|Name||Gu Seung-bin (구승빈)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||June 7, 1995 (age 23)|
|Soloqueue IDs||tdyipc (NA), MVP imp, 4seasons, 잊혀진계절, 삼성갤럭시 imp|
|Social Media & Links|
Gu "imp" Seung-bin (Hangul: 구승빈) is a bot laner for JD Gaming.
imp (sometimes stylized Imp) began playing League of Legends when the Korean server opened at the end of 2011. He played only Ashe and Sivir when he first began playing. He reached 2000 elo within 2 months and decided that he would take the game more seriously by learning the rest of the AD carry champions.
imp was picked up by MVP White as an AD carry under the name "4Seasons" in May of 2012. Their first tournament together was the International e-Culture Festival 2012 where they made it through the group stages but placed third after losing 2-1 to Invictus Gaming but beating WE.i-Rocks 2-0. Their next tournament was NLB Summer 2012 where White won the whole tournament after beating Tempest 4-1 in the finals.
White qualified for OLYMPUS Champions Winter 2012-2013 and made it past the group stage but lost 3-0 in the quarterfinals to the eventual champions NaJin Sword. A few weeks later, the team renamed to "MVP Ozone" and attended GIGABYTE StarsWar League Season 2 where they placed 4th in their group and missed the playoffs. Ozone came back to Korea to compete in OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 where they won the whole tournament after beating the heavily-favored CJ Entus Blaze 3-0. At the time, the series was considered the biggest upset in League of Legends history. Next Ozone attended HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 but they actually lost 3-1 in the semifinals to SK Telecom T1 but beat CJ Entus Frost to end in third place. Ozone had the second highest amount of circuit points in Korea so they automatically qualified for the Season 3 World Championship as the second Korean seed. About a week later, both MVP Ozone and Blue were picked up by the Samsung organization and were renamed to Samsung Galaxy Ozone and Samsung Galaxy Blue respectively. Ozone was a favorite to win the whole World Championship but they were upset by Fnatic and Gambit Gaming in the group stages and ended up missing the playoffs entirely.
Ozone were looking to avenge their poor performance at Worlds at PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 and they actually made the finals but SK Telecom T1 K finished their undefeated season by sweeping the finals 3-0. Ozone proved themselves to be a fearsome team once again and they went into HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 as a favorite to win it but they were upset in the semifinals 3-1 by their sister team, Samsung Blue. Ozone still managed to place third after beating Blaze in the third place match. Shortly afterwards, Ozone was renamed to Samsung Galaxy White. Once again at HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014, White lost 3-1 in the semifinals to Blue but they managed to beat SK Telecom T1 S and place third. At the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals, White had to play a tie-breaker game with SKT K to see who would qualify for the 2014 Season World Championship as the second seed. White smashed SK Telecom 3-0 and qualified for Worlds. White rolled through Worlds, winning the finals 3-1 against Star Horn Royal Club and only dropping two games total to become the 2014 Season World Champions. On October 31, 2014, imp announced his departure from Samsung White.
Imp joined LGD Gaming alongside two other Koreans, Flame and Acorn, on November 27, 2014. LGD's first full tournament as a team was the 2015 Demacia Cup Spring Season where they made the quarterfinals but lost 3-0 to Invictus Gaming. Shortly afterwards, they finished the 2015 LPL Spring Regular Season in 6th place and advanced to the 2015 LPL Spring Playoffs. LGD upset both OMG and Snake eSports 3-0 to face EDward Gaming in the finals. The series went the distance to a full five games but LGD ultimately lost the series 3-2 to EDG. LGD became feared in China but they were upset 3-0 by OMG in the 2015 Demacia Cup Summer Season. LGD placed fifth in the 2015 LPL Summer Regular Season and qualified for the Seeding Match of the 2015 LPL Summer Playoffs. They fought their way to the finals, even upsetting EDG 3-0 along the way. LGD beat the Qiao Gu Reapers 3-2 in the finals to qualify for the 2015 Season World Championship as the top seed from China, marking Imp's third World Championship in a row. LGD was placed in a group alongside Team SoloMid, Origen, and KT Rolster. Unfortunately, they ended with a 2-4 record and were knocked out of the tournament. LGD were the fan-voted team to attend IEM San Jose. They were knocked out in the first round, losing 2-0 to Team SoloMid.
