After the 2019 preseason jungle changes, we nerfed junglers through their EXP
UNIQUE - Monster Hunter
LARGE MONSTERS EXP :  ⇒ 60
FIRST LARGE MONSTER BONUS EXP :  ⇒ 150
MINION GOLD PENALTY : [10 less gold from lane minions if more than half of your farm gold is from minions; removed on item completion] ⇒ 13 less gold from lane minions if more than half of your farm gold is from minions; removed at 14 minutes
Unenchanted jungle items reduce gold received from minions if their owner has too much minion gold.
When preseason shipped, we pulled out the Monster Hunter gold penalty to see if other changes would naturally discourage gold funneling (higher tradeoff via turret plating, higher risk via minion and monster bounties). Funneling's made a small comeback, so we're adding a new version of Monster Hunter that's more graceful than last season's check on who had the highest CS.
MONSTER HUNTER : Hunter's Machete, Hunter's Talisman, unenchanted Stalker's Blade, and unenchanted Skirmisher's Sabre now reduce minion gold earned by 10 per minion if their owner's gold from minions is greater than half their gold from monsters
Monster Hunter gold penalty removed.
Other preseason changes increase the risks (farm bounties) and tradeoffs (turret plating) of the gold funneling strategy that originally caused us to introduce the Monster Hunter penalty, so we don't need it anymore.
MONSTER HUNTER Owning Hunter's Machete, Hunter's Talisman, or an un-upgraded Stalker's Blade or Skirmisher's Sabre no longer reduces gold granted by lane minions if you have the highest minion kill score on your team
Monster Hunter restriction now applies if the champion has the highest minion kill score, not the most gold.
The previous Monster Hunter had the effect of inhibiting the snowball of a jungle who got ahead with kills, not just a champion who was duo-farming the jungle. We're changing the mechanic to only restrict champions who have the highest minion score, not the highest gold.
SHARE THE LOAD If you have the most individual total gold on your team, lane minion kills will grant 10 less gold
SHARE THE LOAD If you have the highest minion score on your team, lane minion kills will grant you 10 less gold
TWISTED TREELINE The Monster Hunter changes also apply on Twisted Treeline.
If you have the most individual total gold on your team, lane minions kills grant less gold.
Jungle funneling tends to be a very passive and unengaging strategy, largely rooted in avoiding conflict. This is subverting a lot of normal laning patterns, so we're looking to significantly nerf the strategy. We'll be pursuing cleaner system solutions to the problem in preseason, but for now we're just trying to decrease the viability of funneling.
Hunter's Machete / Hunter's Talisman
MONSTER HUNTER If you have the most individual total gold on your team, lane minions kills will grant 10 less gold. This penalty is removed upon completion of an Enchantment on a Skirmisher's Sabre or Stalker's Blade.
We’re removing the attack speed buff given by Hunter’s Machete and providing power elsewhere on the item. We initially gave it attack speed so junglers wouldn’t be forced into the Precision tree, but this has become less of a problem after the introduction of rune set bonus splitting. We'll be watching to see if any junglers are hit hard by these changes and try to compensate as necessary.
DAMAGE ON-HIT VS MONSTERS :  ⇒ 35
CHOP CHOP Attacking jungle monsters no longer grants 15% bonus attack speed for 2 seconds
NAIL (PASSIVE) : Now additionally grants 15% attack speed for 2 seconds after basic attacking a monster.
On-hit damage up. Lifesteal up.
With Krug and Gromp Smite bonuses gone, we’re upping both the damage and sustain on Hunter’s Machete (and its upgrades) to compensate.
ON-HIT DAMAGE :  ⇒ 25
LIFESTEAL : [8%] ⇒ 10 %
PAY IT FORWARD : These changes apply to Hunter’s Machete upgrades as well
Monsters grant more experience to junglers but less to non-junglers.
The tactic of a solo player abandoning lane to farm monster camps with their jungler (we call it 'buddy jungling') evolved in response to the 2v1 lane swap. Rather than sit under tower, zoned out of experience, top laners ditch their lanes for safer prospects. Buddy jungling is enabled by the 'comeback' mechanic, which increases monster experience for lower-level champions. Though the jungler and top laner are both constantly underleveled due to splitting camps, comeback experience softens the punishment by adding net experience versus a solo clear.
