|Country of Birth:||United States|
|Birthday:||June 15, 1989|
|Soloqueue IDs:||C9 BananaNation, C9 HyperX Dora, C9 LemonNation, C9 Lemon, Nom Nom Lemon, Quantic Lemon NT, oRb LemonNation, ShawnOfTheDead, 넌나한태오빠야 (KR)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Daerek was raised in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, where he grew up playing video games.
As he progressed in League of Legends, he became known in the high elo ladder for being an only support player, particularly for playing only Janna for a long period of time. He eventually reached rank 1 in solo queue in Season 2 only playing support. It was during this time that he was invited to join the team HOODSTOMPGRAVESGG, whose roster consisted of Hoodstomp, LiNk, YoDa, and Vech. Soon after their formation, the team was picked up by the Orbit Gaming organization in April 2012. Although LemonNation and his team went through roster shortly after joining the organization, they still managed to earn themselves a strong reputation by consistently placing high in tournaments they entered.
In November 2012, LemonNation and his teammates decided to leave the organization. Having become a well-known team by this point, they were acquired by Quantic Gaming. However, the team's play under this organization was short-lived, as they soon left the brand. The players went on to compete under the name Team NomNom, which later became Cloud 9.
Still playing support in January 2013, Daerek's team came close to qualifying for the first season of Riot's new professional league, Riot Season 3 NA Championship Series, but were unsuccessful in the end. Adding new players to the roster after others had left, LemonNation and company were once again picked up by the revamped Quantic Gaming. This new team was considered one of the top amateur teams in the competitive scene, winning the 2013 MLG Winter Championship Summer Promotion Qualifier. Afterwards, the Quantic team achieved what they had previously failed at and earned a spot at the Season 3 LCS Summer Promotion, beating compLexity Gaming and therefore becoming a new team in the LCS for the summer split. In May 2013, Lemon and the team decided to part ways with the organization and reform to play under their old name, Cloud 9.
Under their new organization, LemonNation and his team went on to have an incredibly strong performance in the LCS Season 3 Summer Split, ending the regular season with a 25-3 record and eventually defeating TSM 3-0 in the playoff finals. This would be the start of Cloud 9's domination in the LCS for the next two splits, as well as their rivalry with TSM.
Due to their IEM San Jose victory, Cloud9 qualified for IEM Katowice in March. There, they lost their only two games, first to GE Tigers and then to yoe Flash Wolves, and finished in 7th/8th place. Domestically, they underperformed at the start of the season, and were in 8th place at the end of the second week of the LCS Season 5 Spring Split. However, they managed to improve over the course of the season, ending with a second-place finish behind Team SoloMid and a playoff bye. After beating Team Liquid 3-2 in the semifinals, Cloud9 lost to TSM 1-3 in the finals and finished the split in second place.
Cloud9 replaced mid laner Hai with Incarnati0n at the start of the Summer Split due to Hai's retirement. They performed poorly for the first five weeks of the split and replaced Meteos with Hai going into the sixth week. With Hai back on the team, Cloud9's record improved from 3-7 to 6-12 by the end of the split, and they finished in 7th place after a tie-breaker victory against Team 8, narrowly avoiding relegations and retaining their Championship Points, though they did not qualify for playoffs. In the Regional Finals Gauntlet, Cloud9 reverse-swept both Gravity Gaming and Team Impulse before beating Team Liquid 3-1 in the finals. Their fourteen games played over the course of three days gave them North America's third seed to the 2015 Season World Championship, Cloud9's third consecutive Worlds appearance. LemonNation was criticized for his continuing picks of Karma, which he played four times during the gauntlet and lost with three times.
Considered an underdog at Worlds, Cloud9 were placed into Group B along with Fnatic, ahq, and Invictus Gaming and expected to place last. Instead, they surprised with an undefeated 3-0 in the first week. In the second week, Cloud9 needed only one win to advance to the quarterfinals but were unable to find it, losing four games in a row, including a tiebreaker loss to ahq. They placed third in their group, ahead of only Invictus Gaming.
LemonNation had stated on Reddit in early July that he intended to retire after Worlds, and in October, Cloud9 officially announced his retirement, adding that they were holding open tryouts for both the jungle and support positions, with Hai to play the unfilled role. However he later came out of retirement and joined Cloud9 Challenger in April of 2017. The team was very dominant in the 2017 NA CS Summer Season and finished 1st in the regular split. They won the playoffs with a 3-2 win over Team Liquid Academy. In the Summer Promotion Tournament, C9C defeated NRG Esports 3-0 and qualified for the NA LCS.
