The LPL 2020 Season awards Championship Points towards qualification for the World Championship.
|This page speculates on upcoming league or tournament structure based on previous formats. It should not be treated as definitive information.
- The 1st place team of the Summer Split will automatically qualify (AQ) for the Worlds Main Event as the first seed.
- The team that has accrued the most championship points throughout the 2020 Season (and wasn't automatically qualified) will also qualify for the Worlds Main Event as the second seed.
- The third seed, determined at the Regional Finals, will also qualify for the Worlds Main Event.
- 3rd to 5th ranked teams (with AQ included as the 1st team) in total championship points will qualify for the Regional Finals.
- The regional qualifier is a single elimination King of the Hill bracket with seeding based on Championship Points.
Championship Points Tiebreaker
In the event that multiple teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the Summer Split, then the team that gained the most points in the Summer Split will be considered the holder of the tiebreaker. If teams remain tied, a Bo3 is played between teams in question.
- 1 On March 3rd, the amount of Championship Points granted for finishing 1st to 4th in Spring was reduced from 90 to 60, 70 to 40, 50 to 30, and 30 to 20 respectively. This is most likely due to the Coronavirus outbreak, which forced the league to be played online and have a very tight schedule.