|Name||Alfonso Aguirre Rodríguez|
|Country of Birth|
|Birthday||October 5, 1994 (age 25)|
|Soloqueue IDs||GoldPoro4, TSM Mithypote (NA), LD mithy, HC mithy, Wizards Mithy, G2미티김치갓 (KR), Muito prazer (BR)|
|Social Media & Links|
Alfonso "mithy" Aguirre Rodríguez is a League of Legends player from Gran Canaria, Spain. The first notable game that he played was Pokemon. He played Counter-Strike: Source, then moved on to playing World of Warcraft on a private server where most premier PvP players would play.
He then played Bloodline Champions competitively and went to DreamHack Summer 2011 as a substitute, meeting Noonia and MegaZero during the event and placing 6th. He would go to DreamHack Winter 2011, this time winning the tournament under the x6tence banner. One of the factors that contributed to his team's success was his own adjustment to playing on a LAN environment (where ping would be negligible, as compared to 120 ping from the Canary Islands). He would mostly play the Spear Master bloodline.
He was introduced to League of Legends through a public chat within BLC. He moved full-time to League of Legends in January 1, 2012, as soon as the Bloodline Champions servers were moved to Sweden, which had the immediate effect of increasing his ping from 120 to 180.
On March 28, 2014, Mithy was fined $500 USD for using offensive, racist language in a League of Legends game lobby.
On June 6, 2014, mithy was suspended from the League Championship Series and the Challenger Series through the end of 2014 due to extremely toxic behavior in solo queue. This behavior included, but was not limited to, in game harassment, verbal abuse, and continual use of racial slurs.
On December 19, 2014 Mithy's banned was lifted by Riot, leaving him free to play in the 2015 LCS and Challenger Series. Soon after his ban was lifted, Mithy joined Origen, a new European Challenger team formed by xPeke after he left Fnatic. Teammates Amazing, and Niels joined at the same time, and sOAZ became their top laner.
Mithy and Origen qualified for the EUCS Spring Qualifier via the Challenger Ladder, where they beat Millenium Spirit in their bracket final, securing their qualification to the EUCS Spring Season. Origen were unbeaten until their penultimate game of the split, against LowLandLions.White, and despite dropping that one game easily secured first place in the regular season. Origen also placed highly in tournaments throughout this period, winning the ESL MWC Challenge and Gamers Assembly 2015. The Spring Playoffs saw Origen beat Reason Gaming in the semifinals 2-1 and then going on to sweep Copenhagen Wolves Academy (the team formerly known as LowLandLions.White) in the final to win the tournament and secure automatic qualification to the LCS Summer Season. Notably, their last game against CW Academy ended on a Zed backdoor by xPeke reminiscent of his famous backdoor at IEM Katowice in 2013, and the team would become known for its backdoor plays to win games.
Throughout the EU LCS Summer Season, Origen jostled for 2nd position with H2k-Gaming, while Fnatic sat far ahead in an undefeated 1st place throughout. Impressive individual performances including Mithy's Thresh helped the team to a 2nd place regular season finish, and with it a bye past the Summer Playoffs quarterfinal round. In the semifinals, Origen faced off against rivals H2k and won 3-1; perhaps even more impressively, they took two games off Fnatic in the finals despite ultimately losing the series. Their second-place overall finish earned Origen 90 Championship Points, enough for the second seed in the 2015 Season Europe Regional Finals. There, they beat Team ROCCAT in a 3-2 series and then Unicorns of Love in an easy 3-0 and successfully qualified for the 2015 World Championship, where they would play as Europe's #3 seed.
At the 2015 World Championship, Origen were drawn into Group D along with Team SoloMid, KT Rolster, and LGD Gaming. Origen went 3-0 in the 1st week of the round robin and ended the group with a 4-2 record, meaning they would advance to the knockout stage of the tournament. Origen won their quarterfinal series 3-1 against the Flash Wolves, becoming the first Western team to win a best-of-five at a World Championship, but were later knocked out by SK Telecom T1 in the semifinals.
Origen and mithy competed at IEM San Jose, and were given a bye to the semifinals due to Fnatic's withdrawal from the tournament. The team fielded their roster from the previous season, but with PowerOfEvil in the mid lane and xPeke taking a coaching role. They took down Team SoloMid in the semifinals, and went on to beat Counter Logic Gaming in the final - winning the tournament without losing a single game.
Origen's performance at IEM San Jose resulted in their qualification to the IEM World Championship. At the tournament, they first lost to Royal Never Give Up in the upper bracket of their group before then losing to Team SoloMid in the lower bracket, resulting in the team's elimination from the tournament.
