|Name||Cho Se-hyeong (조세형)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||February 27, 1994 (age 25)|
|Team||SK Telecom T1|
|Soloqueue IDs||Not Bread Bro (NA), MVP Mata, 막타는마타가마타, 삼성갤럭시 MatA, YelIOwStaR, 서폿유저김마타, MatataMa, VG Sup perman (CN),|
im gonna go
|Social Media & Links|
Cho "Mata" Se-hyeong (Hangul: 조세형) is the support for SK Telecom T1.
Cho "Mata" Se-hyeong joined MVP Ozone as a support in February of 2013. In his first season as a professional player, Ozone won the OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 finals 3-0 against CJ Entus Blaze in one of the biggest upsets in League of Legends history. The team did fairly well in HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013, placing third after losing 3-1 to SK Telecom T1 but beating CJ Entus Frost 3-2 in the third place match. Ozone earned enough circuit points to qualify automatically to the Season 3 World Championship as the second seed from Korea. A week later, both Ozone and their sister team, MVP Blue, were bought by the Samsung organization, forming Samsung Galaxy Ozone and Samsung Galaxy Blue. Ozone disappointed at worlds, dropping out in groups after losing a tiebreaker to Gambit Gaming.
Ozone began the new year with PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where they made it to the finals but were swept by the undefeated SKT K to end in second place overall. They placed similarly at HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014, losing 3-1 to Blue in the semis but beating Blaze 3-2 in the third place match to finish in third. A month later, Ozone changed their name to Samsung White. HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 was not much different for the team. They lost 3-1 again to Blue in the semis but they swept SK Telecom T1 S in the third place match. They were forced to play a tiebreaker against SKT K for the second Korean seed at the 2014 Season World Championship and they swept them 3-0 for the spot. White came into worlds as the heavy favorites and impressed, only dropping two games the whole tournament. They played a fairly one-sided final against Star Horn Royal Club and took the title with a 3-1 victory with Mata managing to earn himself the the MVP title for the tournament. On October 25, 2014, Mata announced that he was leaving the Samsung organization and was considering his options. On November 27, 2014, DanDy, Skatch, Heart and Mata all together joined Vici Stand Gaming.
At the beginning of the year, Mata and DanDy were moved to the main Vici Gaming roster to compete in the 2015 LPL Spring Regular Season. They competed in the 2015 Demacia Cup Spring Season first and fell in the round of 16 with a 3-0 loss to Invictus Gaming. They ended in fourth in the LPL regular season but lost in the first round of the 2015 LPL Spring Playoffs, dropping 3-1 to IG. Vici played in the 2015 Demacia Cup Summer Season, making it to the quarterfinals but forfeiting their series against IG. During the 2015 LPL Summer Regular Season, they ended in sixth in the LPL and made it to the quarterfinals of the 2015 LPL Summer Playoffs but Vici lost 3-2 here to IG.
Despite multiple rumors that Mata would return to Korea, likely to play on Incredible Miracle, Mata stayed in China for the 2016 season, moving to Royal Never Give Up. Royal Never Give Up were invited to IEM Katowice in March 2016 where they finished first in their group beating both Origen and Ever. However, they were defeated 1 - 2 by Fnatic in the playoffs bracket, placing third along with Team Solo Mid.
- His ID Mata is named after the soccer player Juan Mata.
- Sit cross-legged sometimes when competing.
- Became known for being so incredibly talented on Thresh that fans started comparing him to MadLife. It is said by the fans of OGN that "If MadLife is God then Mata is Buddha".
- MonteCristo often regarded Mata as the rookie of the year during OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 due to his relatively new career as a pro gamer, having started professional LoL during February of 2013.
- Has multiple accounts that are in Korean Challenger and each play a different role.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Mata Tournament Results|
LCK 2019 Summer
11 - 7RR
Rift Rivals 2019 LCK-LPL-LMS-VCS
3 : 1LPL
|2019-05-18||3 - 4|
MSI 2019 Main Event
2 : 3G2
LCK 2019 Spring Playoffs
3 : 0GRF
LCK 2019 Spring
14 - 4RR
|2018-12-27||5 - 8|
KeSPA Cup 2018
1 : 2DWG
|2018-10-20||5 - 8|
Worlds 2018 Main Event
2 : 3iG
LCK 2018 Summer Playoffs
3 : 2GRF
LCK 2018 Summer
13 - 5RR
Rift Rivals 2018 LCK-LPL-LMS
2 : 3LPL
|Mata 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2016-12-11||5 - 8||All-Star 2016 Barcelona||Ice||0 : 1 Maple|
- January 18, SKT Mata: "It’s been about 2 months since Teddy and I began playing together, and we believe that we have the potential to get even better together" with Byungho "Haao" Kim,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- January 27, SKT Mata: “I kept wondering throughout the game when Teddy will finally be able to activate his Draven passive” with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 16, SKT Mata: "Since I am a bot laner, I like it when Faker plays a more supportive role... If Faker goes for a carry pick, then the rest of the team focuses on helping him. " with oonkyu "Lasso" Seok,Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek on Inven Global
- February 20, SKT T1 kkOma and Mata: "We are still not 100%. On the other hand, because of this, it just means our players have that much more room to grow." with Yeonjae "Arra" Shin,James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- February 21, Mata: Age in the LCK doesn't matter, being younger doesn't make you better with Ashley Kang on ESPN Esports
- March 1, SKT Mata on facing Deft in his next series: ” I would like to go on an alpaca hunt once more.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon
- March 3, SKT Mata: "We’ve played two games in Round 2, and since Griffin saw those matches, they have a slight advantage. But if we prepare well, we can win." with Takyun "Laff" Pack,David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- April 7, SKT kkOma on Faker: "His strength is that he performs even better in important matches. That's why I'm counting on him a lot. " with Sihoon "Maloo" Lee, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- May 5, SKT Mata: "When I was playing for kt Rolster, we lost to iG at Worlds, so I really want to beat them this year." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- May 10, SKT Mata on Day 1 of MSI 2019, his football fandom with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- February 1, Mata on Deft Stealing Red Buff: "Maybe it's because he's an alpaca, but he has animal-like instincts" with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 4, kt Mata: "I want win all three matches against them (3K) to finish round 1 well." with Beom "Nswer" Park, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 20, KT Mata: "We beat SKT, a team that we always lost to in the past. We can win against anyone now" with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, Woo "Ready" Hyun,,Changsik "Alle" Son on Inven Global
- February 25, kt Deft: "I was furious because of Teddy's penta-kill." with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 1, KT Mata: " I don’t really like the Samsung White skin because I didn’t perform well wearing it." with Kyeongbeom "Its" Kim,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 8, KT Mata on Deft: "He hit 1st in solo queue while he was playing duo with me." with Yeonjae "Arra" Shin, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 17, KT Score: "During the draft, I usually have the coaches pick what I should play." with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 13, KT Mata: "After the Ma-Ta comp became popular, there were less search results on me so I was kind of disappointed." with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, Changsik "Alle" Son,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 21, KT Mata: "Although I personally prefer Deft on ADC champions, due to the state of the meta, we're picking a wide variety of champions" with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- June 23, Mata: "Score has a lot of experience, so he doesn't need any guidance from us. As for Rush, we have to constantly pay attention to him and guide him." with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 5, KT Mata:"AFs had the upper hand, but EDG did a great job at countering AFs' strategy." with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 15, KT Mata: "I don’t see Tahm Kench as a great pick, but since our players often throw and die, he’s being employed as a pick to limit that as much as possible." with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 24, KT Mata: "Although Kingzone may not look too great right now, they're strong when playing against our team" with Byungho "Haao" Kim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo,,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- August 2, KT Mata: "Today, a lot of our