Kaze, Djoko and Masterwork to complete the roster. They won multiple French tournaments including Challenge France 2016 Spring. During the EUCS Open Qualifier semifinals and final, Hans sama went deathless with Miss Fortune and Kalista picks against K1ck Black and Huma and achieved a 54 KDA (24/0/30) over four games. Millenium lost only one series during the EUCS Regular Season, to Inspire eSports, but that record didn't translate to the playoffs, and they lost 0-3 to Copenhagen Wolves in semifinals, missing out on the Promotion Tournament.
After being replaced by Tabzz on Millenium's botlane, Hans Sama joined the new European team Misfits in June 2016 to compete in the EUCS Summer Season, replacing Yuuki60. Using strong Caitlyn, Lucian and Ezreal picks on Hans sama, they dominate everyone during the regular season by only losing one single game against Team Forge (1-1). In Playoffs, they beat 3-0 Epsilon eSports in semifinals and 3-0 Millenium in final. They manage to qualify for the League Championship Series 2017 by beating 3-1 FC Schalke 04 during the last best-of-five of the 2016 Up & Down Summer Split Tournament after a though match versus Origen lost 2-3. Meanwhile, Misfits re-signed Hans sama as the team's starting AD carry for two complete seasons.
In January, after the departure of Wisdom and Selfie, Hans Sama makes his debut in the LCS Spring Split 2017, along with his teammates Alphari, KaKAO, PowerOfEvil and IgNar. They started this split with good results in six weeks with seven victories and one defeat against G2 Esports. Usually picking Jhin, a champion on which he obtains his best results, Hans sama becomes the first player and the only one in Europe to play Draven throughout this split, winning against Splyce in Week 4 and against Team Vitality in Week 5. Then from Week 7 to Week 10, Misfits lost its regularity by being dominated by H2k-Gaming (Week 7), G2 Esports (Week 8), Team ROCCAT (Week 9) and Fnatic (Week 10). They only took the win over Giants Gaming in Week 10. To justify these defeats, many observed that Team Misfits wasn't as pro-active as it was in the beginning of the split.
Despite this decrease of performance, Hans Sama qualifies with his team for the Playoffs by ending second of Group A with a 8-5 record, behind G2 Esports and over Fnatic. In quarter-finals, Misfits faces Splyce and successfully takes the best-of-five after making a unexpected reverse sweep thanks to Hans Sama on his Kalista and PowerOfEvil on his LeBlanc. In semi-finals, Misfits plays versus the Unicorns Of Love and loses 1-3. During their last match of Spring Split for the third place, Hans sama and his teammates are dominated (0-3) by Fnatic, led by an excellent Rekkles. Eventually, Misfits ends up taking the fourth place of the League Championship Series 2017 along with 30 Championship Points and 20,000 Euros.
- Plays League of Legends since Season 1 (March 2011).
- His first main champion was Tryndamere, played with Heal and Teleport.
- Moved from 900 elo (Bronze tier) to 1520 elo (Gold tier), ending Silver in the end of Season 1.
- Was a great jungler (main Nocturne and Lee Sin) and toplaner (main Jax and Mordekaiser) before moving to botlane as AD carry (main Vayne and Graves).
- Used to duo queue with his brother, who was a one trick Taric.
- Hates supporting because he easily gets bored. Favorite support champions are Alistar and Karma.
- Started to one trick Draven after watching Rekkles playing it.
- Considered as one of the best Draven players on EUW server, with Freeze and Pornstar Zilean.
- Reached Challenger for the first time at 14 years old (Season 4).
- Faced Soaz's Zed as Draven in a 1v1 middlelane duel near Disneyland Paris (Auchan Val d'Europe) in May 2014. The duel was really close but Soaz won it.
- Enjoyed to play Rengar in Season 5 ranked games because of his capability to oneshot enemy AD carry.
- Favorite ADC players are Bang, Deft, PraY, Rekkles and Zven.
- Played duo queue ranked games with support players as Edward, Masterwork, Moopz, je suis kaas, Hiiva, Mikyx, YellOwStaR, Krepo, kaSing, Jesiz and IgNar but still prefers solo queue.
- Had a total of five Challenger accounts simultaneously in April 2016 (M Hans sama, Holydai, M MasterHans, Hans von Melzer and Hans S0L0).
- Reached Challenger rank 1 for the first time in May 2016 (Season 6).
- Entered in the Challenger top 40 in Korea while bootcamping with his team Misfits (pre-season 7).
- Is 1m78 tall.
