| The Berserker
| Release Date:
|| June 9, 2010
|| 3150 790
| Primary Attribute:
| Secondary Attribute:
|| 597.24 (+ 93)
| Health Regen:
|| 8.51 (+ 0.9)
|| 315.6 (+ 42)
| Mana Regen:
|| 7.465 (+ 0.575)
| Attack Damage:
|| 68 (+ 3.5)
| Attack Speed:
|| 0.694 (+ 2.7%)
|| 35 (+ 3)
| Magic Resist:
|| 32.1 (+ 1.25)
|Forsaken Olaf|| Released: 2010-06-08 / 520 |
|Glacial Olaf||Released: 2010-06-08 / 520 |
|Released: 2010-12-01 / 1820 |
|Pentakill Olaf||Released: 2012-10-01 / 975 |
|Marauder Olaf||Released: 2015-10-01 / 750 |
|Butcher Olaf||Released: 2016-09-08 / 750 |
|SKT T1 Olaf||Released: 2017-07-05 / 1350 |
||Most men would say that death is a thing to be feared; none of those men would be Olaf. The Berserker lives only for the roar of a battle cry and the clash of steel. Spurred on by his hunger for glory and the looming curse of a forgettable death, Olaf throws himself into every fight with reckless abandon. Surrendering to the bloodlust deep within his being, Olaf is only truly alive when grappling with the jaws of death.
The coastal peninsula of Lokfar is among the most brutal places in the Freljord. There, rage is the only fire to warm frozen bones, blood is the only liquid that flows freely, and there is no worse fate than to grow old, frail, and forgotten. Olaf was a warrior of Lokfar with no shortage of glories and no hesitation to share them. While boasting one evening with his clansmen over the burning embers of a razed village, one of the elder warriors grew tired of Olaf's bluster. The old fighter goaded Olaf to read the omens and see if Olaf's fortunes matched his gloating. Emboldened by the challenge, Olaf mocked the aged raider's envy and tossed the knuckle bones of a long-dead beast to predict the heights of glory he'd achieve in death. All mirth left the gathering as the clansmen read the portents: the bones spoke of a long life and a quiet passing.
Infuriated, Olaf stormed into the night determined to prove the prediction false by finding and slaughtering Lokfar's feared frost serpent. The monster had consumed thousands, man and ship alike, in its long lifetime and to die in battle with it would be a fitting end for any warrior. As Olaf hurled himself into the blackness of its maw, he fell deeper into the blackness of his mind. When the shock of freezing water roused him from the dark, there was only the butchered carcass of the beast afloat beside him. Thwarted but not defeated, Olaf set out to hunt down every legendary creature with claws and fangs, hoping that the next battle would be his last. Each time he charged headlong toward his coveted death, only to be spared by the frenzy that washed over him while on its brink.
Olaf concluded that no mere beast could grant him a warrior's death. His solution was to take on the most fearsome tribe in the Freljord: the Winter's Claw. Sejuani appeared amused by Olaf's challenge to her warband, but his audacity would earn him no mercy. She ordered the charge and sent scores of her warriors to overwhelm Olaf. One by one, they fell until he lost himself in the bloodlust once again, effortlessly cutting a path to the leader of the Winter's Claw. The clash between Olaf and Sejuani rocked the glaciers with its force, and though he seemed unstoppable, Sejuani battled the berserker to a standstill. As they stood deadlocked, Sejuani's glare penetrated Olaf's berserker haze in a way no weapon ever could. His frenzy abated long enough for her to make him an offer: Sejuani swore that she would find Olaf his glorious death if he would lend his axe to her campaign of conquest. In that moment, Olaf vowed he would carve his legacy into the Freljord itself.
|| When you meet your ancestors, tell them Olaf sent you.
||On an uncharted continent beyond Valoran's grasping clutches, the conqueror named Olaf was born to a long tradition of soldiers unlike most others. Berserkers, as they tout themselves, are warriors who channel fury deep from their cores, unleashing pure and savage wrath upon their enemies. This fearsome evolution is a product of their unforgiving home, Lokfar – a barren tundra where all creatures must vie bitterly for every resource. Olaf belonged to a seafaring clan known for ruthlessly pillaging any and all villages within reach of their dragon-crested longboats. The last time he saw his icy home, Olaf was embarking on an expedition to pioneer and plunder a distant land known only to legend. However, while underway, a terrible storm sprung up and Olaf and his crew were thrown to the mercy of a roiling and pitiless sea.
His ship destroyed, his crew nowhere to be found, Olaf miraculously washed up untold miles from "friendly" waters on the foreign shores of Valoran, south of Demacia. This unfamiliar place stunned and frightened the Berserker, for Lokfar is not privy to such potent magicians. Approaching them, Olaf hoped that they could use their mysterious powers to send him back to his people. A bargain was struck. Olaf would use his awesome prowess as a warrior to serve the unusual wars of Valoran in the League of Legends, and in exchange the sorcerers would find him a way to return. Despite his participation in the League, Olaf knows better than to trust the "finger wagglers" that run the Institute of War. He deliberately keeps details of his life and home from them. After all, with enough information, they would most certainly find the Lokfarians and dominate them as they have dominated all of Valoran, keeping both quietly – and unwittingly – in their thrall.
|| "Beware the war cry of the Berserker. What surges toward you is unyielding, free from the shackles of reason."
|| Innate: Olaf's Attack Speed is increased by 1% for each 1% of his Health he is missing.|
||Cost: 60 Mana
||Cooldown: 7 seconds
|| Active: Olaf throws an axe to target location, dealing physical damage to units it passes through and slowing them for up to 2.5 seconds. The further the Axe flies, the longer the slow lasts, but it is never less than 1.5 seconds.
