We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Leona - The Radiant Dawn
|HP Regen:||8.425 (+0.85)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||60.04 (+3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+2.9%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
Leona, The Radiant Dawn is a tanky initiator mostly played as a support in the bot lane. She has a strong ability to set up kills with her wealth of crowd control effects and her passive, which creates a seal capable of being activated for extra on-hit damage. Leona is excellent at starting fights with both her Zenith Blade and Solar Flare. She also becomes relatively tanky without many items due to Eclipse, which grants a massive armor and magic resistance buff.
|Lore:||Imbued with the fire of the sun, Leona is a warrior templar of the Solari who defends Mount Targon with her Zenith Blade and Shield of Daybreak. Her skin shimmers with starfire while her eyes burn with the power of the celestial Aspect within her. Armored in gold and bearing a terrible burden of ancient knowledge, Leona brings enlightenment to some, death to others.
To live in the lands surrounding the towering peak of Mount Targon is to embrace a life of hardship. That many willingly do so is testament to the power of the human spirit to endure anything in search of meaning and higher purpose. As harsh as the rugged foothills of the mountain’s base are, it is nothing compared to the hardships borne by those who dwell on the mountain itself.
| “If you would shine like a sun, first you must burn like one.”
- Leona, the Radiant Dawn
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||0||2||0||2||0||10.5|
|2014 World Championship||0||3||1||2||33.3||3.8|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||3||2||1||66.7||20|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.4|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||2||0||2||0||15.4|
Passive mark expires faster but deals more damage when proc’d. Q cooldown decreased at early ranks, increased at rank 5.
While Leona’s always been a powerhouse in regular play, she’s historically struggled to leave a dent at the top of League’s ladder. Our goal this patch is to give Leona power that plays best in the hands of more skilled players. Sunlight’s contributions are up for synchronized duos who proc it as it’s applied, but those procs are now less of a given if Leona and her carry aren’t acting in lock-step. Shield of Daybreak’s cooldown adjustment gives Leona more ways to help her team in early skirmishes where she’s otherwise left flailing her sword for ages after initiating the fight.
- MARK DURATION:
3.5 seconds⇒ 1.5 seconds
20-105 (at levels 1-18)⇒ 25-144 (at levels 1-18)
9/8/7/6/5 seconds⇒ 6 seconds
- Fixed a bug where Leona’s model didn’t fade away during her death animation for her base and a few of her skins
- Pool Party Leona now properly faces the camera during her recall animation when she has the Hand of Baron buff
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug preventing Leona from Flashing during Zenith Blade’s cast time
Praise the sunlight.
We recently gave Leona more ways to apply her passive, but it’s often unclear to Leona players just how much damage Sunlight contributes to a fight. With a bit more clarity, Leona will better perceive the impact she’s having.
- SUNLIT CLARITY: Now displays the damage text to Leona when her allies proc Sunlight
Q cooldown reduced. E root duration up. R damage down. New passive on R.
When we think of Leona, two things come to mind: the sun and crowd control. Leona’s success is predicated on landing her CC so her teammates can light up enemy champions. But what does Leona do after locking the enemy team down? Right now, the answer is “not much.”
Adding to her woes, Leona is eclipsed at higher levels of play by other tanks who offer value throughout a teamfight, not just at the beginning (your Braums, your Alistars). Leona’s lockdown may be strong enough at lower skill levels to lead teammates to victory, but higher-skilled opponents are much better at punishing Leona (and her team) while her abilities are on cooldown. Capitalizing on moments of vulnerability is really just the correct way to play League of Legends, but with how quickly Leona expends her payload, this punishment is all too frequent. To fix this, we’re ushering in A New Dawn for Leona, giving her more to do throughout teamfights via Solar Flare’s new passive. In addition, changes to Q and E mean that foes will have a harder time finding the shade when Leona comes for them.(Quick closing note, the Shield of Daybreak range and Zenith Blade root duration buffs accidentally shipped last patch. Sorry, not-Leonas!)
20-140 (at levels 1-18)? 20-105 (at levels 1-18)
11/10/9/8/7 seconds? 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
- BONUS RANGE:
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Shield of Daybreak’s stun was lasting longer than intended. The stun duration and tooltip now actually match (1 second, not 1.25 seconds).
- ROOT DURATION:
0.25? 0.5 seconds
- SOULSTOKE: After using Solar Flare, Leona gains Incandescence for 5 seconds. During that time, Leona’s next 3/4/5 basic attacks gain +100 range, deal 30/40/50 (+0.15 ability power) bonus magic damage, and apply Sunlight.
- Corrected Leona’s Q - Shield of Daybreak tooltip to indicate the stun lasts 1 second, not 1.25 seconds (actual stun duration unchanged)
- Fixed a bug where Leona's E - Zenith Blade still rooted a target mid-dash even if they spell shielded the ability
- ARMOR GROWTH:
- Leona's autoattack particle has been removed from various champions who do not worship the sun
Patch Notes 5.10
Non-fat Zenith Blades.
"Skinny Zenith Blade. Leona's actually been climbing the power rankings for a little while, so we're applying a light touch here. Zenith Blade's actually got a super wide hitbox that nobody notices (it was close to Sona's Crescendo width!), so we're just matching up those visuals."
Patch Notes 4.5
"The correct play against Leona in lane is to poke her down to make her engages riskier, but her high defensive stats and health regen were mitigating this a little too much. By reducing the bonus armor/magic resistance on Eclipse, Leona's a slightly more viable in-combat target. Plus, if she doesn't get a kill, that combat damage will stick harder."
Context: We believe Leona has the tools to provide consistent disruption in team fights, but we wanted to bolster her survivability and let her evolve into a full tank as the game progresses.
- W - Eclipse
- Changed base bonus Armor / Magic Resistance to 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 (from 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70)
- Eclipse gains Armor equal to 20% of Leona's bonus armor
- Eclipse gains Magic Resistance equal to 20% of Leona's bonus magic resistance
- Solar Flare
- Mana cost reduced to 100 (from 100/150/200)
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Fixed - Shield of Daybreak's cooldown now matches its tooltip (11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 seconds)
- Updated tooltips
- Now gains 1.25 Magic Resist per level
- Sunlight now has a new particle
- Zenith Blade hit box increased slightly to match the animation
- Fixed a bug where Sunlight could occasionally cause double kills against targets like Kog'maw (Icathian Surprise)
- Fixed a bug where Leona's passive and the Dominion center Sigil could cause an immediate double kill against Karthus
- Shield of Daybreak cooldown reduced to 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 seconds from 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8
- Zenith Blade
- Mana cost reduced to 60 at all ranks from 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80
- Particle adjusted to more accurately reflect the area of effect (actual area of effect unchanged)
- Leona will now attempt to attack the target if she uses Zenith Blade to jump to a target
- Solar Flare cooldown reduced to 90 / 75 / 60 seconds from 105 / 90 / 75
- Fixed a bug where Eclipse would break enemy spell shields on activation