|Name:||Chae Gwang-jin (채광진)|
|Country of Birth:||South Korea|
|Birthday:||February 4, 1994|
|Team:|| Clutch Gaming |
Clutch Gaming Academy
|Soloqueue IDs:||SKT T1 Piglet, Creative Self, Maniaque, Crs Piglet (NA), 1k2o1ko12ko12ko1 (NA), Liquid Piglet (NA), Icarrynp (NA)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Chae "Piglet" Gwang-jin first joined SK Telecom T1 #2 in February 2013 as a rookie player from soloqueue. He was part of a team built around Faker, with Impact, bengi, and PoohManDu rounding out the roster. The team's first tournament together was OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 where the team found immediate success. They placed third after losing 3-1 to MVP Ozone but they beat CJ Entus Frost 3-0 in the third place match. SKT1 2's sister team, SK Telecom T1 1 was dropped from the organization so Impact's team was renamed to just SK Telecom T1. Next, they attended HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013, this time managing to qualify for the finals. They were pitted against the KT Rolster Bullets and even went down 2-0 initially in the set but they managed to bring it back and win the tournament with a 3-2 victory. This win earned them enough circuit points to qualify for the Season 3 Korea Regional Finals. They were automatically seeded into the finals where they faced the Bullets once again, this time taking them down 3-1 to qualify for the Season 3 World Championship as the third seed from Korea. SKT went 7-1 in their group, only dropping a game to OMG and was put against the Gamania Bears in the quarterfinals. They quickly dispatched the bears 2-0 and then went onto play a close set against NaJin Black Sword that they eventually won 3-2. The finals saw SKT playing against the Chinese Royal Club. Royal was no match for SKT and the set ended with a quick 3-0 and the crowning of SK Telecom as the Season 3 World Champions. A month later, the team was renamed to SK Telecom T1 K. Piglet also received the Best AD Carry title at the 2013 Korea e-Sports Awards. Piglet became known for being a very proud player, and rivalries formed between himself and both imp and Deft, the AD carries from the Samsung teams.
SK Telecom continued their streak of domination at PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014. In an unprecedented show of strength, SKT managed to sweep the entirety of the tournament, culminating in a 3-0 victory over Samsung Galaxy Ozone. This is widely considered to be the most impressive feat achieved by any team as OGN is thought to have the highest level of competition in League of Legends. However, HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 began the steady decline of SKT K as a team. They were upset in the group stages by the KT Rolster Arrows and barely scraped through to playoffs. They then met Samsung Ozone in the quarterfinals and were swiftly beaten 3-1. Due to having the most circuit points in Korea, they were invited to participate in All-Star Paris 2014. After winning 6 games in a row, they 3-0'd OMG to take the tournament without dropping a game. They came back to Korea for HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 but fell in the quarterfinals again with a 3-1 loss to Samsung White. SKT was forced to play a tiebreaker against Samsung White to determine who would go to the 2014 Season World Championship as the second seed from Korea. White was too strong for SKT, quickly sweeping them 3-0. SKT was knocked into the finals of the gauntlet where they faced a red hot NaJin White Shield that took out the former World Champions 3-1.
In September 2014, both Piglet and PoohManDu were released from the SK Telecom organization. Shortly after, Piglet received an offer to join Team Curse, which he accepted. He remained with the team through their transition to Team Liquid.
Due to visa issues, Piglet was unable to play in the first week of the NA LCS 2015 Spring Split, and so Keith was used as a substitute. However, the team went 2-0 with Keith and then a combined 2-4 in weeks 2, 3, and 4, and going into the fifth week Piglet was moved to be the substitute AD carry, while Keith became the team's starter. Piglet returned to the starting roster for week 7 and stayed with the team for the rest of the split. The team ended with a 9-9 record and qualified for the NA LCS Spring Playoffs with the sixth seed after defeating Team 8 in a tiebreaker game. In the playoffs, Liquid beat Counter Logic Gaming 3-0 in the quarterfinals before falling to Cloud9 3-2 in the semifinals; in the third-place match, Liquid finally broke the "fourth-place curse" that stopped them from placing higher than fourth place in any event that had persisted since they were Team Curse and took down Team Impulse 3-2.
Team Liquid stuck with the same five-man roster with Piglet as the starting AD carry for the entirety of the NA LCS 2015 Summer Split, and they finished the round robin in first place after winning a tiebreaker match over Counter Logic Gaming - the first team other than Team SoloMid or Cloud9 to place first in an NA LCS round robin. However, in the NA LCS Summer Playoffs, they lost immediately in the semifinals to TSM, making them also the first team to finish first in an NA LCS round robin but not make the playoff finals. A CLG victory over TSM in the playoff finals sent Team Liquid to the 2015 Season North America Regional Finals instead of giving them a direct seed to Worlds via Championship Points, and in the gauntlet they lost to underdogs Cloud9, ending their post-season abruptly.
Despite a rumor that Piglet was to leave Team Liquid in the preseason, he remained with the organization, and it was his support Xpecial who departed instead. Xpecial was replaced first by Smoothie and later by Matt partway through the LCS spring split.
Team Liquid finished fourth in the regular season, going on to defeat NRG in the quarterfinals before losing a narrow five-game series to CLG (the eventual champions). In the fifth game, Piglet was caught out in mid lane by a double-teleport from both Darshan and Huhi at the same time to the same ward and died. While Liquid were already behind in that game, it was this play that sealed the win for their opponents. In the third-place series against the tournament-favorite Immortals who had been knocked down in an upset by TSM, Liquid lost once again, this time 0-3, to finish the playoffs in fourth place overall, continuing the team's "fourth-place curse."
