|Country of Birth||Germany|
|Soloqueue IDs||1813424 (EUW) / Rmdx (EUW)|
|Social Media & Links|
Dennis "InternetHulk" Hawelka was previously the coach for Team Liquid. He passed away in November 2017.
InternetHulk initially transitioned to League of Legends after being a Grandmaster in StarCraft II and Rank 1 World of WarCraft in Season 2, but only started playing more often 2 months before the end of Season 3. In January of Season 4, he became the very first player worldwide to achieve Challenger, doing so while primarily playing as jungler. Even after transitioning to Overwatch, he finished at Diamond level in Season 5.
In 2015, InternetHulk formed a team known as IDDQD that enjoyed a long online winning streak and went on to further success, including being signed by Team EnVyUs and later joining the Overwatch League for its inaugural season as the Dallas Fuel. Among the team's accomplishments was winning the inaugural season of Overwatch APEX, OGN's Overwatch tournament and the first premier Overwatch tournament in Korea, which was casted by DoA and MonteCristo.
InternetHulk was also credited with helping discover a number of talents, many of whom played alongside him, including Jonathan Tejedor Rua (HarryHook), Timo Kettunen (Taimou), Sebastian Widlund (Chipshajen), Christian Jonsson (Cocco) and Pongphop Rattanasangchod (Mickie).
Return to League and Death
In 2017, InternetHulk departed from EnvyUs at the end of his contract and coached Laser Kittenz, Rogue and then Team Liquid. In the later part of 2017, Team Liquid withdrew from Overwatch, but InternetHulk was appointed to coach TL's League of Legends team ahead of the 2018 Spring Split.
However, on November 8, Team Liquid announced that InternetHulk had passed away at the age of 30 after he had revealed that he had been struggling with tonsillitis that had kept him from attending BlizzCon – including the top 8 for the Overwatch World Cup. His death evoked an outpouring of emotion and tributes from the Liquid League team members he had been beginning to coach such as Matt, Goldenglue and Dardoch, others in the League scene including Meteos, Dexter and CaptainFlowers, and Overwatch players and casters who knew him.
In the wake of his passing, the Overwatch community organized and held the HulkTastic Cup, including many Overwatch pro gamers with casters as DoA, MonteCristo, Jason Kaplan, Uber, Achilios and ZP (Andrew Rush) commentating. Players, casters and viewers donated $27,800 during the event to help the Hawelka Family cover any costs resulting from Dennis' death, with the remaining money to be donated to a children's charity. The Overwatch League also announced the Dennis Hawelka Award (after InternetHulk's real name), to be awarded to the player with the most positive community impact.
- In Overwatch, he was known as a flex player whose signature heroes included Winston, Lucio, Symmetra and Zarya.
- In StarCraft II, he achieved Grandmaster as a Terran player on both the European and North American servers.
- First Challanger WORLD AMA!!! <3 im so happy!!! ( EUW ) on Reddit (/r/LeagueOfLegends)
- November 8 – Overwatch legend INTERNETHULK dies at 30 by Nicole Carpenter for Dot Esports
The following pages redirect here.
- Team Liquid's Tweet - In Loving Memory, Dennis “INTERNETHULK” Hawelka twitter.com
- Overwatch community's Twitter tributes to InternetHulk in the wake of his passing Reddit (/r/CompetitiveOverwatch)
- theScore esports Daily (Nov. 12): HulkTastic Cup raises thousands for Dennis 'INTERNETHULK' Hawelka’s family theScore esports
- In Memory of INTERNETHULK OverwatchLeague.com