|NAME:||Cho Se-hyeong (조세형)|
|COUNTRY OF BIRTH:||South Korea|
|BIRTHDAY:||February 27, 1994|
|SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS|
|SHARE THIS PAGE|
|Overview||Champion Statistics||Match History|
Cho "Mata" Se-hyeong (조세형) is the Support for kt Rolster.
League of Legends
Mata had an impressive run on MVP Ozone in Season 3. They finished 1st in OGN Club Masters and AMD-INVEN GamExperience. They also made a very impressive 1st place finish in the OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013, taking down CJ Entus Blaze in a clean 3-0 sweep. The summer wasn't as good for Ozone, as they finished 3rd in the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013. Ozone was however able to qualify for the Season 3 World Championship as Korea's second seed. They rebranded to Samsung Galaxy Ozone and headed to North America. Despite being a big favorite going into the tournament, Ozone had a tough time in the group stage. Even though they had a solid 5-3 record, Gambit Gaming also had the same record and in a big upset, Gambit was able to defeat Ozone in the Tiebreaker Match, eliminating them from playoffs.
Wanting to make up for their poor Worlds performance, Ozone played in the PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 and managed to reach the finals but lost to the undefeated SK Telecom T1 in a 0-3 sweep. They would then attend the HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 but only managed to reach 3rd place, defeating CJ Entus Blaze in the 3rd place match. The team was then renamed to Samsung Galaxy White just before the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014. During the Summer Season, White was unable to win the championship but managed to place 3rd after taking down SK Telecom T1 S in the 3rd place match. In the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals, White took down SK Telecom T1 K in a tiebreaker match and qualified for the 2014 World Championship. At Worlds, White was able to breeze through groups, going undefeated with a 6-0 record. In the Quarterfinals they would face off against Team SoloMid and defeated them 3-1. They would then face their sister team Samsung Galaxy Blue. Despite analysts expecting a close series, White was able to sweep Blue 3-0 and advanced to the finals. Their final opponent was Star Horn Royal Club and although SHRC did take one game, White was able to defeat them and become the Season 4 World Champions. Mata would then leave White shortly after Worlds.
With their new rejuvenated roster, RNG started off the regular season of the 2016 LPL Spring Split strong and midway through the season, earned an invite to the IEM X World Championship. This was their first international tournament as a team and they were able to perform well, defeating Origen and then Ever but losing to Fnatic 1-2 in the Semifinals. Returning to China, RNG went on to finish the regular season in 1st place with a 13-3 record. In the 2016 LPL Spring Playoffs, RNG was placed in the semifinals due to their 1st place finish in Group B. Their first opponent was Team WE and despite WE putting up a good fight, RNG was able to defeat them 3-2 to advance to the finals. Their final opponent was Edward Gaming and despite EDG being the favorite, RNG was able to silence their critics and won the series 3-1, becoming the LPL Spring Split Champions and earning a trip to the 2016 Mid-Season Invitational.
RNG dominated the group stage at MSI, only losing a game to Counter Logic Gaming and then SK Telecom T1. With an 8-2 record, RNG finished the group in 1st place. Despite their amazing performance in groups, they were defeated 1-3 by SKT in the Semifinals, earning a respectable 3rd-4th place finish at the event.
RNG's Summer Split did not go as well as expected. While they were able to get 1st place in Group B with 13 wins and 3 loses, their performance in the playoffs dropped and they would lose convincingly to Edward Gaming in the Summer Finals. Still, they would qualify for the 2016 World Championship through championship points.
At Worlds, Mata and RNG were grouped against Samsung Galaxy, Team SoloMid and Splyce. They were able to make it out of the group stage as 2nd seed, with a standing of 3-3. However, they were seeded against SK Telecom T1 in the Quarterfinals and lost the series 3-1, ending their Worlds run at 5th-8th place. After Worlds, RNG made an announcement that Mata will part ways with the team after NEST. And so Mata continued to play the last tournaments with RNG, placing 3rd-4th in the 2016 Demacia Cup and 4th in 2016 NEST.
- Became known for being so incredibly talented on Thresh that fans started comparing him to MadLife. It is said by the fans of OGN that "If MadLife is God then Mata is Buddha".