- Prior to the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 finals he had a 26-2 record on female champions in professional play, while only a 4-7 record on male champions. He still maintains a higher winning record on female champions compared to male champions. 
- Known for his micro while playing Vayne.
- Almost left SKT T1 because his coach kkOma scolded him so much
- Considered Pray as the best AD carry player as of September 2013 while he uses Cleanse because he was inspried by Cpt. Jack's incredible performances with it
- Says his first happiest moment of his life is when he joined SKT T1, his second happiest moment of his life was when SKT T1 won OGN Summer 2013.
- On SK Telecom T1 K, would wear Winnie the Pooh socks on game days because they help him win (due to his partnership with retired player PoohManDu)
- Sleeps for 4 - 5 hours a day and practices 15 - 16 hours a day earning himself the nickname of "Practice Worm"
- Clashed with his family a lot before/and the starting point of his pro gaming career and eventually lied to his parents that he quit and would sneak out and practice at PC bangs(rooms/ PC Cafe)
- Known for his conservative playstyle and excellent positioning.
- Didn't use masteries in his first game with Team Liquid in the NA LCS.
- At the start of his pro gaming career, he played StarCraft: Brood War as a semipro Zerg player under the ID of Technick as part of the NEO.G clan and still occasionally streams Brood War.
- Has a twin sister who works as a hair stylist in South Korea.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- July 29, Piglet: "I'm not afraid of Team Liquid. I want to see what Impact can throw at us." with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- January 22, Piglet: 'I'm the best right now, especially in NA' with ESPN
- February 16, Piglet on four years in NA and leaning toward retirement with Slingshot
- February 23, Piglet: "I want to play against Bang or Deft, but then I have to go to Worlds" with Blitz Esports
- June 6, Interview with TL Piglet, and his open letter to his teammates with Inven Global
- June 15, Piglet: “Maybe it’s because I am doing what I (love) that I am so competitive or hate to lose. I think happiness comes from that.” with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- March 16, Piglet: "Our team is the strongest team in NA right now so I think we can win it all" with theScore Esports
- April 3, TL Matt on NRG: "We expected a closer series. But we were let down." with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- April 5, TL Piglet and NRG Impact discuss their rivalry and TL's playoff chances with Yahoo!
- April 8, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Piglet vs. Stixxay with theScore
- June 18, [phoenix1-lcs-kind-disheartening Team Liquid's Piglet: 'Seeing Phoenix1 in the LCS is kind of disheartening'] with ESPN
- August 6, Piglet returns to Korea, unsure of what his League future holds with Yahoo!
- December 15, Piglet on staying with Liquid: “When I heard that they were bringing in (Reignover), that solidified my decision.” translated on Slingshot
- May 31, Travis Interviews Piglet and Fenix while Fenix Translates with GameSpot
- May 9, Piglet and PoohManDu fight through Day One of All-Stars (video) with onGamers
- May 9, Piglet responds to Doublelift's comments - says he could beat him with one hand (video) with onGamers
- October 22, Meet the New Team Curse ADC Piglet with Team Curse
- October 30, Beyond the Rift with Piglet with Cooler Master
- November 20, #OnaQuest with Chae "Piglet" Gwang-jin - Team Curse (video) with QuestGaming
- December 17, [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ffq5G3eu78 Piglet
- April 12, SKT ‘피글렛’ 채광진, 공격적인 라인전을 기대하라! (Korean) with FOMOS
- August 5, "지난 시즌 결승에 자극받았다." SK텔레콤 T1 'Piglet' 채광진 선수 인터뷰 (Korean) with Inven / English translation with TeamLiquid
- September 9, Cloth5 Interview with SKT T1 AD Carry Piglet (video) with Cloth5
- September 18, LolKing's S3 Worlds Coverage - Interview with Piglet (Chae Gwang-jin) (video) with LolKing
- September 21, SKTT1 Piglett talks about SKT's performance by day 5 (video) with GameSpot
- September 25, Piglet: Champions of Korea (video) with Machinima
- September 28, Season 3 Worlds - Semifinals Day 1 Interview - SKT T1's Piglet (video) with Leaguepedia
- November 20, quick week 1 vlog (Korean)
- February 23, Piglet: "I want to play against Bang or Deft, but then I have to go to Worlds" with Blitz Esports
- February 4, Piglet's journey from Solo Queue star to veteran carry by Cassandra Requine Marshall on LoL Esports
- April 4, Piglet: The best AD carry in the NA LCS by Tim "Magic" Sevenhuysen on TheScore
- May 16, Piglet: “I still think I’m the best ADC, and when playing against LCK ADCs, I don’t fall behind.” Translated on Slingshot
- May 17, Piglet: “I feel like I won’t ever beat a Korean team while being on a foreign one.” Translated on Slingshot
- February 2 - Player Cards - Team Liquid by Gold Per 10
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- No results found
- Result of 2013 Korean e-Sports Awardsinven.com.kr
- LCS News: Piglet moved to starting roster for Week 7 teamliquidpro.com
- Piglet and Team Liquid part ways dailydot.com
- Team Liquid's Tweet twitter.com
- [OGN Summer] The Finals: SKT T1 vs. KT Bullets teamliquid.net
- Piglet not using Masteries in C9 vs. TL? reddit.com