Orianna - The Lady of Clockwork
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Real Name:||Orianna Reveck|
|HP Regen:||6.87 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||40.368 (+2.6)|
|Attack Speed:||0.658 (+3.5%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
Orianna, The Lady of Clockwork is a ranged support mage who is often played as an AP carry. Orianna excels at zoning during the laning phase as her abilities affect the location of her Ball. She is capable of assisting her team's initiator by using Command: Protect to position her ball and Command: Shockwave before the enemy team can scatter. As a result, she has relatively good team composition synergy with Malphite and Maokai. Orianna is commonly played in mid lane, but may also be played as a support.
|Lore:||ianna is a technical marvel comprised entirely of clockwork, but it was not always so - she was once a girl of flesh and blood. As a young child in Piltover, Orianna fell ill, and her dying organs were replaced with elaborate prosthetics until she became the first fully mechanized person. Her closest companion is the mechanical ball she created to serve as her protector and friend. Introspective and curious about her place in the world, Orianna seeks her true purpose.
Growing up in a wealthy district of Piltover, Orianna was sheltered from the cruelties and injustices of the outside world by her father, renowned inventor Corin Reveck. His elaborate designs were so beautifully detailed that even those without a medical need sought his clockwork and mechanically powered augmentations. Patrons swore his work had an uncannily lifelike quality, as if he wove magic into his creations amongst the cogs and gears.
| “When a moth emerges from its chrysalis, does it remember its life as a caterpillar?” ”
- Orianna, the Lady of the Clockwork
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 World Championship||0||3||0||3||0||21.4|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||7||7||4||3||57.1||93.3|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||9||5||4||55.6||31|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||4||3||1||75||30.8|
|2014 International Wild Card Tournament||1||5||4||1||80||50|
Q ball travelling speed increased. W and R will fire only when the ball stops moving.
We're happy with Orianna's reliability and skill timings, but we want to make it more clear and understandable to her enemies when her skills will happen. It’s important to note that if W and R are buffered during the ball’s travel time, only the last cast will occur when the ball arrives its destination.
- MISSILE SPEED:
- RESONANCE: If buffered, will fire at the destination when the ball has stopped moving
- SEISMIC: If buffered, will fire at the destination when the ball has stopped moving
- The gems on Dark Star Orianna's ball no longer disappear when moving the camera away and back on lower graphics settings
W base damage decreased, buffer range with Q decreased. E shield decreased.
Orianna's strong laning phase and mid-game trades make her the best option when compared to other generalist mages. We want her to be picked for her unique properties rather than because she can brute-force everybody out through trades.
- BASE DAMAGE:
- BUFFERED CAST RANGE: While The Ball is moving from Q - Command: Attack, Orianna can queue up Command: Dissonance if The Ball is within
275⇒ 75 units of Q’s target location. Spell queueing attempts from a greater distance are ignored.
- WHAT?: Orianna has to wait to press W until The Ball is closer to Q’s target location.
- BASE SHIELD:
- GAME-BREAKING BUG: E’s damage is unchanged, so the “75%” figure written in the tooltip is incorrect. Trust the actual damage values listed!
- Winter Wonder Orianna’s recall poros have been dusted off and now use updated textures.
- Restored custom audio effects for Heartseeker Orianna's basic abilities
- Gothic Orianna's model textures no longer change slightly depending on whether she's currently holding The Ball or not
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
The Ball no longer returns to Orianna if the target it’s attached to dies.
The one-liner below is a one-stop ‘fix’ to a few bugs that occurred when an ally holding the Ball died (more specifically, when the Ball returned to Orianna immediately after). Unintended benefit of ditching the bugged mechanic entirely: one less case of accidentally ulting yourself!
- STAY!: If an ally dies while holding the Ball, it now drops in place rather than returning to Orianna
- Fixed a bug on Winter Wonder Orianna where poros wouldn't have shadows during her recall animation. Soulless.
We’re reverting a bug we introduced that allowed Orianna to chain her abilities in a way that was too hard to react to. While this is a power-down for Orianna’s maximum overall potential, she’s powerful enough that we’re not looking to compensate right now. (It also helps avoid confusing Orianna players!)
Q mana cost down at early ranks.
Orianna’s often heralded as one of the most balanced champions in League, but struggles in average play despite this. We’re not looking to increase Ori’s power for pro players significantly (like Faker needs the help), but easing up on the cost of her core ability positioning ability (say that three times fast) should go a long way.
- Orianna's E - Command: Protect bonus resistances are now properly multiplied by Windspeaker's Blessing
Patch Notes 5.11
R's lock-out on snapping back to Orianna slightly increased.
"Before y'all get into a fit about Orianna being nerfed, this one's actually pretty simple: this increased cooldown only affects Shockwave when the ball returns to Ori as a result of out-ranging it, meaning you're less likely to accidentally ult on top of yourself when you don't mean to. When casting Command: Protect on yourself (or simply walking over the ball to pick it up), there's no change. Huzzah! Context!"
Patch Notes 4.14
"Although we really like Orianna's complexity and high skill potential, she's often seen as a very reliable - and safe - choice for any team who needs a well-rounded mage. These changes are to give Ori's lane opponents a little more breathing room (especially melee) against her as she winds up for the mid to late game."
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE:
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE:
- Command: Protect
- Orianna now gains a passive range indicator that shows the range at which The Ball will return to her when attached to an allied Champion.
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Attack range is now 525 at all times
- Command: Attack ability power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
- Command: Shockwave now stuns enemies that were in the middle of a movement skill
- Global spell cooldown reduced to 0.15 seconds from 0.5
- Clockwork Windup
- Base damage adjusted to 10-50 from 5-30
- Damage amplification per stack increased to 20% from 15%
- Maximum stacks reduced to 2 from 3
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.15 from 0.2
- Command: Attack
- Missile speed reduced to 1,200 from 1,275
- Cooldown reduced at later ranks to 6 / 5.25 / 4.5 / 3.75 / 3 seconds from 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 seconds
- Damage reduced to 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 from 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.4 from 0.6
- The Ball now responds faster to Dissonance and Shockwave commands
- Command: Dissonance ability power increased to 0.7 from 0.5
- Command: Protect
- Cast range increased by 100
- Ball leash range is increased by 100 when attached to an allied champion
- The Ball will now respond faster to Dissonance and Shockwave commands
- Command: Shockwave
- Cast time increased to 0.5 seconds from 0.4
- No longer stuns units for longer than the duration of the movement
- If The Ball forcibly leashes back to Orianna, Command: Shockwave will go on a brief cooldown if it is ready
- Command: Attack mana cost reduced to 50 at all levels from 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70
- Now has improved targeting displays for her spells.
- Base mana regen increased to 7 per 5 seconds from 4.5 per 5 seconds.
- Mana regen per level increased to 0.5 per 5 seconds from 0.45 per 5 seconds
- Command: Attack cast range increased to 825 from 800
- Basic attack range increased to 525 from 500
- Basic attack range reduced to 500 from 550
- Command: Attack
- Cast range reduced to 800 from 900
- Mana cost increased to 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 from 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60
- Command: Dissonance base damage reduced to 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 from 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270
- Command: Protect shield ability power ratio reduced to 0.4 from 0.6
- Fixed a bug with Command: Shockwave dealing extra damage at ranks 11 and 16
- Command: Dissonance
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.5 from 0.6
- Movement speed slow and boost reduced to 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% from 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45%
- Clockwork Windup
- Fixed a display error on the tooltip
- Fixed a bug which was causing it to add less damage than intended
- Fixed a bug with Command: Protect that was causing the shield particle to not display
- Fixed several interactions with cones or unusual movement types