- Only speaks French and English.
- Has Cambodian and Chinese roots.
- Favorite dishes are cheese & beef Yakitori skewer, Spaghetti bolognese, McDonald's food, Bò bún, Bò lúc lắc rice and Sake Maki.
- Dislikes seafood, spicy food, chilli pepper and kimchi.
- Enjoyed to play Star Wars: Jedi Outcast II, Warcraft III, Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror, Titan Quest, 4Story, Starcraft II, CS:GO, osu!, Warframe, Left for Dead 2, Black Desert Online and Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom.
- Is very interested by Japanese and Korean cultures.
- Enjoys reading manga & watching anime and Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies.
- Favorite anime are Steins;Gate, Your Name, Sword Art Online, Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Akame ga Kill!.
- Uses a Wacom Cintiq 22HD to draw digital art manga.
- Shows off his drawing skills while streaming.
- Is not very talkative while streaming.
- Aimed to become a professional tennis player before discovering League of Legends. His idols were Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- Stopped both tennis and school at early age of 16 to dedicate his time to League of Legends.
- Wants to be a manga artist after retiring from League of Legends.
- His first gaming mouse was a Razer Imperator 2012.
- Currently playing with a Logitech G402 mouse and a Logitech G910 keyboard.
- Mouse DPI : 1500
- Mouse sensibility : 60
- Uses a Razer Kraken headset.
- Hans sama is the final name he picked after playing few years as "Hans von Melzer", which came from his brother who likes Austrian tennis player Jürgen Melzer. He just kept "Hans" and added "sama" because of his passion for Japanese animation.
- Has chosen Bang Bang Management in 2016 as personal management agency which works with talents such as YellOwStaR and Nisqy.
- Won the Coca-Cola Gaming Awards 2016 during the Paris Games Week in the category "Esport Revelation of the Year".
- Has made an emblematic appearance in a video advertising from 2016 to promote a famous Japanese watch brand named G-SHOCK.
- Click here for a full list of pentakills.
- January 2nd, Preview 2017 - L'année Hans sama (French) with beIN eSports
- February 4th, Hans sama & Ignar Interview with Liquid Legends
- February 10th, Hans sama: "With us there is not just a shot caller" with Sport1
- March 24th, Player Spotlight: Hans Sama and Ignar with Jeff Latham on LoL Esports
- April 10th, Hans Sama talks about how he grew in his League career with support from his family and fans with Blitz Esports
- April 12th, Misfits' Hans sama: In season 3, I started watching anime and I really didn't want to start playing LoL again with theScore esports
- July 24th, Hans Sama on Misfits’ heavy engage comps: “It would be more like our signature. We are really good at playing those comps” with Slingshot Esports
- September 4th, Interview Hans Sama - Finales LCS EUROPE Paris with Millenium
- September 11th, ENTREVUE AVEC HANS SAMA - SA TEAM DE RÊVE ! with Eclypsia
- October 14th, Misfits Hans Sama, Maxlore: "I just want to go home and enjoy my nuggets." with Inven Global
- January 17th, Steven 'Hans sama' Liv - A Korean journey (montage) by Hans sama
- January 26th, Steven 'Hans sama' Liv - VLOG #1 by Hans sama
- March 14th, DRIVE: The Hans Sama Story by LoL Esports
- April 12nd, Misfits vs Splyce - Behind the Reverse Sweep by Team Misfits
- April 19th, Misfits vs Unicorns of Love Behind the Scenes - Love Hurts by Team Misfits
- April 27th, Behind the Scenes - Misfits v Fnatic 3rd Place Match by Team Misfits
- May 24th, DON'T STRESS, HERE'S YOUR MIDSEASON SURVIVAL GUIDE by James O'Leary (eu.lolesports.com)
- May 25th, A Day in the Life: Hans Sama by Team Misfits
- June 9th, Misfits LoL - Back to LCS by Team Misfits
- August 25th, Misfits Gaming - RISE: Episode 1 (Summer Quarterfinals) by Team Misfits
- August 31st, Passport to Paris - 2017 EU LCS Summer Final by LoL Esports
- September 1st, Misfits Gaming - RISE: Episode 2 (Summer Semifinals) by Team Misfits
- September 12th, Misfits Gaming - RISE: Episode 3 (Summer Finals) by Team Misfits
MIL Hans sama 2015 Winter
MIL Hans sama 2016 Spring
MSF Hans sama 2016 Summer
MSF Hans sama 2017 Spring
MSF Hans sama 2017 Summer
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.