Passive max HP burn increased. AP decreased.
Liandry’s has a pretty clear purpose—build it when you have damage over time and CC in your kit, or when the enemy has a really tanky team. While it has a solid set of core users who meet the first condition, it could do a better job of dealing with multiple tanks. We’re adding more max HP burn to address this while reducing its AP to limit burst power slightly.
ABILITY POWER :  ⇒ 75
DOT AGAINST NON IMPAIRED TARGETS : [1%] ⇒ 1.5% Max HP per second
DOT AGAINST IMPAIRED TARGETS : [2%] ⇒ 2.5% Max HP per second
Liandry's Torment was a bit of a contradiction: The percent health damage made it decent against tanks, while the flat magic penetration made it decent against squishy targets. As a result, it either didn't do either job exceptionally, or it ended up overtuned, and doing both jobs too well. We're shifting Liandry's Torment into being the tank bleeding item, and rewarding champions who want to stay in combat for a while, casting spell after spell on the beefy boys.
UNIQUE PASSIVE No longer grants Eyes of Pain: +15 flat magic penetration
UNIQUE PASSIVE Madness: Damaging champions increases the damage you deal by 2% per second until exiting combat (up to 10%)
UNIQUE PASSIVE Torment: [2% target's current] ⇒ 1% of the target’s maximum health per second
Liandry’s Torment is a natural pairing for Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, and many of its purchasers care primarily about that two-item power spike. Combined with the changes to Rylai’s, we are less concerned with RyLiandry’s being abused by non-core users, and thus can afford to let those core users hit their spike earlier.
BUILD PATH : [Amplifying Tome + Ruby Crystal + 765 gold] ⇒ Amplifying Tome + Ruby Crystal + 665 gold
TOTAL COST :  ⇒ 1500 gold
TOTAL COST :  ⇒ 3100 gold
TOTAL cost : [3000 gold] ⇒ 3200 gold
BUILD path : Haunting Guise + Blasting Wand + 750 gold
Cost increased. Recipe now includes a Blasting Wand over Amp Tome. Ability power increased.
- "While Liandry's was initially marketed as a high-health / low magic resistance shredder, its low ability power frequently held back a lot of mages. Pushing the power of Liandry's to be a more competitive purchase might see a resurgence in proc-focused mages. Excitement! "
- TOTAL COST :
2900 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
- RECIPE :
Haunting Guise + Amplifying Tome + 980 gold ⇒ Haunting Guise + Blasting Wand + 650 gold
- ABILITY POWER :
50 ⇒ 80
- Ability power reduced to 50 from 60
- Damage per second increased to 2% from 1.66%
- Damage-over-time and multi-target spells no longer have reduced effect
- Fixed damage effect not being properly reapplied on targets that already have it
- Health increased to 300 from 200
- Ability power reduced to 60 from 70
Liandry's Torment added
- +70 Ability Power
- +200 Health
- Unique Passive - Eyes of Pain: +15 Magic Penetration
- Unqiue Passive: Dealing spell damage bruns enemies for 5% of their current health as magic damage over 3 seconds. If their movement is impaired, they take double damage from this effect. (Half duration for multi-target or periodic effects, 300 max vs. monsters)
- Cost: 2,900 (980)
- Builds from Haunting Guise and Amplifying Tome