|We are upgrading our stats backend. You may notice some stats & match history pages are out of date/incomplete/missing. The process is estimated to take between 24 and 48 hours. For more information join our Discord!|
|Gold Gain||60 (+0.342 per minute)|
|Experience Gain||260 (+2.5 per minute)|
|1,500 (+90 per minute)|
|60 (+1.825 per minute)|
The Lizard Elder is a neutral monster found on Summoner's Rift. It is described in-game as "a melee monster with large amounts of health. Killing this foe grants a slowing attack that deals damage over time." It spawns along with two Young Lizards.
When killed, the Lizard Elder grants his killer the 'Blessing of the Lizard Elder buff, where every hit deals bonus true damage (3 x Champion Level damage per second, ticks 3 times) and slows enemies (8 / 16 / 24% for melee, 5 / 10 / 15% for ranged). This is the same buff as Grez grants on Twisted Treeline, although Grez is significantly stronger than his counterpart.
- Controlling the Lizard buffs can give your team an advantage in the match. Most jungler will attempt to control not only their own but also the opposing team's buff because it also gives a lot of XP.
- The Lizard Elder will not respawn if both of the Young Lizards are not killed. This can be used against the enemy when stealing their buffs, as it robs them from potential buffs until they kill the remaining creeps and it respawns.
- Some junglers may start at the Elder Lizard as opposed to the Ancient Golem. This usually indicates that they may want to do an early gank in an attempt to get a lane a quick lead. Lee Sin and Shaco are two of the most common junglers to start at Red buff.
- If a champion with the Crest of the Ancient Golem buff is killed, the buff will transfer to the killer (unless the player died to Minions, Monsters), or is killed by a turret immediately after receiving the buff.
- In high-level play, the jungler tends to take the buff during the laning phase, but donates it to his team's Attack Damage Carry after the laning phase has ended.