If Olaf picks up the axe, the ability's cooldown is reduced by 4.5 seconds.
| Physical Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+100% bonus)
| Slow: 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 / 55%
||Cost: 30 Mana
||Cooldown: 16 seconds
|| Active: For 6 seconds, Olaf gains bonus Life Steal and his Attack Speed is increased.
During this time, Olaf also receives 1% increased healing from all sources for every 2% of Health he is missing.
| Life Steal: 14 / 16 / 18 / 20 / 22%
| Attack Speed: 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80%
||Cost: 21 / 34.5 / 48 / 61.5 / 75 (+12% total) Health
||Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds
|| Active: Olaf ferociously swings his axes, dealing true damage to his target. This ability's cost is equal to 30% of the total damage dealt, but the cost is refunded if it kills the target.
Basic attacks low the cooldown of Reckless Swing by 1 second.
| True Damage: 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+40% total)
||Cost: No Cost
||Cooldown: 100 / 90 / 80 seconds
|| Passive: Olaf gains Armor and Magic Resist.
Active: Olaf removes all disables from himself and becomes immune to them for the next 6 seconds. Olaf also receives a Movement Speed bonus towards enemy champions for 1 second. During this time, Olaf loses the passive portion of Ragnarok and gains Attack Damage.
| Armor and Magic Resist : 20 / 30 / 40
| Movement Speed: 50 / 60 / 70%
| Attack Damage: 40 / 50 / 60
BASE ARMOR : [26.04] ⇒ 35
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE : [59.98] ⇒ 68
Q - Undertow
| BASE DAMAGE :
W lifesteal and R’s armor and magic resist increased.
Olaf’s a champion that has all the tools necessary to stick to targets and wreck faces in a big brawl, but there’s one problem: he’s dying too fast. Berserkers thrive in bloody combat, so we’re amping Olaf’s durability to tip the scales in his favor when he picks the right moment to go all-out (instead of falling flat).
W - Vicious Strikes
LIFESTEAL : [9/12/15/18/21%] ⇒ 14/16/18/20/22%
R - Ragnarok
PASSIVE ARMOR/MR : [10/20/30] ⇒ 20/30/40
In a world without mana potions (and generally less early mana regeneration), we've identified a few champions for some emergency rations, giving early mana boosts until they can get their footing and purchase items to make up the deficit. This also means we can really understand which champions relied on mana potions as a crutch to limp through the early to mid game, and we can give additional love if necessary.
- The following champs have +50 base mana and -3 mana scaling (net -1 mana at level 18):
- "True to his viking origins, Ragnarok's double-edged sword of offense vs. defense paints an interesting decision point for Olaf players. The trade-offs become much less clear the further he falls behind, creating an uphill battle through waves of sustained damage and crowd control to even land a hit in. Adding a speed boost doesn't solve all of Olaf's problems, but it'll help him close the gap on mispositioned targets, forcing them between Ragnarok and a hard place."
- R - Ragnarok
- [NEW] FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROK : Now grants 50/60/70% bonus Movement Speed towards enemies for 1 second
Olaf can use R more often at lower levels, and W's healing amp works better with missing health
- "Olaf hasn't had the best time adapting to the evolving game (especially losing out on a lot of cooldown reduction + health items), so he's getting a few buffs to keep up."
- Q - Undertow
8 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds
- W - Vicious Strikes
- HEALING AMPLIFICATION
+1% healing per 2.5% missing health ⇒ +1% healing per 2% missing health
- R - Ragnarok
120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 100/90/80 seconds
- Q – Undertow
- Slow reduced to 29/33/37/41/45% (from 35/40/45/50/55%)
25/11/2013 Gameplay Hotfix
- Fixed a bug where Olaf could circumvent healthy gameplay AGAIN by dropping a ward after using Undertow to create new axes that both do damage and reduce Undertow’s cooldown
Summary: Undertow’s slow duration has been increased and its mana cost changed to a flat cost. Vicious Strikes grants more attack speed at lower levels. Reckless Swing deals slightly less self-damage to Olaf on use.
Context: We were overly cautious with our initial rework changes for Olaf, which left him undertuned, but not Old and Busted. However, now that we’ve addressed some of his old core issues, we feel like we can be more aggressive with tweaking his kit balance. These changes are focused on allowing Olaf to better stick to his opponents when he’s landing his skillshots properly, which will, in turn, allow him to better melt face when he’s in the zone.