Mithy and Origen had a decent spring split but didn't manage to win it. In the playoffs they made it to the finals but lost 1-3 to G2 Esports. In May of 2016, Mithy along with Zven left OG and joined G2. The move ended up being successful as the team won the Summer Playoffs with a 3-1 victory over Splyce and qualified for the 2016 Season World Championship.
G2 was placed in Group A along with ROX Tigers, Albus NoX Luna and Counter Logic Gaming. Although expectations for them were fairly high, the team only won 1 game and finished 4th place in their group which knocked them out of Worlds.
G2's Spring Season was fairly dominant. The team won their group in the regular season and only dropped one series. In the playoffs they defeated Unicorns of Love 3-1 in the finals to capture their third LCS title and qualify for the 2017 Mid-Season Invitational. At MSI although G2 had some struggles and finished 4-6 in overall record, they still made it to the knockout stage. In the semifinals they took down Team WE 3-1 but then lost 1-3 in the finals to SK Telecom T1 and finished 2nd place.
The Summer Season was much more of a struggle for G2. They were very shaky throughout the regular season and finished 2nd in their group below Fnatic. In the playoffs G2 defeated Splyce in the Quarterfinals 3-2 in a hard fought series. Although they were expected to struggle more in the following rounds, G2 swept H2k Gaming 3-0 in the semifinals. Then in the finals they swept Misfits Gaming 3-0 and won their fourth LCS title in a row. This also qualified them for the 2017 Season World Championship.
At Worlds G2 was place in Group C along with 1907 Fenerbahçe, Samsung Galaxy and Royal Never Give Up. G2 performed much better than last year but their group was very hard. With their 3-3 record they were unable to advance any further and finished 3rd in their group. In November of 2017 Mithy along with Zven left G2 and moved over to North America to join Team SoloMid.
- Has held several character names in his WoW days, all based around 'Mythic'. Through several iterations, he ended up with mithy as his final character name (and summoner name).
- Has climbed the ladder playing only Supports (mainly using
Blitzcrank pick is still in effect in solo queue.
- He has a pet cat.
- Has a passion for discovering fine food products (i.e. from restaurants).
- His favorite drink is Nestea - Pineapples and Mango. It is only available in the Canari Islands.
- Looks up to MadLife as a player.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Mithy 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2016-12-11||17 - 30||All-Star 2016 Barcelona||Ice||0 : 1 Levi|
- May 29, Ask The Pros: Origen's Mithy with , and on LoL Esports
- October 6, Mithy on 3-0: "It Definitely Shows the Asian Teams Aren't Unbeatable Anymore" with , and on Gamespot
- October 10, Mithy on Origen's shotcalling and the surprise of being at Worlds with , and on LoL Esports
- October 16, Unbench the Kench with Mithy by , and on LoL Esports
- February 2, Mithy on Origen's performance: 'I was not surprised we went 1-3' with , and on The Score
- March 18, Mithy: "Zven hat zu sehr versucht, zu carrien" with , and on SPORT1
- March 19, Mithy on Origen's mid laners: 'When we're playing with both PowerofEvil gets to learn a bit more' with , and on The Score
- April 22, A closer look at Mithy’s heroic performance in the EU LCS finals by Arian "potato" Hajdin on Slingshot
- May 17, The Top 10 Supports of Spring 2016 by Kelsey Moser on The Score
- June 13, eSports - "Mithy" G2: "Winning is fun, do not play" with , and on Sport1
- June 20, Mithy: Game 1 against UoL 'made me realize...it should be more Trick shotcalling than me' with , and on The Score
- August 29, Mithy: Splyce and UoL - favorites on Worlds Square with , and on Redbull
- September 23, The need for a villain: mithy and the elevation of G2's macro game by Kelsey Moser on The Score
- September 26, Past to Present: The Story of Mithy with , and on theScore Esports
- December 10, Mithy: ‘We had a lot of team talks… in the end we decided that we wanted to stick together.’ with , and on Yahoo! Esports
- December 30, G2 Mithy: ''The most down moment I had was also the moment where I grew the most'' with , and on Esports Heaven
- February 16, Player Spotlight: Mithy with , and on LoL Esports
- March 3, Mithy: "Ich gebe mein Bestes" with , and on Sport1
- April 6, Mithy on unique styles: "The meta is so set. If you find something.. everyone copies it in a second" with , and on Blitz Esports
- April 23, Your 2017 Spring Split Champions are... with , and on LoL Esports
- May 5, Sjokzin' Around: Hipster Party with Mithy with , and on LoL Esports
- May 11, Mithy on G2's first day and their latest international appearance: 'European teams have a trend to play very weird and bad, in my opinion.' with , and on Yahoo Esports
- May 12, G2 Mithy: "Brazilian fans were cheering for me whether I win or lose." with , and on Inven Global
- May 14, Mithy breaks down the end of the G2 vs TSM match, explains why G2 has it harder internationally with , and on Yahoo Esports
