|Player has retired.|
|Name||Choi In-seok (최인석)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||June 29, 1993 (age 26)|
|Soloqueue IDs||Choi inSec|
|Social Media & Links|
Choi "inSec" In-seok (Hangul: 최인석) is a League of Legends esports player, previously jungler for Winners.
Choi "inSec" In-seok played in his first competitive tournament during NLB Spring 2012 as a part of Team Bubble. The team won the finals 3-0 against Light (光) for a chance to qualify for Azubu The Champions Summer 2012. However, inSec left the team and joined CJ Entus in August. CJ managed to qualify for the Season 2 Korea Regional Finals but they lost in the fifth place tie breaker match 3-1 to Incredible Miracle and failed to make it to the main event.
CJ Entus were invited to compete at IEM Cologne and they managed to make it to the semifinals but they lost 2-1 to Fnatic. CJ also got to compete at OLYMPUS Champions Winter 2012-2013 where they made it to the quarterfinals and played a close set against Azubu Frost but in the end they lost 3-2. The CJ organization picked up two new teams, CJ Entus Frost and CJ Entus Blaze, so the original CJ team disbanded and inSec joined KT Rolster B as their jungler. His first real tournament with the team was OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 and it was here that inSec began to make his name as an all time great jungler. Unfortunately, KTB lost in the quarterfinals 3-1 to the eventual champions, MVP Ozone. But inSec became a fan favorite and was voted to represent Korea as a jungler at All-Star Shanghai 2013. Korea's all star team won the finals 2-0 against China's team and earned Korea an extra seed in the Season 3 World Championship. Soon afterwards, KTB renamed to the KT Rolster Bullets and Kakao rejoined the team as a jungler. To make room, inSec became a top laner for the first time in his career. The swap paid off when at the next OGN, HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013, the Bullets made it all the way to the finals and played a best of five against SK Telecom T1 that is considered to be the greatest series of League of Legends ever played. Unfortunately for the Bullets, SKT narrowly came out on top 3-2. The Bullets still qualified for the Season 3 Korea Regional Finals and made it to the finals, but once again lost to SKT, this time in a 3-1 series.
The new season began for inSec and the Bullets at PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where they were swept by SKT K in the semifinals but managed to place third by beating NaJin White Shield. The Bullets were then invited to play in the IEM Season VIII - World Championship in Katowice and managed to sweep the finals against Fnatic to win the whole tournament without dropping a game even though they were not considered to be a strong team at the time. They flew back to Korea for HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 and made the playoffs but lost a close 3-2 series against NaJin White Shield. InSec decided to move to China to join Star Horn Royal Club with his teammate Zero. He became a jungler once again on Royal and played his first season with the team during the 2014 LPL Summer Regular Season. They placed third and qualified for the 2014 LPL Summer Playoffs. Here Royal placed third again, losing 3-2 to OMG in the loser's bracket. Royal still managed to qualify for the 2014 Season China Regional Finals where they swept through the tournament to qualify for the 2014 Season World Championship as the second seed from China. A few days later they were knocked out of the semifinals of X Championship Season I 2-0 by Team King. Royal managed to fight their way to the finals of Worlds but lost a convincing 3-1 to Samsung White. Royal competed in Demacia Cup/Season 2 but were knocked out in the semifinals by EDward Gaming 2-0.
Soon afterwards, there was another Demacia Cup, 2015 Demacia Cup Spring Season. Royal made it to the quarterfinals but lost 3-0 to Team WE. A few weeks later, the 2015 LPL Spring Regular Season ended in tenth place. They were forced to play in the 2015 LPL Summer Promotion where they failed to qualify when they lost 3-0 to Gamtee in the semifinals. The roster was bought by the Team King organization and replaced the entirety of the old team. In June, inSec moved back to top lane to replace the old top laner, Cola. King competed in the 2015 Demacia Cup Summer Season but lost 3-1 to Unlimited Potential in the round of 16. About a month later, the 2015 LPL Summer Regular Season ended with King in dead last, 12th. They had to play in the 2016 LPL Spring Promotion where they got relegated again after losing 3-1 to 2144 Danmu Gaming in the first round.
- His ID inSec is based on his given name (In-seok).
- Known for his Lee Sin. He popularized the "inSec kick," a move that uses Lee Sin's mobility and Dragon's Rage ability to kick an enemy into the Lee Sin's team.
- Popularized Zed jungle in the competitive scene and even drew Zed bans.
- He played Shaco in the finals of the Asian Indoor-Martial Arts Games 2013, in which he transitioned from 3 early Doran's Blades into a Youmuu's Ghostblade. According to OnGameNet's caster, it was the first time a jungle Shaco had won in the competitive scene televised by OGN.
- Moved into the top lane as he wanted to initiate with more items and he felt limited when he was in the jungle position.
- Popularized Top Lane Zac.
- Was introduced to League of Legends from a friend while playing Mabinogi Heroes (also known as Vindictus in the United States).
- Broke his leg during rehearsals of the Demacia Cup 2015 Spring semifinals.
- Came up with 3 goals when he left CJ Entus, which he accomplished the first two.
- Win against CJ Entus;
- Make it to Worlds;
- Win the LCK.
- His father passed away when he was participating in the EU Masters 2018 and he felt guilty for not staying in Korea with his father.
- Was invited to Return of the Legends 2018 in Hong Kong which inspired inSec to return to pro play.
- Decided to retire because he had to join the South Korean army anytime.
|LPL 2014 Summer||Rengar||Jun||W||7/0/4||Link||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills by all players.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|InSec Tournament Results|
Esports Shanghai Masters 2019
1 : 0DRAG
|2018-12-19||13 - 19|
KeSPA Cup 2018
0 : 2SB
Return of the Legends 2018
2 - 3West
EM 2018 Spring Main Event
3 : 0IHG
LSPL 2017 Summer
10 - 12RR
LSPL 2017 Spring Playoffs
2 : 3DAN
LSPL 2017 Spring
14 - 8RR
|2016-11-13||5 - 8|
Demacia Cup 2016
0 : 3SS
LPL 2017 Spring Promotion
0 : 3Newbee
LSPL 2016 Summer Playoffs
0 : 3YM
- August 22, [롤플레이어]마스터이로1900점 찍은 CJ 최인석, “마이 버프 좀…” with , and on Fomos.kr
- March 16, KT Rolster B talks about playing Curse and their time in the USA (video) with , and on GameSpot
- March 18, KT Rolster B Insec Interview (video) with , and on GameSpot
- August 20, inSec & KaKAO: Champions of Korea (video) with , and on MachinimaVS
- September 18, LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - InSec & Zero & Susie (video) with , and on OGN Global
- September 19, InSec Interview (Video) with , and on onGamers
- June 19, Life in the Top Lane: inSec and DanDy by , and on LoL Esports
- March 31, InSec joins Origen by Alexander Hugo on The Shotcaller
- March 7, InSec, the Original Lee Sin Master, Says Farewell with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Yeonjae "Arra" Shin, Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek, and Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo on Inven Global
SHR inSec at 2014 Season World Championship
The following pages redirect here.
- inSec hospitalized after breaking his leg www.thescoreesports.com