The LEC 2020 Season awards Championship Points towards qualification for the World Championship.
|This page speculates on upcoming league or tournament structure based on previous formats. It should not be treated as definitive information.
- The winner of the LEC 2020 Summer Playoffs automatically qualifies (AQ) for the Worlds 2020 Main Event as Europe's 1st seed.
- Europe's 2nd and 3rd seeds will be determined at the LEC 2020 Regional Finals:
- Top 4 teams in Championship Points (minus teams already qualified for Worlds 2020) participate in the Regional Finals.
- Regional Finals consist of a King of the Hill single elimination bracket with seeding based on Championship Points.
- The team winning the finals qualifies for the Worlds 2020 Main Event as Europe's 2nd seed.
- The team losing the finals qualifies for the Worlds 2020 Play-In as Europe's 3rd seed.
- As the top team in Championship Points is seeded into finals of the Regional Finals, that team has secured qualification for Worlds and is guaranteed 3rd seed at minimum.
Championship Points Tiebreaker
In the event that multiple teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the Summer Split, then the team that gained the most points in the Summer Split will be considered the holder of the tiebreaker. In the event that two teams are tied at the 5th-6th position for the Summer Split, then Summer Split regular season win loss record will be the first tiebreaker. If both teams are tied in the Summer Split regular season, then head to head will be used to determine the tiebreaker. Summer Split regular season head to head will include any tiebreaker games needed to determine position.