|IEM Season 6 World Championship|
|Format||Group + Playoffs|
|Location & Dates|
IEM Season VI - World Championship in Hanover was the sixth event of the global league of the Intel Extreme Masters. Teams of Counter-Strike and League of Legends as well as StarCraft II players clashed in Hanover, Germany, in March 2012, for a total prize money of $283,000.
The IEM Season VI - World Championship took place in Hanover, Germany in March in the same venue as the CeBIT computer expo. This was the ESL's Intel Extreme Masters series' final event of its 6th season. 12 teams qualified for this World Championship by earning ranking points in the IEM Global Challenges throughout the season. The matches were played on the Nautilus patch with the Shen hotfixes. Main casters for this event were Phreak, Zenon, Deman, and Joe Miller.
Teams in Green are highest ranked in their region (qualified).
Teams in Blue have finished top 2 in an IEM (qualified).
Teams in Brown are qualified based on points.
- Group Stage - Round Robin Bo1
- 2nd & 3rd Place advances to Ro8
- 1st Place advances to Ro4
- Playoffs - Single Elimination - Bo3
$ 100,000 US Dollars are spread among the teams as seen below:
|Place||Prize||Prize (%)||≈Prize (EUR)||Riot Circuit||Team|
| 1||$50,000||50%||€38,000||+400||Moscow Five|
| 2||$20,000||20%||€15,200||+200||Team Dignitas|
|4||$3,800||3.8%||€2,888||+75||against All authority|
Converted prizes calculated with values provided by http://www.xe.com on January 22, 2012, as follows:
- $ 1 US Dollar = € 0.76 Euros
- 1 Team ALTERNATE and against All authority replace Invictus Gaming and Team WE as Invictus Gaming and Team WE could not participate because of visa issues.
| Armenia|| Belgium|| Canada|| China|| Denmark|| Finland|| France|| Germany|| Poland|| Portugal|| Russia|| Spain|| United States|| Venezuela|
- Players who played at least one game are listed here. Country of Birth is used.
- The finals were able to pull in over 267,000 concurrent viewers for IEM, breaking its previous record of 247,000 achieved at Kiev.