Jayce - The Defender of Tomorrow
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||46.5 (+3.5)|
|Attack Speed:||0.658 (+3%)|
|Range:||125 / 500|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
Jayce - The Defender of Tomorrow is a Bruiser with the ability to switch between a ranged and melee form. His ultimate, available from level one, enables him to swap from hammer stance (melee) to cannon stance (ranged). In hammer stance, he has a jump that slows, an AoE DoT and a knockback that deals max %HP damage. In cannon stance, he has a skillshot, an attack speed buff for three attacks, and a gate that increases the movement speed of allied champions that pass through it. Jayce's kit enables him contribute to poke within a team composition and is a strong top lane bruiser in the present meta.
|Lore:||Armed with wit, charm, and his signature transforming hammer, Jayce lives to protect his native Piltover. He rose to prominence as an inventor, one whose magnetic personality and innovative creations brightened the lives of his nation's people. However, his technological marvels also attracted the attention of Piltover's enemies. Viktor, the machine-augmented scientist from Zaun, staged a deadly raid on Jayce's laboratory, barely impeded by the lab's meager security force. Viktor stole designs for an arcane power converter. Jayce feared that Viktor would create weapons of devastating power with the stolen technology. He implored the Piltover government to respond, but the officials were unwilling to support an act of aggression. Refusing to allow his own inventions to threaten the people of Piltover, Jayce decided to strike back against Viktor himself.
Jayce returned to his laboratory and began making preparations for his one-man attack. After an intense period of research, development, and hands-on testing, he emerged. He had created an array of powerful armaments, including his crowning achievement – the versatile, transforming Mercury Hammer. Armed and ready, Jayce began his assault, easily smashing aside Viktor's acolytes as they rushed to stop him. Jayce fought his way into the heart of the lab and confronted Viktor, forcing the Zaunite to flee. After destroying Viktor's prototype weapon, Jayce returned to Piltover where he was hailed as a hero. He reveled in the adoration, but he knew that his actions had provoked the nation's enemies. Now devoted to the defense of his people, Jayce is Piltover's best hope for a bright future.
| "Trust me: if we're smart, Piltover can stand strong against any threat. Hey, I'm living proof."
- Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2015 World Championship||0||1||0||1||0||1.4|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||4||3||1||2||33.3||50|
|2014 World Championship||8||11||7||4||63.6||24.4|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||2||1||1||50||13.3|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||2||4||1||3||25||46.2|
Transform on-hit effects no longer proc against wards.
Changing Mercury Cannon / Mercury Hammer’s transform bonuses to be consistent with the on-hit context above.
- WARDS AREN’T PEOPLE: Jayce’s on-hit bonus effects upon switching stances no longer proc against wards
- Full Metal Jayce’s W - Hyper Charge custom VFX have been restored.
- Fixed a bug where Forbidden Jayce's recall audio desynced from the animation when enemies lost and then regained vision of him during the channel
- Jayce Brighthammer now correctly plays the electric buzz SFX for the spawning and despawning of his E - Acceleration Gate
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
Hammer Q and R damage down. Hammer E mana cost up.
Jayce’s two forms give him more tools than most champs, and he’s meant to succeed when he uses them all in concert. Right now, however, hammer form is pulling too much weight all on its own. Its raw damage means Jayce tends to win the fights he starts, and its cheap disengage means he can politely decline any fights that find him. Hitting damage offsets last patch’s Lethality buffs by restoring some early-level breathing room for opponents, while upping E’s mana cost means Jayce only has so many “E”-ject buttons before he runs out of resources.
Hammer Q's cost reduced. Base damage and ratio increased.
- Jayce's buff from swapping to R - Mercury Cannon is no longer consumed without dealing damage when using W - Hyper Charge to attack a structure
- BASE MANA:
- MANA GROWTH STAT:
R gives its bonuses at the appropriate levels.
Transform now has 1 rank, Jayce's spells now have 6.
For the average player, putting points in R feels like a trap and was rarely satisfying, so we're adding 6 ranks to his spells and giving Jayce his bonuses from Transform when he would have gotten them for free. Below this context are a lot of numbers, but the key things to take away are that Jayce now has very different power spikes relative to other champions, and his signature Shock Blast / Acceleration Gate combo is much stronger, pushing the incentive to take him over similar choices in a dedicated poke/siege strategy.
- Q - To The Skies!
- BASE DAMAGE:
16/14/12/10/8 seconds⇒ 16/14/12/10/8/6 seconds
- BASE DAMAGE:
- Q - Shock Blast
- W - Lightning Field
- W - Hyper Charge
- DAMAGE MULTIPLIER:
13/11/9/7/5 seconds⇒ 13/11.4/9.8/8.2/6.6/5 seconds
- DAMAGE MULTIPLIER:
- E - Thundering Blow
8/11/14/17/20% of target's maximum health⇒ 8/10.4/12.8/15.2/17.6/20% of target's maximum health
14/13/12/11/10 seconds⇒ 15/14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- E - Acceleration Gate
- MOVEMENT SPEED BONUS:
30/35/40/45/50% movement speed⇒ 30/35/40/45/50/55% movement speed
- MOVEMENT SPEED BONUS:
- R - Transform
- "NEW" NATURAL TRANSFORMATION: Old level-up benefits now given at levels 6/11/16
Hyper Charge has been slightly reduced in its total attack damage scaling at later ranks.
For a guy so strong when it comes to long-range combat, it doesn't make the most sense that he should blow you up in close-quarters without the use of his hammer. Lowering Hyper Charge's late-game shenanigans should keep even the most fed Jayce's out there from getting too unfair. It's also unfair for him to be that good looking, but that's not something we can nerf."
Patch Notes 4.21
"Before this change, you could activate Hyper Charge, wait a bit, then Double Hyper Charge someone, doing 'The Most Damage In League of Legends' (maybe?). It was unintended and kind of goofy."
Patch Notes 3.09
By increasing the cooldown on Jayce's Acceleration Gate, we can keep his Shock Blast + Acceleration Gate combo impactful while toning down his poke and disengage potential. In addition, since later in the game not every Shock Blast will be accelerated, we've increased the base speed of the ability to make it better as a standalone skillshot.
- Shock Blast
- Basic missile speed increased to 1450 from 1350 (Accelerated Shock Blast missile speed remains the same)
- Acceleration Gate
- Cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Thundering Blow
- No longer deals any flat base damage. Still deals % max health damage and has a bonus attack damage ratio.
- Fixed - Stun no longer sometimes last beyond the knockback duration
Patch Notes 126.96.36.199
September 18th - World Championship Hotfix
- Thundering Blow mana cost increased to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 from 40 at all ranks
- Improved the responsiveness of his basic attacks, primarily in Hammer stance
- Fixed a bug so that the first basic attack after swapping to Mercury Cannon is now more responsive