In January of 2017, Cloud9 Challenger was purchased and re-branded into FlyQuest. Although the team was expected to flop, they were dominant in the early stages of the Spring Split. Although they fell off later on, they still finished 5th with a 9-9 record. In the playoffs they defeated Counter Logic Gaming with a 3-2 reverse sweep. In the semifinals they lost 0-3 to Team SoloMid and later on lost the third place match 2-3 too Phoenix1, placing 4th overall. The Summer Season was much harder for FlyQuest as the competition within the region increased. They finished 7th in the regular season and barely retained their Championship Points. This would let them participate in the 2017 Season North America Regional Finals and although they defeated Team Dignitas 3-0 in the first round, they lost 1-3 to CLG in the second round which ended their season. LemonNation left FlyQuest in November and in December he would join the newly formed OpTic Gaming.
- Achieved rank 1 in solo queue at the end of Season 2 and in Season 3 playing only support.
- Only played Janna in solo queue for a large span of time.
- His name is derived from his middle name, Lemon.
- Favorite support is Blitzcrank, least favorite support is Sona.
- Enjoys Magic: The Gathering.
- Has a Master's Degree in Software Engineering from University of St. Thomas.
- Pioneered AP Janna support.
- Looks up to Edward.
- Played the first support Nasus in a competitive match.
- League of Legends was his first MOBA game.
- He created his first account, ShawnOfTheDead, on the 1st of January, 2010.
- Lemon's teammates claim he has a bad PR (Public Relations) filter, he has said things that could be considered inappropriate such as his suicide comment on the LCS stream.
- His Twitter is @Lemonnnation because he forgot the password of his first account, @Lemonnation.
- His sister's middle name is Lime.
- He is Jewish.
- At one point, he stated that he never uses skins for his champions. He did, however, use the "Exiled Morgana" skin against yoe Flash Wolves in Round 2 of Group A at IEM World Championship Katowice 2015 on March 13th 2015.
|2015-08-31||2015 Season North America Regional Finals||Cloud9 3 : 1 Team Liquid|
|2015-04-19||2015 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||Cloud9 1 : 3 Team SoloMid|
|2014-12-07||IEM Season IX - San Jose||Cloud9 3 : 0 Unicorns Of Love|
|2014-09-01||2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||Cloud9 2 : 3 Team SoloMid|
|2014-05-11||All-Star Paris 2014||Cloud9 0 : 2 Oh My God|
|2014-04-20||2014 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||Cloud9 3 : 0 Team SoloMid|
|2014-03-15||IEM Season VIII - World Championship||Cloud9 1 : 2 Fnatic|
|2013-09-02||LCS North America Season 3 Summer Playoffs||Cloud9 3 : 0 Team SoloMid|
|2013-05-11||Season 3 LCS Summer Promotion||Quantic Gaming 3 : 0 compLexity Gaming|
|2013-03-17||2013 MLG Winter Championship||Cloud9 2 : 0 Velocity eSports|
|2013-02-13||Rising Stars Invitational #5||Cloud9 2 : 0 Team TowerDiveTV|
|2013-02-06||Rising Stars Invitational #4||Cloud9 2 : 0 Team Dignitas|
|2013-01-18||Rising Stars Invitational #1||Cloud9 2 : 0 Dirt Nap Gaming|
|2013-01-06||Solomid NA Invitational 12||Team NomNom 0 : 2 Team Curse|
|2012-12-16||SoloMid Series - Finals||Team NomNom 1 : 3 Team Curse|
|2012-11-18||SoloMid Series - Week 4||Quantic Gaming 0 : 2 Team FeaR|
|2012-11-11||Lone Star Clash 2||Reddit Nation 0 : 2 Team Curse|
|2012-10-28||SoloMid Series - Week 2||Orbit Gaming 0 : 2 Team SoloMid|
|2012-10-21||SoloMid Series - Week 1||Orbit Gaming 1 : 2 Team SoloMid|
|2012-09-30||SoloMid NA Invitational 11||Orbit Gaming 2 : 0 Monomaniac Ferus|
|2012-08-26||2012 MLG Summer Championship||Orbit Gaming 1 : 2 Team Dynamic|
|2012-08-19||SoloMid NA Invitational 7||Orbit Gaming 0 : 2 Team SoloMid|
|2012-07-08||SoloMid NA Invitational 4||Orbit Gaming 2 : 1 mTw North America|
|2012-07-01||Leaguepedia NA Invitational||Orbit Gaming 2 : 0 Team Dynamic|
|2012-06-24||Solomid NA Invitational 2||Orbit Gaming 1 : 2 Team Curse|
- January 23rd, LemonNation on his decision to return to LCS and why he wants 10 bans on the live server with Yahoo!