- Slow duration increased to 1.5 - 2.5 seconds (from 1.0 to 2.0)
- Mana cost changed to 60 (from 55/60/65/70/75)
- Vicious Strikes
- Attack Speed increased to 40/50/60/70/80% (from 20/35/50/65/80%)
- Reckless Swing
- Self-damage reduced to 30% damage dealt (from 40% damage dealt)
Summary: Olaf's kit has been significantly overhauled, with changes to each of his skills and new opportunities for counterplay, particularly when the Berserker gets ahead. In terms of major alterations, we've given Undertow a minimum throw distance and a reduced slow duration, but increased its slow amount and removed the slow decay to compensate. Vicious Strikes no longer provides attack damage or spell vamp, but instead increases Olaf's attack speed and grants bonus healing based on Olaf's missing health . Next up is Reckless Swing. We've reduced its base damage and increased the cooldown, but given the ability an attack damage ratio and allowed basic attacks to lower its cooldown. Finally, we've added a passive armor and magic resistance bonus to Ragnarok, and made it so that activating the ult converts the defensive bonuses into attack damage. Ragnarok's crowd control immunity has been retained.
Context: Old and Busted Olaf circumvented a lot of healthy interactions within the game when played well. When he got ahead, Old and Busted Olaf had everything at his disposal to take out opponents with no opportunity for counterplay, including a permanent slow (when used correctly), crowd control immunity and significant true damage while building tanky. Our core goal with these changes is to create more gameplay interaction with New Hotness Olaf so that players can react and play smart against him even if he gets ahead. We realize that these changes are fairly drastic so, as ever, we'll closely monitor how he performs over the coming days and weeks.
- Base mana reduced to 235 (from 270)
- Base damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 (from 80/125/170/215/260)
- Slow percent increased to 35/40/45/50/55% (from 24/28/32/36/40%)
- Slow duration reduced to 1-2 seconds based on distance traveled (from 2.5 seconds flat)
- Slow no longer decays
- Minimum distance added (400)
- Axes now stick in walls and structures only if they would land in impassible terrain
- Axes now make jungle monsters ignore unit collision (to better enable Olaf's axe pickup play in the jungle)
- Mana cost reduced to 30 (from 40/45/50/55/60)
- Now grants 20/35/50/65/80% attack speed
- Now provides 1% extra healing for every 2.5% health that Olaf is missing
- Attack damage removed
- Spellvamp removed
- Lifesteal retained
- Cooldown increased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds (from 9/8/7/6/5)
- Damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 (from 100/160/220/280/340)
- 0.4 total attack damage ratio added
- Health cost is equal to 40% of total damage dealt (unchanged ratio)
- Health cost is now refunded if it kills the target
- Basic attacks lower the cooldown of Reckless Swing by 1 second
- Cooldown changed to 120/100/80 (from 100)
- Mana cost removed
- Now provides 10/20/30 armor and magic resist passively
- Active reworked: now removes the bonus armor and magic resist passive and grants 40/60/80 bonus attack damage while active
- Olaf now turns red when Ragnarok is active
- Crowd control immunity retained
- Reckless Swing
- Can be cast at any health value, but will not reduce health below 1
- Slow now fades over the duration
- Vicious Strikes
- Cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 12
- No longer passively grants bonus armor penetration
- Now only grants bonus armor penetration while active
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Reckless Swing cooldown increased to 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds from 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 /4
- Updated Ragnarok's buff tooltip to reflect it now grants Armor and Magic Resist instead of flat damage reduction.
- Axe Throw
- Damage increased to 80-260 from 50-210
- Scaling changed to +1.0 bonus AD from +0.5 total AD
- Base cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 10
- Cooldown reduction for picking up the axe reduced to 4.5 seconds from 6
- Ragnarok now provides 30 / 45 / 60 Armor and Magic Resist instead of 20 / 30 / 40 flat damage reduction
- Movement Speed increased to 325 from 320
- Olaf is now immune to blinds and silences while Ragnarok is active
- Undertow missile speed increased to 1600 from 1500
- Now breaks crowd control effects upon activation
- Duration adjusted to 6 seconds at all ranks from 5 / 6.5 / 8
- Base armor increased to 20 from 17
- Reckless Swing mana cost reduced to 0 from 50 (health cost remains)
- Fixed a bug where Ragnarok was reducing true damage
- Fixed a bug where Undertow could hit the same target twice
- Fixed a bug where Undertow could not deal damage to the same target within 1 second of the previous hit
- Vicious Strikes
- Health scaling increased to 1% from 0.5%
- Base damage reduced to 7 / 14 / 21 / 28 / 35 from 10 / 17 / 24 / 31 / 38
- Undertow now deals physical damage instead of magic damage
- Vicious Strikes
- Health scaling changed to 0.5% at all levels from 0.3 / 0.6 / 0.9 / 1.2 / 1.5%
- Base damage changed to 10 / 17 / 24 / 31 / 38 from 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36
- Ragnarok damage reduction reduced to 20 / 30 / 40 from 25 / 45 / 65
- Undertow slow percent increased to 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 / 40 from 16 / 22 / 28 / 34 / 40
- Ragnarok now displays "Cannot be Disabled!" when it blocks a debuff
Chinese Login Screen