- MonteCristo often regarded Mata as the rookie of the year during OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 due to his relatively new career as a pro gamer, having started professional LoL during February of 2013.
- Has multiple accounts that are in Korean Challenger and each play a different role.
- Is considered by many players to be the best support player in the world
- 2014 World Championship MVP.
|2017 LCK Summer Split|
- For More Champion Statistics CLICK HERE
|2016-12-11||All-Star Barcelona 2016||1st||
||1100 : 850|
||1 : 2|
|2016-11-12||2016 Demacia Cup||3 - 4th||
||1 : 3|
|2016-10-14||2016 World Championship||5 - 8th||
||1 : 3|
|2016-08-26||2016 LPL Summer Playoffs||2nd||
||0 : 3|
|2016-05-13||2016 Mid-Season Invitational||3 - 4th||
||1 : 3|
|2016-04-23||2016 LPL Spring Playoffs||1st||
||3 : 1|
|2016-03-06||IEM X World Championship||3 - 4th||
||1 : 2|
- April 13th - VIDEO: Mata on joining Royal: 'Realizing that we could do well gave me this goal of getting to the finals' with TheScore eSports
- April 23rd - VIDEO: Mata's mentees: How Mata transformed Royal Never Give Up into LPL champions with TheScore eSports
- May 6th - VIDEO: Mata on RNG: 'I think learning about ourselves and improving our skills is a primary focus' with TheScore eSports
- September 30th - Mata: 'I think, with our team included, that the Chinese teams are not ready to win yet' with theScore Esports
- September 30th - VIDEO: Mata responds to Doublelift's claims that Mata 'disrespected' the TSM AD Carry in lane on day one with YAHOO! Esports
- October 8th - Mata on Uzi: “He has a really bad back that he needs to get massages in order to play games.” with Slingshot
- December 9th - Mata: "I still think Uzi is the best laning ADC in the world." with Inven Global
- July 2nd - VIDEO: True LOL Show Ep.03_트롤쇼 3회 (KR) with OGN
- August 27th - VIDEO: 2nd Tie-Breaker Match Winner Interview - SAMSUNG White with OGN Global
- September 18th - VIDEO: Mata on keeping Imp in check, returning to Worlds, and a potential clash with Blue with onGamers
- September 24th - VIDEO: 'Reflections' with Mata with onGamers
- October 3rd - VIDEO: LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - Mata (SAMSUNG White Support) with OGN Global
- October 20th - VIDEO: True LOL Show : 롤드컵 특집 댄디 & 마타 (KR) with OnGameNet
- August 14th - VIDEO: Support Lesson with Madlife and Mata with Korea Riot Games
- January 4th -
- Mata: “I want to win trophies of every tournament.” by Andrew Kim (slingshotesports.com)
- Samsung's prodigal sons: Reviewing pawN, Deft, Mata, and Spirit's time abroad by Kelsey Moser (esports.yahoo.com)
- April 6th - VIDEO: The top 10 players from the 2017 LCK Spring Split by theScore esports
- May 9th - Supporting MSI's Top 4 by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- September 24th - The Worlds Top 20: #15 - Mata by LoL Esports
- September 26th - VIDEO: Worlds Top 20: 15 - Mata by LoL Esports
- October 11th -
- Mata and Uzi on Royal's chances in the knockout stage by Sasha Erfanian (thescoreesports.com)
- RNG Mata: ‘I’m definitely not completely satisfied with my play right now’ by Taylor Cocke (esports.yahoo.com)
- October 13th - VIDEO: 2016 World Championship: Quarterfinals Tease by LoL Esports
- November 4th - Kelsey Moser's LPL 2016 Player Awards and All-Stars Votes by Kelsey Moser (thescoreesports.com)
- December 5th - VIDEO: Moments of Mayhem: Team Ice by LoL Esports
- December 6th - A new KT Rolster and a new Korea by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- December 7th - A Seriously Not Serious Guide: ASE 1v1 Tournament by Kien Lam (lolesports.com)
- December 23rd - VIDEO: Merry Christmas! by KT Rolster