|Country of Birth||Canada|
|Birthday||September 30, 1997 (age 22)|
|Soloqueue IDs||Licorice (NA),|
BOOST 4 NUDES (NA),
|Social Media & Links|
Licorice spent some time on a few different teams in the Challenger Series of North America. He was a substitute on Cloud9 Challenger for a while. He wouldn't find major success until he joined eUnited in December of 2016. The team dominated the NA Challenger Series in 2016. In both the Spring Season and Summer Season the team would finish in 1st place, barely dropping any matches. However in each of their playoffs runs, they would finish second place after 1-3 losses to Gold Coin United. Although they had a chance to qualify for the LCS in the 2017 Summer Promotion, they would lose 1-3 to Team EnVyUs and failed to do so. Their second chance came in the 2018 Spring Promotion but they were again unable to do so after an 0-3 loss to Phoenix1. In November of 2017 Licorice left eUnited and joined Cloud9 as their new Top Laner.
For the 2018 Season, Cloud9 added Licorice and Svenskeren to their LCS Roster. Things went well in the beginning of 2018 Spring Season for C9. They were in second place for most of the season, however, on the final day of LCS, C9 fell to fifth place. They played Team Liquid in the Spring Quarterfinals and lost 0-3.
C9 started 2018 Summer Season by promoting Goldenglue, Keith, and Zeyzal to the LCS roster. By Week 5 C9 were in tenth place. After bringing back Jensen and Sneaky to the main roster as well as subbing in Blaber for the rest of the summer season, Cloud9 surged and made it to second place and secured a playoff bye by the end of the regular season. In the playoffs, Cloud9 defeated Team SoloMid 3-2 in the Semifinals and lost 0-3 to Team Liquid in the Finals. They moved onto the Regional Qualifier and won 3-0 over TSM to make worlds.
At the 2018 World Championship, Cloud9 once again had to make it through the Play-In stage. They went 4-0 in the Play-In group stage, and beat Gambit Esports 3-2 to advance to the Main Event. Cloud 9 were seeded into Group B, dubbed the "Group of Death", with Team Vitality, Royal Never Give Up, and Gen.G. Cloud9 defied expectations and made it out of the group in second place with a 4-3 record after losing the first place tiebreaker to RNG.
In the Quarterfinals, C9 made history and defeated Afreeca Freecs 3-0, making it the first time since the Season One World Championship that a North American team had made semifinals. In the Semifinals, C9 lost 0-3 to Fnatic.
- Licorice was the runner up to the prize of "Esports PC Rookie of the Year" at the Esports Awards in 2018, losing to Bwipo.
- Missed weeks 5 and 6 of the LCS 2019 Summer after injuring his wrist while rock climbing.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Licorice 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2018-12-08||17 - 32||All-Star 2018 Las Vegas||NA LCS||0 : 1 Mlxg|
- January 21, Postgame Interview GGS vs. C9 NA LCS Spring 2018 Wk 1 day 2 with Ovilee on LoL Esports
- January 24, Cloud9 Licorice: 'To the doubters: I get it. I replaced Impact, it's cool. We're chill.' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 30, Licorice: “Unsealed Spellbook can be really crazy if both bot lanes take it.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- February 4, C9 Licorice: "Reapered just tells me that I am a little bit dumb." with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- February 26, Licorice shines as Cloud9 demolish Clutch Gaming by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- March 6, C9 Licorice: 'I'm definitely looking forward to the rematch with Huni' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 12, How Licorice's lane control is making him a top lane star by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- July 18, Licorice: "When we were winning last split, we didn't focus on our mistakes. Now, we are forced to.” with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- July 30, C9 Licorice: "I love the game, wanna be the best; money is a nice side bonus, so who cares really. (Laughs)" with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- September 27, 5 dark horse players to watch at Worlds by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- October 1, C9 Licorice: "After our match against DFM, we saw GoldenGlue, Svenskeren, and our manager smiling... then Reapered was there with this dead-pan look." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- October 13, just weren't great as a team' by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- December 12, C9 Licorice: "Coming into NA LCS, I just didn't want to play scared, but I definitely didn't think I would have as much success as I did throughout the year...I thought I would be C9 Maokai." with NickGeracie on Inven Global
- February 9, Cloud9 Licorice’s advice for those trying to learn Sylas: “Just play really crazy” by Malcolm Abbas on Dot Esports
- February 11, Licorice breaks down how C9 used Sylas to beat TSM with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 14, C9 Licorice: "We weren't able to win LCS last year, but I think we can with our current team." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- March 4, Licorice on what makes Cloud9 unique compared to other teams in the LCS with Emily Rand on ESPN Esports
- March 4, Licorice ranks the LCS top laners and how Reapered can help him get MVP with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- March 5, Licorice: why he isn't worried about NA internationally this year with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- May 13, C9 Sneaky-Licorice: "The only reason a player should retire is when he just doesn’t enjoy the game anymore. If I get to that point myself, I would retire." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- May 30, Licorice hates Yuumi and wants her removed from the game by Travis Gafford on YouTube
- June 5, Licorice explains why Aatrox and Yuumi are so strong currently with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- June 8, Licorice: "Reignover used to play with Huni, so he's teaching me how to hog resources" with Steven Paul on Upcomer
- June 23, C9 Licorice: "Since other teams don't have priority on Akali, we've been able to get it in a lot of drafts." with Nick Geracie and Lara Lunardi on Inven Global
- August 21, C9 Licorice on predictions facing TL in the finals: Based on the other teams that I’m talking to, they’re like, “you crushed us and [TL] crushes us”, [laughs] so I don’t really have anything to go off of with Izento on YouTube
- October 13, Licorice on facing Griffin and G2, chances of Cloud9 making it to the quarterfinals with Ashley Kang on Korizon Esports
- October 18, Licorice: ‘We’ll be back next year” for League of Legends World Championship with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN Esports
The following pages redirect here.
- No results found
- Esports Awards' tweet twitter.com