|Country of Birth:||United States|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Matthew "Matt" Elento was a substitute for Gravity in the 2015 NA LCS Season but never started for them. In May 2015, he also joined Team Liquid Academy and played for them in multiple tournaments, including the NACS 2015 Summer Qualifier and the HTC Ascension tournament. He also substituted for Vortex in week 2 of the NACS Summer Season.
Team Liquid Academy made it through the NACS 2016 Spring Open Qualifier and Main Qualifier without dropping a single game, easily qualifying for the NACS Spring Season. Additionally, Team Liquid announced that all members of TL Academy would also be active substitutes on the main Team Liquid roster for the spring season of the LCS.
After one game, that meant for Matt that he would be a permanent member of the LCS roster, and he replaced Smoothie for the rest of the season as Piglet's support. Matt became known for his Bard, though his highest winrates were with Alistar and Janna. Team Liquid finished fourth in the regular season, going on to defeat NRG in the quarterfinals before losing a narrow five-game series to Counter Logic Gaming (the eventual champions) and then a 3-0 to Immortals to end in fourth overall, continuing the team's "fourth-place curse."
Despite Dardoch's stellar spring split performance, on May 27, he was suspended by the team for "behavioral problems and team dynamics issues" ahead of the Summer Split. Liquid Academy jungler Moon was used for the team's first series instead, which they lost, and by the end of the week Dardoch was starting again, where he remained through the end of the Playoffs. Soon after Dardoch's return, Fabbbyyy was also traded to the main Team Liquid roster, this time in exchange for Piglet. This roster of Lourlo, Dardoch, Fenix, Fabbbyyy, and Matt stabilized, and the team finished in fifth place with a 9-9 series record. In the playoffs, they shook up their roster once again, substituting in Jynthe for their third game against CLG after two losses. Jynthe won his first game, but Team Liquid ultimately lost the series 3-1 and then also lost in the first round of the Regional Finals to Team EnVyUs, this time with both Jynthe at AD carry and former substitute mid laner Arcsecond jungling.
The 2017 Season wasn't very good for Matt. Team Liquid went into the 2017 NA LCS Spring Season with a lot of hype but failed to live up to their expectations. They finished the regular season in 9th place with 5 wins and 13 losses. They would have to attend the 2017 NA LCS Summer Promotion and re-qualified for the LCS with a 3-2 victory over Gold Coin United. Their Summer Season in the LCS was a similar story. After another 9th place finish 4 wins and 14 losses, they attended the 2018 NA LCS Spring Promotion and retained their LCS spot with a 3-2 victory over Phoenix1. After a disappointing season, Matt left TL in December and joined the newly formed Golden Guardians.
- January 31, Golden Guardians Matt: 'Losing sucks but our team morale is actually pretty good' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 21, Golden Guardians Matt talks to Kelsey about beating his former team and how GG is improving with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 15, Matt on what it takes to be a world-class player, shot-calling in the LCS, and who he looks up to with Blitz Esports
- February 16, Matt on Team Liquid’s recent struggles, their missed week of practice, & catching up before playoffs with Yahoo!
- March 20, Liquid’s Matt opens up about his struggle with panic attacks and his decision to step back from the team] with Yahoo!
- June 26, TL Matt: “The most important thing in (team) feedback is the skill of tactfully telling someone an honest truth.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- August 8, Team Liquid LoL Matt 20 Questions with HyperX
- December 19, Matt explains how a talk with GSW's Kirk Lacob convinced him that Golden Guardians could be his home with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 18, Despite loss, Team Liquid support Matt remains optimistic with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- February 2, Interview with TL Matt about his favorite picks, masteries and facing IMT with Dignitas
- February 7, Matt on improving his play: 'I'm still a work in progress' with theScore
- March 3, TL Matt: "Most support players, especially in this region, just don't really put that much time into just one champion." with Yahoo
- March 23, TL Matt: We're always going to be expecting to win with Yahoo
- March 25, Matt: ‘My expectations are getting a lot higher, now I want to be a world class player’ with theScore
- April 2, Q&A: Matt “Matt” Elento on Team Liquid Academy, adjusting to the LCS and keeping his composure with Vince Nairn on Slingshot Esports
- April 8, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Matt vs. Aphromoo with theScore
- April 15, LoL NA LCS: 1 on 1 with Team Liquid - Matt with ESPN
- June 13, Matt on Liquids's performance so far: 'It's been pretty abysmal' with Yahoo!
- July 6, TL Matt explains why he is disappointed with the way Riot handled the pause for their Friday remake with Yahoo!
- July 18, Matt on adjusting his playstyle to fit fabbbyyy and the biggest takeaway from TL’s loss against TSM with theScore
- February 19, Lourlo and Matt get revenge against their former team as Golden Guardians defeat Team Liquid by Malcolm Abbas on DOT Esports
- March 27, How Matt and Dardoch accelerated Team Liquid’s rebuild by Joe "Pistallion" Cannavino on Slingshot Esports
- March 22, DRIVE: The Matt Story #LCSDRIVE by LoL Esports
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- Dardoch Suspension teamliquidpro.com