|Player has retired.|
|Country of Birth|
|Social Media & Links|
Luis "Lapaka" Perez is a retired League of Legends esports player, previously jungler for Team Curse.
|unRestricted eSports||≈Jun 2011≈2011-06-??||Aug 20112011-08-25||≈2mo 24d|
|Team Curse||Aug 20112011-08-25||Oct 20112011-10-19||1mo 25d|
|UNR||June (approx.), |
|UNR||August 25, unRestricted transfers its roster to Team Curse. |
|CRS||August 25, Team Curse acquires the roster of unRestricted. |
|CRS||October 19, |
Lapaka's competitive League of Legends career began in late 2010, when he formed a team with DontMashMe called Team NICE!. The team disbanded shortly afterwards, and Lapaka was offered to join DontMashMe's new team, Team XXX.
Within a few weeks, Lapaka's team was picked up by gaming organization unRestricted in early 2011, where under their new team name they were able to find success and gain solid placings in several online tournaments. On August 25, 2011, unRestricted's League of Legends team was signed by gaming organization Curse. Lapaka was able to find moderate success in his new team, placing 5th-8th at IGN Proleague Season 3 - Atlantic City, 5th-6th at IEM Season VI - Global Challenge New York, and having several other notable tournament placings under Curse Gaming. Despite a promising start with Curse Gaming, Lapaka decided to leave Curse on October 19, 2011. For a short time, Lapaka was involved with Absolute Legends NA, but parted ways with them not long after.
During 2012, Lapaka was invited to participate in the IGN ProLeague SXSW All-Stars 2012 on the East team, playing as their jungler, where they were able to defeat the West Coast team 2-0.
- Known for his
Warwick in Season 1.
- Often believed to be of African American descent by the League of Legends community, Lapaka is actually from the Dominican Republic.
- He has a very strong relationship with Counter Logic Gaming and has subbed for them in the past.
- As an avid listener of reggeaton and Spanish rap, "Lapaka" was a frequently used word in the songs of those two genres which meant "packs of money". Luis decided upon his name as he was fond of the meaning and also due to the fact that the shortened form of both his real name, Luis Perez, and gaming name, Lapaka, is LP.
- Luis is known for being one of the taller league players at 6'4".
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- August 28, 2011 - Interview with Lapaka at MLG with Team SoloMid
- March 13, 2012 - East vs West Award Ceremony - IPL at SXSW with IGN Pro League
The following pages redirect here: