|Country of Birth:||Venezuela|
|Birthday:||November 25, 1991|
|Soloqueue IDs:||Crs Quas, gg Quas, nwe Quas, Dr Quas, Liquid Quas|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Quas started out on the team New World Eclipse, where he played in the top lane from May 2013 to September 2013. On September 14, Quas joined the reformed ggLA, taking the position of top laner with KOR Kez as jungle, Bischu in the mid lane, otter as AD Carry, and NydusHerMain as support. He played with them up until October 14 when he left to take the position of solo laner for Team Curse, to play in the top lane while occasionally switching with Voyboy to play mid.
Prior to the start of the spring LCS split, Team Curse merged with the Team Liquid organization and rebranded under the name Team Liquid. After a few swaps between Keith and Piglet as their AD carry, the team ended the season with a 9-9 record and qualified for playoffs with the sixth seed after defeating Team 8 in a tiebreaker game. During the split, Quas showcased his deep champion pool, with 13 different picks and wins on 9 of them. In the playoffs, Liquid beat CLG 3-0 in the quarterfinals before falling to Cloud9 3-2 in the semifinals; in the third-place match, Liquid finally broke the "fourth-place curse" that stopped them from placing higher than fourth place in any event that had persisted since they were Team Curse and took down Team Impulse 3-2.
Team Liquid finished the summer split round robin in first place after winning a tiebreaker match over Counter Logic Gaming - the first team other than TSM or Cloud9 to place first in an NA LCS round robin. However, in the playoffs, they lost immediately in the semifinals to TSM, making them also the first team to finish first in an NA LCS round robin but not make the playoff finals. A CLG victory over TSM in the playoff finals sent Team Liquid to the regional finals instead of giving them a direct seed to Worlds via Championship Points, and in the gauntlet they lost to underdogs Cloud9, ending their post-season abruptly.
In April 2016, Quas came out of retirement for the spring split to join NRG eSports, as part of a rebuilt roster including himself, KiWiKiD, Santorin, and Ohq along with GBM from the team's spring run. The roster proved unsuccessful, and NRG were consistently in eighth place week after week in the summer split until they fell to ninth in week 9. In the promotion tournament, they lost first to Cloud9 Challenger and then to Echo Fox in back-to-back 3-0 sweeps and were relegated to the NACS. Quas left the team shortly afterwards.
- Has become known for strong mechanics and one of the rising stars in the amateur NA scene.
- Is an advocate of playing Vayne in the top lane.
- June 14, Scarra and Quas break down the Illaoi and Vayne comp and why new teams should play Maokai with theScore
- June 24, NRG Quas 20 Questions with HyperX
- January 30, Ask the Pros: Team Liquid's Quas with LoL Esports
- February 7, NA LCS 2015: Quas "I really like the meta right now...you can play anything top lane." (video) with SK Gaming
- June 2, NA LCS 2015: Quas - "When I came back to practice [from Hawaii] I was so motivated and still am." with SK Gaming
- July 14, Quas on Fenix & Format Changes: "I Would Really Like a Best of 2 or Best of 3" with GameSpot
- June 19, NA LCS 2015: Quas - "Being first place is actually really insane for us" with SK Gaming
- July 21, Interview with Team Liquid's Quas - Smite, Champ Picks, and Playoffs with Team Dignitas
- July 27, Quas on Team Liquid's first place finish and who he expects to face in the playoffs with theScore
- June 29, Quas talks about final moments in their match against Team complexity (video) with onGamers
- August 2, Team Curse Quas: This match was really easy for me” (video) with Azubu
- August 24, Team Curse Quas & Cop: Wards & Shrimp Sox (video) with Azubu
- August 29, Team Curse Quas, IWillDominate & xpecial - Team Curse's PAX Prime Day 1 Experience (video) with Azubu
- October 24, I am Diego "Quas" Ruiz, Top Laner for Team Curse. AMA! with Reddit
- November 16, The Inner League - Diego "Quas" Ruiz - Episode 4 with LolKing
- November 19, Curse Five for Five: Quas with Team Curse
- December 30, Interview With Curse’s Quas with Cloth5
- June 13, Quas on returning to the LCS: “When I left the scene, I wasn’t planning on coming back immediately.” by Vince Nairn on Slingshot
- May 23, The unlikely story of a 23-year-old Venezuelan who makes 6 figures playing video games in America from Business Insider
- February 2, Player Cards - Team Liquid by Gold Per 10
- September 17, Team Liquid | Vlog 03 - Visas, Top Lane, and Worlds by HTC
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- No results found