IEM Season VII
The Intel Extreme Masters is ESL's flagship competition sponsored by Intel. IEM is a huge tournament spanning many months and individual competitions culminating in the Global Championships. While each year the games played changes, for Season VI, League of Legends will be played alongside Counter Strike 1.6 and Starcraft 2. Tournaments involved in the IEM range from small online qualifiers with $100 prizes to huge live events giving away upwards of 5 figure cash prizes to the winners of major events.
Season VII features five Global Challenges and a World Championship. Each Global Challenge's League of Legends tournament will feature 8 qualified teams.
Global Challenge Guangzhou (2012-09-30 – 2011-10-04)
- Global Challenge Singapore (2012-11-22 – 2012-11-25)
- Global Challenge Cologne (2012-12-14 – 2012-12-16)
- Global Challenge Katowice (2013-01-18 – 2013-01-20)
- Global Challenge Sao Paulo (2013-01-28 – 2013-02-03)
Finals / World Championship:
- World Championship (2013-03-05 – 2013-03-09)
Prize Pool - Winner
The total prize pool for Season VII is $ 326,000 USD, spread between various games and events as follows:
|Global Challenge Singapore||$ 44,000||MeetYourMakers|
|Global Challenge Cologne||$ 44,000||SK Telecom T1|
|Global Challenge Katowice||$ 44,000||Gambit Gaming|
|Global Challenge Sao Paulo||$ 44,000||Incredible Miracle|
|World Championship||$ 150,000 ||CJ Entus Blaze|
|IEM Season VII Points|
|4||SK Telecom T1||-||-||-||85||-||-||85|
|7||Absolute Legends NA||-||-||60||-||-||-||60|
|7||CJ Entus Blaze||-||-||-||-||60||-||60|
|12||CJ Entus Frost||-||-||-||-||35||-||35|
|12||Kuala Lumpur Hunters||-||-||35||-||-||-||35|
|18||Absolute Legends SG||-||-||15||-||-||-||15|
|21||Team Curse Europe||12.5||-||-||-||-||-||12.5|
|21||Team Acer Poland||12.5||-||-||-||-||-||12.5|
|23||Kill Steal Gaming||-||10||-||-||-||-||10|
|23||Kiedys Mialem Team||-||10||-||-||-||-||10|
- One highest ranked team or player from each of the three Intel Extreme Masters regions (the Americas, Europe and Africa, Asia and Oceania) will be invited to the World Championship.
- The top 2 teams or players from every Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge will be invited to the World Championship.
- The remaining World Championship slots will go to the highest ranked teams or players in the season.
- Global Challenges
- The Counter-Strike 1.6 and League of Legends tournaments in every Global Challenge will each feature 8 teams, while every StarCraft II Global Challenge will have 16 participants.
- World Championship
- The Intel Extreme Masters World Championship will feature 12 Counter-Strike 1.6 teams, 12 League of Legends teams and 24 StarCraft II players.
As stated by the official rule-book: The ranking is primarily decided with regards to the number of points that a participant has amassed during that stage of a season. A participant will earn 3 points for winning a match and 0 points for losing a match. The below ranking priority will come into effect if 2 or more participants are on equal points. If at any point, the number of tied participants is reduced, or divided into several groups of tied participants, the still tied participants will in each case be compared again starting with the first point.
- Points amassed between the tied participants ('Mini-League')
- Map difference between the tied participants ('Mini-League')
- Number of map wins between the tied participants ('Mini-League')
- Higher time coefficient (see ) between the tied participants
- Overall map difference
- Overall number of map wins
- Higher overall time coefficient
If after all 7 points the teams are indistinguishable, a decider match or matches have to be played, in an attempt to separate the participants in question. In special cases, the tournament direction can rule on a different way to determine the order in an unsolvable tie (i.e. coin toss).
The LoL time coefficient is calculated by adding the match times of all lost maps and subtracting the match times of all won maps of the match(es) in question. A bigger number is considered better (tight losses and easy wins get rewarded).
- League of Legends - $500,000 for the entire season esl-world.net