- February 12th, LemonNation talks player personalities, team dynamics on FLY & C9, and what he misses most about C9 with Blitz Esports
- March 6th, Sneaky interviews Lemon after their match as former Cloud9 teammates reunite on the mic with Yahoo! Esports
- April 17th, LemonNation on FlyQuest infrastructure: ‘We’ve been catching up to the other organizations’ with Yahoo! Esports
- June 12th, LemonNation on Riot Games starting the players union: “There’s just no way that the players by themselves would do it. I think most of the players are too lazy and just too focused on other things.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 19th, Lemon on FlyQuest: 'I think there's a lot of issues that stack together to make us underperform' with Travis Gafford
- February 9th, Lemonnation Hopes to Exploit IMT's "Shit on Lane, Win Game" Playstyle This Week with G|League
- March 20th, C9 LemonNation - We have to prove that we're better with Yahoo
- August 28th, An Interview with LemonNation with GAMURS
- February 8th, Doublelift: LemonNation: "CLG has a tendency to get cocky and then lose and then get better again" (video) with onGamers
- March 15th, LemonNation: "We still have issues we are trying to fix" (video) with fragbite
- March 21st, LemonNation Explains Why He Is "Not A Big Fan" Of Urgot Mid (video) with onGamers
- June 3rd, C9 LemonNation: "Meteos is now the shotcaller" with TeamLiquid
- June 17th, Lemonnation Talks C9 Shot Calling Issues and Their Poor Start with GameSpot
- October 1st, Cloud9's LemonNation on Veigar and facing ahq with theScore
- October 1st, Lemon and Sneaky Talk to Travis about Korea and Lemon's Plans to Retire this Year with Gamespot
- October 5th, LemonNation: Chinese team drafts 'have been god awful,' but expect that to change in the next round with The Daily Dot
- May 1st, All-Stars Bound with Cloud 9
- May 9th, C9's Sneaky and LemonNation detail the OMG game and adjusting to LiNk (video) with onGamers
- May 13th, C9 LemonNation - AMA post All-Stars! with Reddit
- August 30th, League of Legends NA Regionals: Interview with Cloud 9's LemonNation After Defeating Curse 3-0 (video) with Esports Max
- October 4th, LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - LemonNation (C9 Support) (video) with OGN Global
- December 10th, IEM San Jose: Balls and LemonNation after C9 victory (video) with SK Gaming
- May 14th, League of Legends: LCS Report with ZAM
- March 14th, Hello, I'm c9 LemonNation I play only SUPPORT and am currently RANK 1 NA. I'm also going to be at MLG Dallas this weekend, AMA with Reddit
- March 17th, LemonNation talks playing on the Mainstage for the first time (video) with GameSpot
- May 11th, QTC vs coL Interview - LCS 2013 NA Summer Promo D2 with LoLEsports
- June 14th, LemonNation talks about Cloud 9's run so far at the LCS(video) with GameSpot
- June 21st, A sit down with Cloud 9 Lemonnation with Team Dignitas
- June 29th, Sneaky talks Day 1 at MLG and has Special Guests Join (video) with GameSpot
- July 1st, C9 HyperX LemonNation, AMA with Reddit
- July 4th, LemonNation and Wildturtle talk about the Past and the Present (video) with GameSpot
- July 26th, LemonNation talks about being 10-0, Champ select during TSM match, & more LCS [LCS SS WK 7 (video)] with MachinimaVS
- August 15th, FlyQuest Features - Support Morgana ft. Lemonnation by FlyQuest Sports
- August 17th, FlyQuest Features - Maintaining a Perfect Beard ft. Lemonnation by FlyQuest Sports
- Lemonnation with lolesports
C9 LemonNation 2014 Season World Championship
- Cloud9 and Unicorns of Love confirmed, get your tickets now! en.intelextrememasters.com
- lemination's reddit comment reddit.com
- Cloud9 LCS Announces Support/Jungler Tryouts cloud9.gg
- The pros and their skins youtube.com