Illaoi - The Kraken Priestess
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||9.5 (+0.8)|
|Mana Regen:||7.5 (+0.75)|
|Attack Damage:||60 (+5)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+2.5%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
Illaoi, the Kraken Priestess is a Melee Fighter.
|Lore:||Illaoi’s powerful physique is dwarfed only by her indomitable faith. As the prophet of the Great Kraken, she uses a huge, golden idol to rip her foes’ spirits from their bodies and shatter their perception of reality. All who challenge the “Truth Bearer of Nagakabouros” soon discover Illaoi never battles alone - the god of the Serpent Isles fights by her side.
All who encounter Illaoi are struck by her presence. An intense woman, the priestess is fully committed to the experience of living. She takes what she wants, destroys what she hates, and revels in everything she loves.
| “Wisdom is frequently a kick in the head.”
- Illaoi, the Kraken Priestess
- Illaoi's tentacles now normally swing at champions under the effects of Taric's R - Cosmic Radiance or Kindred's R - Lamb's Respite
Tentacles are visible in brush to enemies within vision radius.
When Illaoi's tentacles are hidden by brush, enemies have no way to accurately track how much damage she can do to them. Knowing is just half the battle, though - without vision of a tentacle, there's no way to kill it. Together, these changes help Illaoi’s opponents properly assess how much threat they’re under, and deal with tentacles accordingly.
- WHAT'S IN THE BRUSH: Tentacles are now visible in brush to enemy champions within their normal vision range
Q indicator is more accurate for the enemy.
With Illaoi getting a little more of the spotlight, we noticed her opponents having a tougher-than-normal time dodging some of her stray tentacle slams. Fighting Illaoi should test your spirit, not your ability to judge misleading indicators.
- TENTACOOL: Tentacle indicators are now more accurate when displaying the area they’re going to Slam.
Q increases all tentacle damage rather than tentacle ratio. W damage up. E slow down, but no longer decays.
At present, Illaoi is synonymous with the term ‘feast or famine’. When things work out for the Kraken Priestess (like a 5 man ult), people usually aren’t walking out alive - but when she’s fallen behind or out of position, Illaoi quickly struggles to find her footing. These changes are aimed at limiting some of the variance in Illaoi’s performance while simultaneously supporting her itemization as a Juggernaut. Currently, too much of Illaoi’s damage output is in her massive offensive ratios - playing into her cycle of ‘was I able afford attack damage and survive?’ that leads to such immense variance between games. Illaoi will still have to care more about positioning than the average burly fighter, but enabling mixed-defense builds should see her able to consistently contribute to fights once she gets the ball rolling.
- COME ON AND SLAM: Illaoi’s tooltips have been updated
- No longer increases Tentacle damage by 0/0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4 bonus attack damage THRASHING:
- SMASHING: Now increases all Tentacle damage by 10/15/20/25/30%
15/35/55/75/95 + 1.1 total attack damage⇒ 1.0 total attack damage + [3/3.5/4/4.5/5% of the target’s maximum health (+2% per 100 attack damage)]
- SLOW DURATION:
2 seconds⇒ 1.5 seconds
- LESSON LEARNED: No longer decays over the duration
W cooldown down.
Following changes to her Test of Spirit, Illaoi’s found her performance a little lopsided this patch. Traditionally relying on a powerful laning phase to transition into strong teamfighting, Illaoi’s new vessel mechanics have reversed this dynamic. Now, Illaoi’s late-game vessel shenanigans are making a big splash, but it’s her early-game strength that’s been reduced significantly. We’re happy with the direction of the new Test of Spirit (i.e. providing a tangible benefit to Illaoi but not debuffing opponents for a million years), so we’re giving the Kraken Priestess a booster-shot to her early lane-bully potential to even things out.W - Harsh Lesson
6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds⇒ 4 seconds
Vessel debuff greatly shortened, but spawns tentacles faster.
Despite being Illaoi’s most interesting ability, Test of Spirit mostly ends up testing the patience of those involved. Being tested forces a tough choice onto Illaoi’s opponents, telling them fight or suffer the consequences. This choice is usually a trap - fighting Illaoi in close quarters is a death sentence given her massive area damage. Escaping the zone means slogging through waves of tentacles, which isn’t much better most of the time. On Illaoi’s side, turning someone into a vessel is really only a consideration for the laning phase. Once you’re testing spirits in teamfights, the minute-long debuff rarely matters. We want all participants of the Test to feel like they’re getting a fair shake, so we’re shifting around some mechanics to compress what it means to be a vessel. Illaoi gets to pressure opponents in a way that’s meaningful in teamfights (her forte), but her victims don’t have to deal with her lectures for an eternity.
- Passive - Prophet of an Elder God
- SEEK THE TRUTH: Tentacles no longer appear in Fog of War (Tentacles stay revealed once you’ve seen them for the first time)
- E - Test of Spirit
- Vessels can no longer clear their debuff by killing Tentacles TENTAKILLS:
- Tentacles are no longer prevented from spawning if the Vessel is recalling TENTACLE ETIQUETTE:
- VESSEL DEBUFF DURATION:
60 seconds⇒ 12 seconds
- VESSEL TENTACLE COOLDOWN: Tentacles spawn near Vessels once every 10 seconds: ⇒ once every 5/4/3 seconds (at levels 1/7/13)
- VESSEL TENTACLE DENSITY: Tentacles spawned by a Vessel spawn
1000 units apart⇒ 700 units apart
- Tentacles spawned by Illaoi’s R - Leap of Faith no longer fail to attack W - Harsh Lesson targets the moment before expiring
Delay on missing E removed. E mana cost down. Vessels can now get 'assists' from allies.
Illaoi's a champion that suffers a few problems - not only is she pretty difficult to play for a melee champion, but being on the receiving end of a fight for your own soul can feel incredibly frustrating to play against. This patch, we're addressing both. A little bit of QoL for the Illaoi's that are just learning how to shatter their opponents souls, and a little bit of leeway for opponents hoping to break free of becoming a vessel. Now your team is actually helping when taking out Illaoi's tentacles. It's the thought that counts, right?
- E - Test of Spirit
- DELAY UPON MISSING:
0.25 seconds⇒ 0 seconds
35/45/55/65/75 mana⇒ 35/40/45/50/55 mana
- TEST OF TEAMWORK: Tentacles that die within 5 seconds of a Vessel attacking them count towards removing the Vessel debuff
- WORTHY SOULS: Fixed a bug where Fiora could Riposte the application of the Vessel debuff as it flew towards her
- DELAY UPON MISSING: