Jinx - The Loose Cannon
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||5.0 (+0.5)|
|Attack Damage:||58.46 (+2.41)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1.0%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
|Lore:||Jinx lives to wreak havoc without a thought for consequence, leaving a trail of mayhem and panic in her wake. A manic and impulsive criminal, she despises nothing more than boredom, and gleefully unleashes her own volatile brand of pandemonium to the one place she finds dullest: Piltover. With an arsenal of deadly toys, she unleashes the brightest explosions and loudest blasts - all the better to shock and surprise the hapless authorities. Always just out of the law's reach, Jinx's favorite game is to toy with Piltover's finest - especially Vi.
Piltover had long been known as the City of Progress, a place where peace and order reigned. That serenity was challenged when a new kind of criminal arrived, the likes of whom had never been seen. This mysterious outlaw unleashed a series of warped and destructive capers that endangered the entire city, and left its people reeling from the worst crime spree in Piltover's history.
| "Oh look - I'm opening my box of care! Oh wait - it's empty!"
- Jinx, the Loose Cannon
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 World Championship||3||7||2||5||28.6||12.8|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||1||0||1||0||6.7|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||2||1||1||50||6.9|
|2014 International Wild Card Tournament||0||5||4||1||80||41.7|
|2014 Season Garena Regional Finals||0||4||3||1||75||41.7|
- Star Guardian Jinx and Poppy no longer play their initial spawn song during their first respawn
W cooldown reduced.
While Jinx’s primary damage pattern (basic attacking people for days) passes muster, we want to spice up some of the other tools in her kit. We’re giving Jinx a bit more leeway to try for more bold Zaps, whether for long-range poke or mid-combat slows.
- BUGFIX: Runaan’s Hurricane bolts now properly deal Fishbones’s bonus attack damage to their primary targets
10/9/8/7/6 seconds⇒ 8/7/6/5/4 seconds
- Star Guardian Jinx’s weapon glow VFX now follow Shiro and Kuro during all animations.
- Star Guardian Jinx’s hair no longer transitions improperly during her homeguard animation.
- Jinx's laugh no longer cuts off at the end when she gasps for air
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
E cooldown reduced at later ranks.
As champion identities have grown deeper and more distinct over time, we’ve gotten more comfortable giving marksmen a splash (or three) of utility. The rise of carries like Ashe and Jhin has given us a clearer picture of what healthy teamfight utility looks like on a marksman. And so we come to Jinx. The Loose Cannon’s damage in teamfights is on-target, but she could use a bit more late-game access to the safety and/or lockdown Flame Chompers provide. Bumping up Jinx’s utility should help bring her back into the loop.
24/22/20/18/16 seconds⇒ 24/20.5/17/13.5/10 seconds
- Jinx can no longer queue up Q - Switcheroo! during the cast time of R - Super Mega Death Rocket! This addresses a bug that sometimes caused the rocket to appear further ahead to enemies than it was.
- Star Guardian Jinx's corpse no longer gets stuck in a "T-pose" if she dued while casting Q - Switcheroo!
E mana cost up and damage down.
We’ve toned down many of Jinx’s strongest lane opponents over the past few patches, leaving her with room to rocket back into botlane prominence. Unlike more complex projects (*cough* Kog’Maw *cough*), Jinx is simply scaling up a bit too quickly. Though the patch note here says “Flame Chompers,” it’s actually more about Jinx’s rockets. If she wants to keep feeding mana to Fishbones, she’ll need to be more careful about how often she drops her traps.
- E - Flame Chompers!
- BASE DAMAGE:
50 mana at all ranks⇒ 70 mana at all ranks
- BASE DAMAGE:
- MOUTHGUARDS: Enemies now only take damage from one Flame Chomper per cast, even if they’re hit by multiple explosions
Rocket attacks faster at level 1, but scales worse with attack speed.
Our last round of changes to Switcheroo were targeted at differentiating Jinx’s weapons to make it clear when each should be useful. Pow-Pow’s minigun is for hyper-carry damage output at short range, while Fishbones’ rocket launcher is for poking and area damage at the cost of a significant amount of DPS uptime. We’re happy with how that’s played out, save one unintended goal: the usability of Jinxs’ level 1 rockets suffered immensely. Seeing how our previous change was about making rockets scale worse with items, we’re improving the feel and flow of Jinx’s trusty Fishbones for all of her destructive lane-bullying needs.
- FISHBONES BASE ATTACK SPEED:
- FISHBONES ATTACK SPEED PENALTY: 15% reduced bonus attack speed: ⇒ 25% reduced bonus attack speed
- Firecracker Jinx’s Q- Fishbones explosions have been cleaned up and have less smoke effects
- Passive - Get Excited!
- TONE IT DOWN A BIT: Fixed a bug where Jinx was getting more than one passive stack after killing an inhibitor
- Q - Switcheroo!
