We've gone through the types of ability procs in the game and fixed a few inconsistencies. Now, the ability procs split into roughly three main categories: on-ability-hit, DoT & AoE, and pet damage. This work is pretty under-the-hood for the most part, but there are three major changes that'll ensure our proc systems feel more consistent moving forward.
First, we've unified all on-ability-hit procs. Now, if something activates an on-ability-hit proc for one thing, it should proc all the other items and runes that do the same thing. This expands the number of abilities that can proc any of these items/runes.
For DoT and AoE effects, many abilities which fall into both camps were previously labeled as either one or the other. We went through and made sure those abilities are now properly marked as both.
Lastly, we're making pets consistent. Moving forward, all pet attacks will share the same proc behavior. Currently, that means that all effects which proc on-ability-hit (ex. Liandry's, Rylai's, Luden's) now proc off all pet attacks too. This opens the door for effects that'll proc on-ability-hit but not on pet attacks (or the other way around), but if we cross that bridge, we'll do so consistently for all pets.
Below is the list of abilities we directly changed to fit into one of these categories:
Combination DoT & AoE Abilities
Effects that treat DoT and AoE effects differently will go with the more restrictive classification.
- Alistar's Trample
- Anivia's Glacial Storm
- Fiddlesticks' Crowstorm
- Jayce's Lightning Field
- Katarina's Death Lotus
- Kennen's Slicing Maelstrom
- Lucian's The Culling
- Miss Fortune's Bullet Time
- Mordekaiser's Harvester of Sorrow
- Morgana's Tormented Shadow
- Nasus's Fury of the Sands
- Rammus' Tremors
- Renekton's Dominus
- Rumble's The Equalizer
- Shyvana's Burnout
- Vel'Koz's Life Form Disintegration Ray
- Wukong's Cyclone
The pets listed below have been changed to all proc the same effects. (Again, that currently means all on-ability-hit effects.) Quick sidenote: Champion clones aren't pets.
- Elise's Spiderlings
- Shaco's Jack in the Boxes
- Zyra's Plants
- Mordekaiser's Dragon Ghost (also classified as an AoE effect)
- Heimerdinger's Turrets (turret lasers, ult turret shots, and ult turret lasers are classified as AoE effects, too)
- Malzahar's Voidlings (also classified as basic attacks for dodge purposes)
- Yorick's Ghouls (also classified as basic attacks for dodge purposes)
- Annie's Tibbers swipes (also classified as basic attacks for dodge purposes). The fire aura is classified as an ability hit and an AoE effect.
- Ivern's Daisy (also classified as basic attacks for dodge purposes). The big slam is classified as an ability hit and an AoE effect.
VIKTOR'S SIPHON POWER : Empowered attack portion now activates on-ability-hit procs
GUARDIAN'S HORN (ARAM ITEM) : Damage reduction now behaves consistently against all DoT abilities
SUMMON: AERY : Should now proc consistently off everything except non-ability DoTs such as Corrupting Potion, Scorch, and other items, runes, and buffs
YASUO'S STEEL TEMPEST : Secondary targets hit are now accounted for by runes
YASUO'S SWEEPING BLADE TO STEEL TEMPEST : Secondary targets hit are now accounted for by runes