Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Country of Birth||China|
|Birthday||April 25, 1997 (age 21)|
|Competitive IDs||TM8, TheMassacre8, Massacre|
|Soloqueue IDs||yzeetrA, Deep Learning, oqtoht04 (KR)|
|Social Media & Links|
Cody Sun (born Sun Li Yu) joined Magnetic in May 2015 and qualified for the NACS Summer Season, losing to Misfits and then beating CLG Black in the qualifier. Prior to the start of the season, the team renamed to Team Imagine. Massacre played with Imagine for the first two weeks of the season before the entire roster was replaced.
Massacre played with Team Frostbite in the NACS Open Qualifier and main qualifier, but the team failed to make the Spring Season. After week 1 of the NACS, he joined Dream Team, who had successfully qualified. Dream Team finished the season in fifth place, losing an automatic tiebreaker with Team Liquid Academy due to head-to-head record. They missed out on the playoffs but received higher seeding for the summer qualifier due to finishing ahead of Enemy. Cody Sun left Dream Team in October and later in December joined Immortals.
In the Spring Split Immortals was for the most part a middle of the pack team. Although they showed promise they could never break into the Top 3. Cody Sun's performance in particular was very rough and he was widely criticized for his inexperience and subpar play. The team finished in 7th place, barely missing out on the playoffs. In the Summer Split after bringing in SSONG as their new coach, Immortals' performance turned around completely and they stayed in the Top 3 throughout the whole regular split. Cody Sun was praised for his improved play and synergy with his support Olleh. The team finished the regular season in 2nd place with a 14-4 record. Their performance in the Summer Playoffs was also excellent as they took down Counter Logic Gaming 3-0 in the semifinals and became the first team in NA LCS history since 2013 outside of CLG, TSM and C9 to reach the finals. Despite their accomplishment however, they were defeated 1-3 by TSM in the finals and finished 2nd place. Despite the loss they still managed to qualify for the 2017 Season World Championship via championship points. At Worlds Immortals was seeded in Group B along with Longzhu Gaming, Fnatic and GIGABYTE Marines. Despite a good 2-1 start in Week 1 they couldn't follow up on it in Week 2 and went 0-3. Having to play a tiebreaker in order to advance forward, Immortals faced Fnatic and lost the game which knocked them out of Worlds.
Due to Immortals not being accepted into the newly franchised NA LCS, Cody Sun's contract was sold to Team Liquid in November. However, Liquid's subsequent acquisition of Doublelift made him redundant, and so he joined the recently created 100 Thieves in December of 2017.
|NALCS 2018 Summer - Tiebreakers||Jhin||ADC||W||8/2/8||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- July 26, Damonte: 'It's leaning more towards everyone is bad right now' by Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 5, Cody Sun: “Even when you make a mistake, Aphro sacrifices himself to try to save you. He’s like a “Get out of Jail”-card.” with Izento on The ShotCaller
- February 16, Cody Sun: "I think (Aphro's) previous ADs had it really well, I'm not going to lie." with Blitz Esports
- February 26, 100t Cody Sun: 'For our bot-lane, I definitely want to be the best' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 19, Cody Sun on relaxing before important matches: “Me and Aphro just chill. We just talk about whatever, girls or something.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- March 21, 100 Thieves' Cody Sun Gives His Thoughts on Playing with Aphromoo - DBLTAP Exclusive Interview with DBLTAP on YouTube
- April 4, 100 Thieves Cody Sun: "As Olleh used to say, it is like facing against our ex girlfriends." with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- August 9, Cody Sun: “Going to the Finals and losing has been the story for me… Hopefully 3rd time’s a charm!” with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- January 23, Immortals’ Cody Sun on problems with AD Carry and a lack of synergy with Olleh with Slingshot
- February 12, Cody Sun explains Immortals' performance and how he works with Pobelter and Dardoch with Blitz Esports
- March 14, The Immortals Bot Lane Is Stepping Up with Red Bull Esports
- June 9, Cody Sun on Xmithie: “(He) definitely brings a different mentality since he’s a more experienced guy where he’s also really mature, and he has pretty good leadership qualities.” with Slingshot Esports
- July 1, Interview with IMT's duo, Cody Sun and Olleh with DreXxiN on Esports Heaven
- July 3, Cody Sun on RR: 'TSM & C9 have been to international events... for them it might not be as valuable' with Travis Gafford
- July 20, Cody Sun on Immortals’ Week 6 rebound: “We went back to what had been working, which was just follow (Xmithie), give him information and then he’ll make the call.” with Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- August 7, Cody Sun on Best Player of the Split: "When we play against Jensen, we have a lot of our focus on midlane" with Inven Global
- August 23, 100T Cody Sun: "If we can beat FlyQuest when I go 0-6 on Ezreal, then I feel pretty confident going against them in Quarterfinals." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
Articles & Videos
- July 30, Cody Sun: It seems that TSM lost trust in each other by Travis Gafford on YouTube
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.