NACS 2016 Summer Playoffs
|2016 NACS Summer Playoffs|
|Format:||Single Elim. Playoffs|
|Prize Pool:||$ 25,000|
|Third:|| Nova eSports |
The 2016 NACS Summer Playoffs will determine who will join the 2017 LCS Spring Promotion.
- Top four teams from Summer Season
- Single elimination bracket
- All matches are best of five
- First and second place will qualify for the 2017 NA LCS Spring Promotion
- NA Challenger Series 2016 Summer Official Rulebook
- All playoff matches are played on patch V6.13.
$ 25,000 US Dollars are spread among the teams as seen below:
|Place||Prize (%)||Prize (USD)||≈Prize (EUR)||Qualification||Team|
|1||40%||$ 10,000||€ 9,080||NA LCS 2017 Spring Promotion Qualification Round||Cloud9 Challenger|
|2||28%||$ 7,000||€ 6,356||NA LCS 2017 Spring Promotion Elimination Round||Team Liquid Academy|
|3-4||16%||$ 4,000||€ 3,632||-||Nova eSports|
- Converted prizes calculated with values provided by http://www.xe.com on July 20, 2016, as follows:
- $ 1 US Dollars = € .908 Euros
- See here for match-by-match roster breakdowns.
In the last game of the finals between Team Liquid Academy vs Cloud9 Challenger, Piglet failed to lock in a champion had Rammus selected randomly. Team Liquid Academy were not offered a remake. The relevant rule states:
- 8.8.5 Selection Error. In the event of an erroneously-selected Champion pick or ban, the team in error must notify a CS official before the other team has locked in their next selection. If so, the process will be restarted and brought back to the point at which the error occurred so that the team in error may correct its mistake. If the next selection is locked before the team in error gives notice to a CS official, the erroneous selection shall be deemed irrevocable.
However, in this case it was ruled that the rule did not apply as no pick was locked in. RiotTiza stated:
- In this case, an "erroneous pick" is locking in an incorrect pick (e.g. misclicking on a ban, quickly locking before realizing the selection was wrong). Running out of time while hovering the wrong champion is not an erroneous pick, but time expiring as normal.
- We determined that* Rule 8.8.5 does not apply to a champion picked automatically due to time expiring, as any team could use a timeout as an excuse to buy time in champ select. It is expected that teams complete their picks within the allotted time.
Relevant Links & Discussion
- Spoilers - C9C vs TLA Unintentional Pick reddit
- Galen Holgate's Tweet Twitter
- Moon on Twitter- "according to the rules we should have been able to redo draft? we told ref immediately" reddit
- By Riot's rules TLA should've been offered a remake of champ select. reddit