fans probably had a mental quake, but we'll make sure to stick their mental back into their heads in our next match." with Byungho "Haao" Kim,Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- August 7, KT Mata: "I believe the rollercoaster like streak we have with our performance is the problem. I will only be satisfied once we are able to display good consistent performance." with Beom "Nswer" Park,James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- September 8, KT Score: "Many years have passed, and I finally got my hands on an LCK title. I marched on without giving up, and I feel that I'm finally given my reward." with Byungho "Haao" Kim, Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- October 10, Mata: "Teams shouldn't give me Thresh, Alistar, Rakan, and... Blitzcrank. Because my team hates it!" with Darius Matuschak from The Shotcaller on YouTube
- October 16, KT Mata on Playing at Worlds: "This isn’t about nationality but it’s about playing as a team. That’s why we didn’t feel that pressured." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok, Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- January 4, Mata: “I want to win trophies of every tournament.” by Andrew Kim on Slingshot
- January 16, Mata on why he returned to the LCK with on theScore
- February 25, Mata: “I am most wary of Blank.” with on Slingshot Esports
- March 10, Mata on SKT: “I am confident that we can beat them. As long as we play well, we can beat them.” with on Slingshot Esports
- March 12, KT Mata: "I'm glad that we were able to show how much we've improved." with on Inven Global
- March 30, Mata: “Recently our style of shot-calling became tiring for my teammates, so we’re in the process of making more team based shot-calling.” with on Slingshot Esports
- July 12, KT Mata: "We deserve to be criticized when we lose, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed." with on Inven Global
- December 1, KT Mata: "When our team failed to make it to Worlds... I was mentally struggling" with Woo "Ready" Hyun,Takyun "Laff" Pack on Inven Global
- December 13, KT Rolster Mata: "I'm still one of the best at macro." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok, Yeonjae "Arra" Shin,,Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- February 8, Genius & Effort, ‘Mata’ Cho Se-hyeong Speaks on a Year in China by on bnununu
- March 5, Mata on RNG's shot calling: 'We use Chinese and English, but we swear at each other in Korean' with Lisa Doan on theScore
- April 13, Mata on joining Royal: 'Realizing that we could do well gave me this goal of getting to the finals' with on theScore
- May 5, Mata: 'I think learning about ourselves and improving our skills is a primary focus' with Kelsey Moser on theScore
- May 5, RNG Mata, MSI, interview S6 with on Millenium
- May 14, Mata explains how a miscommunication led to RNG having the wrong side in their match vs SKT with Travis Gafford on Yahoo
- September 1, Mata Interview: Uzi has been playing very well, but he can play even better by on Esports Heaven
- October 1, Mata: 'I think, with our team included, that the Chinese teams are not ready to win yet' with on theScore
- October 1, Mata responds to Doublelift's claims that Mata 'disrespected' the TSM AD Carry in lane on day one with on Yahoo!
- October 9, Mata on Uzi: “He has a really bad back that he needs to get massages in order to play games.” with on Slingshot Esports
- October 11, RNG Mata: ‘I’m definitely not completely satisfied with my play right now’ with on Yahoo!
- December 9, Mata: "I still think Uzi is the best laning ADC in the world." with on Inven
- December 20, Mata: ‘I wanted to play with Deft, so when he decided to KT Rolster, I decided to join him’ with on Yahoo!
- December 21, Mata: “I was planning to return (to Korea) even if I wasn’t a player.” by Andrew Kim on Slingshot
- August 27, 2nd Tie-Breaker Match Winner Interview - SAMSUNG White (video) with on OGN Global
- September 18, Mata on keeping Imp in check, returning to Worlds, and a potential clash with Blue (video) with on onGamers
- September 24, 'Reflections' with Mata (video) with on onGamers
- October 3, LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - Mata (SAMSUNG White Support) (Video) with on OGN Global
- April 23, Faker can help Mata win his first MSI trophy after denying him 3 years ago by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- January 4, Samsung's prodigal sons: Reviewing pawN, Deft, Mata, and Spirit's time abroad by Kelsey Moser on Yahoo!
- March 6, The two Korean geniuses of LoL by Tyler "Fionn" Erzberger on ESPN
- May 16, Royalty without a crown: RNG's new bottom lane against the unassailable SKT by Kelsey Moser on theScore
- May 17, The Top 10 Supports of Spring 2016 by Kelsey Moser on theScore
- August 11, The world's top 10 players in League of Legends by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- November 9, True LoL Show World Championship DanDy & Mata by on OGN Esports
- October 25, Best of SSW Mata - Worlds Highlights by on Respawnd
The following pages redirect here.
- No results found