Active damage reduced at early levels.
As a powerful fringe item, Gunblade finds itself in a similar position to last season’s Frozen Mallet. While few champions are able to capitalize on its specific set of stats, those that can (Akali, Katarina, Corki) have uncovered Gunblade’s overbearing potential. When built as a first item, Gunblade’s active provides damage akin to a 5th spell for most users, easily overpowering the opposition with its instant nuke. We want Gunblade users to feel good about buying into an aggressive option, but the effectiveness of the item was just too much.
ACTIVE DAMAGE : [250 at all levels] ⇒ 175-250 (at levels 1-18)
Deals more damage and slows instantly.
We’ll square with you a Gunblade hasn’t changed much. Its ‘Omni-Vamp’ e sidesteps a lot of spell-vamp’s issues, proving effective on a wide range of mixed-damage champions. Instead of rocking the boat, we tied it to a lightning mechanic (and made the active match) so it plays nice with the other Hextech upgrades. If you’re looking for pure, hybrid offenslook no further.
TOTAL COST : 3400 (unchanged)
LIGHTNING BOLT UNIQUE Active - Instantly deals 250 magic damage to target champion and slows them for 40% for 2 seconds. (40 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items.)
LIGHTNING BOLT RATIO : 0.3 ability power
Similar to Guinsoo's (though quite not as scarce), Gunblade's reload mechanic actually restricted its active's use as a means of catching people out, instead favoring champions who could repeatedly 'reload' it (hint: it's Akali). By stripping out the mechanic and halving the cooldown we're looking to bring Gunblade back as a possible choice for a broader set of champions, namely those looking to heal off of everything. Actually everything.
TOTAL cost : 3400 gold (unchanged)
BUILD path : Bilgewater Cutlass + Hextech Revolver + 550 gold
LIFEsteal [10%] ⇒ 0%
spellvamp [20%] ⇒ 0%
OMNIVORE Now heals for 15% of all damage dealt (33% effective for AoE)
active COOLDOWN : [60 seconds] ⇒ 30 seconds
RELOAD No longer reduces the active cooldown by 3 seconds per basic attack and single target spell-hit
More ability power, slightly less attack damage and lifesteal.
- "After losing out on Deathfire Grasp, some champions might be looking for healthier alternatives (speaking from a holistic game perspective), and Gunblade makes sense for a few of them so... here we are. Yep."
- ATTACK DAMAGE :
45 ⇒ 40
- ABILITY POWER :
65 ⇒ 80
- LIFESTEAL :
12% ⇒ 10%
- Combine cost increased from 275g to 800g (total cost is the same)
- Life steal increased from 10% to 12%
- Attack Damage increased from 40 to 45
- Ability Power reduced from 70 to 65
- Life Steal reduced from 15% to 10%
- Spell Vamp is no longer Unique
- New Unique Passive - Your basic attack and single target spells against champions reduce the cooldown of this item by 3 seconds.
- Unique Active changed to "Deals 150 + 40% of your Ability Power as magic damage and slows target champion's Movement Speed by 40% for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown).
- Cost changed from 3,625 (600) to 3,400 (275)
- Attack damage reduced to 40 from 60
- Ability power reduced to 70 from 75
- Life steal reduced to 15% from 20%
- Spell vamp reduced to 20% from 25% and is now unique
- Spell vamp increased to 25% from 20%
- Spell vamp increased to 20% from 13%
- Life steal increased to 20% from 15%
- Stats increased to +60 attack damage, +75 ability power, +15% lifesteal, +13% spell vamp from +45 attack damage, +55 ability power, +15% lifesteal, +12% spell vamp
- Fixed a bug where the active effect stacked with Bilgewater Cutlass' active