- FREELOADER: Fixed a bug where Jinx was able to cast rockets for free when out of mana
- LAZYBONES: Fixed a bug where Jinx was receiving less attack speed than intended from Get Excited! when using Fishbones, the Rocket Launcher
- NO TAKEBACKS: Switcheroo! can no longer be cast while disabled
Rockets root Jinx for less
Increasing Jinx’s attack frame when using Fishbones had the unintended side-effect of rooting her for longer than attacking in mini-gun, so we’re bringing it in line to make it feel like it did pre-preseason. Her attack speed is still slowed, mind you, but you’ll regain control of your movement much sooner.
- FISHBONES CAST TIME:
- PROC YOU LIKE A HURRICANE: Fixed a bug where Runaan’s Hurricane bolts couldn’t crit while using rockets
- DEATH MACHINE FOR LIFE: Hurricane bolts are now mini-rockets while using Fishbones!
Passive's attack speed now stacks on multikills, but Rockets lose attack speed.
As you'll notice with many of our markspeople changes this patch, we're focused on pushing each one's unique identity to help them stand out from one another. In Jinx's case, her thing is getting excited and snowballing teamfights, so we're really letting her crank it up to 11 (provided she can make the plays to get there).
- GETTING OUT OF HAND!: Getting excited now stacks, increasing Jinx's total attack speed by 15% per stack
4 seconds⇒ 6 seconds
- STUPID ROCKET LAUNCHER: Jinx loses 15% total attack speed while using Fishbones, the Rocket Launcher
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE:
- ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT:
- Mafia Jinx's phonograph once again plays music during her dance animation
Patch Notes 5.10
"In terms of objective power shifts, this reduces some of Jinx's early game strength and trades it for a bit more lategame power. Philosophically we want to continue highlighting Jinx's late, late game potential, but we were also seeing her start to crush turrets early on once she got a snowball rolling. You might call a change like this a power curve Switcheroo! but then we'd have to hit you for trying too hard."
Patch Notes 5.8
Super Mega Death Rocket's close-range damage has been severely reduced. "Jinx nerfs? EVERYBODY PANIC! Jinx is a champion that plays the game fast and loose, manipulating her range and using her toolbox of diverse (and colorful) explosions to control the battlefield. The only real way to stop this swiss-army-machine-gun was to get in her face, at which point she'd Super Mega Execute You At Close Range and gleefully skip away. It's worth highlighting that Super Mega Death Rocket still has that execute, which means Jinx can continue to get those mid to long range snipes but will just need to be more strategic about it, rather than just shotgunning it into the nearest baddie."
Patch Notes 4.21
Rules are made to be broken. Like buildings. BUT NOT CLARITY. NEVER CLARITY. "Recent updates to the way buff icons are shown have made telling what weapon Jinx is using a little chaotic (and not the kind she prefers). We've changed it so Switcheroo's icon is always the gun you're currently using, and added a flashy-toggle swirl to show you're spending mana while using Fishbones."
- Q - Switcheroo!
- SPELL ICON: Switcheroo!'s spell icon displays
the gun Jinx will switch to⇒ the gun Jinx is currently using
- TOGGLE SWIRLS!!!: When using Rockets, the ability icon will flash (like Ashe's Q) to show that Jinx is now in "mana spending mode"
- SPELL ICON: Switcheroo!'s spell icon displays
"We are all very excited about this change. Extremely."
Patch Notes 4.1
Summary: We’ve lowered Jinx’s base health but increased her health per level. We’re also standardizing Flame Chompers! arm time, reduced its damage at earlier levels and fixing a slight bug. Given all of Jinx’s other core strengths; we’re looking to reduce some of her early game laning power. Despite Flame Chompers! taking a little longer to arm – and doing less damage at early levels – Jinx can at least get excited about their increased reliability against champions who could use movement-based abilities to get over them (Vi, Lee Sin, etc).
- Base health reduced to 462 (from 500)
- Health per level increased to 82 (from 80)
Patch Notes 3.13
Summary: Switcheroo!’s Minigun attack speed bonus has been reduced at early ranks. Zap!’s base damage has been reduced at early ranks and its mana cost has been slightly increased. Zap! also no longer reveals stealthed units. Context: We feel that while Jinx's kit has a lot of built-in weakness in the mid and late game, her early lane dominance is so overwhelming that it distorts her overall power across the entire game. The goal here is to address Jinx’s early damage potential while trying to minimize effects on her late game.
- Switcheroo! - Minigun
- Total Attack Speed bonus reduced to 30/55/80/105/130% (from 50/70/90/110/130%)
- Base damage reduced to 10/60/110/160/210 (from 30/75/120/165/210)
- Mana cost increased to 50/60/70/80/90 (from 45/55/65/75/85)
- No longer reveals stealthed units