The casualty of this technique is the early game itself: buddy jungling puts eight of the ten players on the Rift into a pure PvE situation. That leads to an incredibly stale opening phase of the match and eliminates the lane dynamics many of League’s early-game champs (Renekton!) rely on to make their impact.
We're putting a damper on buddy jungling by removing the experience efficiency granted to the buddy. That’s not to say it isn’t still situationally viablhaving two people in the jungle can offer strategic valuwe’re just ensuring it’s a
ONLY FOR THE WORTHY : Non-epic jungle monsters now only grant experience to their killers
CATCH-UP Jungle monster experience rewards no longer increase when you’re lower level than the slain monster
FARM RAZORBEAKS All Jungle items now grant 30 bonus experience on monster kill for each level higher the monster is than you
TIER 1 JUNGLE ITEMS : Hunter’s Machete and Hunter’s Talisman grant  ⇒ 50 bonus experience on large monster kill
TIER 2 JUNGLE ITEMS : Stalker’s Blade, Skirmisher’s Sabre, and Tracker’s Knife grant  ⇒ 50 bonus experience on large monster kill
HUNTING GROUND : Based on the above changes, total jungle experience rewards have been adjusted. Overall, junglers now get slightly more experience per clear while non-junglers get slightly less.
it's dangerous to go alone
One of the two items necessary to make your tier 2 jungle items, Machete's carving out an identity as the more basic attack-focused of the jungle starting items, providing the on-hit damage and sustain necessary to cleave the cute woodland beasts of the Rift. It's lost all of its mana regeneration in return for offensive power, so consider starting at the Blue Sentinel if you're reliant on abilities to clear!
TOTAL cost : [400 gold] ⇒ 350 gold
MORE PROBLEMS No longer grants 15 bonus gold on large monster kill
JUNGLER No longer burns monsters or gives regeneration when hit by monsters.
LIFEsteal 8% vs monsters
UNIQUE passive Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage on-hit vs monsters. Killing large monsters grants 15 bonus experience.
Mana regeneration up.
- "Riot Games: helping mages with their early clears since 5.14. While Runeglaive unlocks a lot of potential for mage junglers in the mid game (with these changes, RG will probably trivialize the jungle post-purchase, but that's a Good Thing), we've heard your feedback that those mage junglers have to get there in the first place.
- It's worth highlighting here: that's not +1 mana per 5 seconds, that's +1 mana per second, which is actually a significant buff for mana-hungry junglers in the early game. This has the secondary effect of also buffing other spell-based junglers like Pantheon and Wukong, which is also something we're looking forward to."
- MANA REGENERATION :
3 mana per second while in combat with monsters ⇒ 4 mana per second while in combat with monsters
- "Back in patch 4.21 we added extra gold to Hunter's Machete and all tier 2 / tier 3 jungle items, but noted that we might have gone a little light."
- Well, now that we've seen the impact of the changes, we can go just a little harder. So here we are. Design levers!"
- BONUS GOLD ON MONSTER KILL :
10 bonus gold ⇒ 15 bonus gold
- COST :
325 gold ⇒ 400 gold
- [REMOVED] STATS : +10 attack damage vs. monsters / +5 damage reduction vs. monsters
- [NEW] PASSIVE - JUNGLER : Deal 30 magic damage on hit to monsters over 2 seconds and gain 7 health and 3 mana per second while in combat with monsters
- [NEW] OH THANK GOODNESS : Hunter's Machete can now only be purchased if you have Smite as a summoner spell
300 gold ⇒ 325 gold
- NEW DAMAGE REDUCTION: +5 Damage Reduction vs. Monsters
- NEW BONUS DAMAGE: +10 Attack Damage vs. Monsters
- REMOVED MAIMLESS:
No longer has the UNIQUE Passive: Maim
- REMOVED BUTCHERLESS:
No longer has the UNIQUE Passive: Butcher
25/11/2013 Gameplay Hotfix
- UNIQUE Passive - Maim
- Health return on hit increased to 5 from 3
- Now also grants 3 health on hit versus monsters
- UNIQUE Passive - Rend changed to UNIQUE Passive - Maim
- Now deals 10 bonus magic damage to monsters with every basic attack
Hunter's Machete added
- Unique Passive - Butcher: Damage dealt to monsters increased by 10%
- Unique Passive - Rend: Basic attacks deal 10 bonus true damage to monsters.
- Cost: 300