- May 17, G2 Mithy: 'We did earn our way here...it just feels like we could have done so much more' by , and on Emily Rand for Yahoo Esports
- May 21, [MSI2017] G2 Mithy: "This is the G2 that we wanted to be. No more memes and no more curse." with , and on LoLEsports, transcription by Inven Global
- July 12, Mithy: “We need to get things working again or we will not make it.” with , and on Kelsey Moser for Slingshot Esports
- August 1, Mithy: “I want everyone around me to become a better player through me and through themselves with my help.” with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- December 7, Mithy, Zven, and MikeYeung talk about why they joined TSM, respond to their critics with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- December 8, Zven and mithy Fill Team SoloMid's Bot Lane: "This year, TSM has it all." with Miles Yim on chhopsky
- December 12, Mithy & Zven talk about the first time they wore their TSM jerseys and excitement to face off against Doublelift with Sharon Coone on Blitz Esports
- February 5, TSM Mithy: "I can feel from the different coaching style why TSM had the success they had" with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- February 13, Mithy compares NA vs EU orgs and why he went from despising TSM chants to loving TSM chants with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 3, Mithy on NA vs EU Rift Rivals: 'Perkz has been writing some cocky things to me' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- August 23, Mithy on TSM: I feel like we're on the rise with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- August 28, Mithy speaks about TSM's problems, what fans don't understand, reddit, and more! with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- January 13, Mithy reflects on his time on TSM and what brought him back to Origen with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- February 13, Mithy talks about stress as a pro, life in Denmark, and Astralis Family Feuds with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- March 8, League of Legends: mithy enjoying ride with Origen with Adel Chouadria on ESPN
- June 19, Mithy reflects on Origen's 2-2 Start, jokes that he wants to "smack TSM's ass" at Rift Rivals with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- June 27, Mithy compares Origen to TSM: 'Everything is more easy going' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 1, Origen’s Mithy on C9 and TSM: “Their macro was bad and their mechanics were bad too” with Brian Chang on Upcomer
- July 3, OG Mithy on social expectations of former teammates: "You don't really want that hug as a losing player." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- July 5, Mithy describes the feeling of returning to NA and why he deals with onetricks in EU solo queue with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- August 7, Mithy on Origen's Playoffs chances and why he ints on Tahm Kench with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- March 10, Fnatic Mithy opens up about leaving his player career behind and becoming a coach: "I have a very different idea of what coaching should be" with Lara Lunardi on Inven Global
|2020-08-08||LEC 2020 Summer||Link|
|2020-03-27||LEC 2020 Spring||Link|
|2019-06-27||Rift Rivals 2019 NA-EU||Link|
|2019-06-07||LEC 2019 Summer||Link|
|2019-03-09||LEC 2019 Spring||Link|
|2019-02-08||LEC 2019 Spring||Link|
|2018-09-08||NA LCS 2018 Summer Playoffs||Link|
|2018-08-25||NA LCS 2018 Summer Playoffs||Link|
|2018-08-11||NA LCS 2018 Summer|
|2018-07-22||NA LCS 2018 Summer||Link|
|2018-03-18||NA LCS 2018 Spring||Link|
|2018-02-25||NA LCS 2018 Spring||Link|
- February 17th, Logbook: Chapter one with xPeke & mithy
- January 26, The Top 10 Zven & Mithy Plays in Competitive League of Legends by theScore esports
- February 15, Mithy: Best & Worst Career Momentsby LoL Esports
- August 21, Mithy VS Fnaticwith Azubu
The following pages redirect here:
- YamatoCannon's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Un nouveau départ (French) team-aaa.com
- NiP parts ways with its League of Legends team nip.gl
- The new LoL Lineup nip-gaming.se
- Ninjas in Pyjamas' Facebook Post facebook.com
- NiP announces the new LoL lineup nip.gl
- Changes in Origen origen.gg
- Origen's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Welcome Zven and Mithy tsm.gg
- Vacation is over. youtube.com
- Guilhoto's Tweet twitter.com
- Welcome Zven and Mithy tsm.gg
- Farewell Doublelift tsm.gg
- Origen's Tweet twitter.com
- Origen's Tweet twitter.com
- Fnatic's Tweet twitter.com
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - EU - 2019-01-09; after change - EU - 2019-01-15
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - EU - 2020-01-10; after change - EU - 2020-01-14
- Esports Competition Ruling: Fining of Nukeduck and Mithy forums.na.leagueoflegends.com
- League of Legends Competition Ruling - Suspension of Nukeduck and Mithy euw.leagueoflegends.com
- End of Suspension Review: Alfonso “mithy” Aguirre Rodriguez lolesports.com
- Origen's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Introducing Origen’s top laner origen.gg