LGD hoped to bounce back from their rough Worlds and post-Worlds performances and went into the 2016 LPL Spring Season with high hopes. Being placed in Group A, LGD struggled in the first several weeks of play. Although they had good players in every position, they struggled to play as a team. In the second half of the season however, they started to play better and bounced back. They finished 4th in their group with an 8-8 record. They faced off against Vici Gaming in Round 1 of the 2016 LPL Spring Playoffs but they lost 1-3 and finished the Spring Split in 7th-8th. Summer was a rough split for LGD as the team finished 5th place in their group. As a result of this, they would attend the 2017 LPL Spring Promotion but were able to re-qualify for the LPL after defeating Newbee 3-1.
The Spring and Summer seasons were very similar for LGD in 2017. They finished at the bottom of the standings first with 6 wins and 10 losses in Spring and then with 4 wins and 12 losses in summer. The team was able to retain its LPL spot in the promotion tournaments throughout the year.
- Argues that one of the biggest weaknesses he sees in other players is too much pride. He thinks having too much pride prevents players from improving. 
- Believes that the North American teams have a much weaker laning stage than Korea. 
- Based on his own experience he says that players who have girlfriends usually decline in skill; as they stop being totally focused on making sure they play as well as they possibly can.
- Considered one of the best AD carry players in Korea.
- Has a rivalry with WeiXiao, which began when he prevented WeiXiao from playing AD carry on his Korean smurf by taking the position instead. 
- Known for his Vayne mechanics that has earned him the nickname "Doubleimp" as both he and Doublelift have similar play styles.
- Regards Invictus Gaming's PDD as his favorite player after becoming friends with him during season 2. 
- Thinks Varus is the most underrated AD carry (June 2013).
- View’s OGN as the strongest league in the world and the best place for professional league players to really test their skills.
- Achieved 711 Gold Per Minute in a group stage match in PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014.
|Champions Winter 2013||Caitlyn||ADC||L||18/2/9||Link||Link|
|Champions Spring 2014 - Group Stage||Jinx||ADC||W||14/1/7||Link||Link|
|World Championship 2014||Vayne||ADC||W||8/0/2||Link||Link|
|World Championship 2014||Twitch||ADC||W||10/3/5||Link||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
Imp Tournament Results Date Pl Event Last Result Team Roster 2018-09-02 6 LPL 2018 Summer - West 6 - 13RR WE
2018-04-08 6 LPL 2018 Spring - East 6 - 13RR LGD
2017-11-19 3 NEST 2017 0 : 2JDG LGD
2017-08-20 6 LPL 2017 Summer - Group B 6 - 10RR LGD
2017-06-04 5 - 8 Demacia Cup 2017 1 : 3RNG LGD
2017-04-21 Q LPL 2017 Summer Promotion 3 : 0YM LGD
2017-04-16 6 LPL 2017 Spring - Group A 4 - 12RR LGD
2016-11-20 2 NEST 2016 0 : 2iG LGD
2016-11-13 9 - 11 Demacia Cup 2016 2 - 4RR LGD
2016-08-13 Q LPL 2017 Spring Promotion 3 : 1Newbee LGD
- August 14, Reddit AMA on Reddit
- April 11, LGD's imp and MaRin on their playstyles and preparing for the LPL playoffs with theScore
- October 10, Imp on LGD Issues: Blames Himself + "If China Still Wants Me, I Will Stay in China" with Gamespot
- August 27, 2nd Tie-Breaker Match Winner Interview - SAMSUNG White (video) with OGN Global
- September 18, LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - Imp & Susie (video) with OGN Global
- September 19, Imp on the best AD Carry, playing crazy, and looking like Harry Potter (video) with onGamers
- September 20, LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - IMP Interview2 (SSW AD Carry) (video) with OGN Global
- October 3, Imp on getting past his Trash Talk Tendencies and playing TSM (Video) with onGamers
- October 11, Imp on Samsung White vs Blue and Travis's Worlds luck with onGamers
- June 14, MVP Ozone's imp interview - LolStarKorea (video) with LoLStarKorea
- July 3, imp 'Grilled': "I was actually afraid to face Cpt Jack" (Episode #64) (video) with Team Acer
- September 21, Imp and Doublelift have a chance to talk to each other at Worlds (video) with GameSpot
- October 15, Imping'aint't easy by Emily Rand on Follow eSports
- October 26, The Final Fight: Season 4 with Samsung White's impby LEAH 'SPINN' JACKSON on LoL Esports
- October 2 -  - from LoL eSports Imp's Impressive 57 Kills and other stats from the Worlds 2014 Group Stage
- October 9 - Samsung White's Sewer Rat: Imp's Twitch at Worlds - from LoL eSports
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- Imp's Facebook Post (Korean) inven.com
- 세체원 '임프' 구승빈, 중국 LGD 입단 (Korean) inven.co.kr