- The 1st place team of the Summer Split will automatically qualify (AQ) for the Worlds Main Event as the first seed.
- The team that has accrued the most championship points throughout the 2016 Season (and wasn't automatically qualified) will also qualify for the Worlds Main Event as the second seed.
- The third seed will be determined at the Regional Finals.
- 3rd to 6th ranked (with AQ included as the 1st team) teams in LPL Championship Points will qualify for Regional.
- The regional qualifier is a single elimination bracket with seeding based on Championship Points.
Championship Points Tiebreaker
In the event that multiple teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the Summer Split, then the team that gained the most points in the Summer Split will be considered the holder of the tiebreaker.