We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Renekton - The Butcher of the Sands
|HP Regen:||6.7 (+0.75)|
|Attack Damage:||53.12 (+3.1)|
|Attack Speed:||0.665 (+2.65%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||Renekton is a terrifying, rage-fueled Ascended being from the scorched deserts of Shurima. Once, he was his empire’s most esteemed warrior, leading the armies of Shurima to countless victories. However, after the empire’s fall, Renekton was entombed beneath the sands, and slowly, as the world turned and changed, he succumbed to insanity. Now free once more, he is utterly consumed with finding and killing his brother, Nasus, who he blames, in his madness, for the centuries he spent in darkness.
Renekton was born to fight. From a young age he was constantly getting into vicious brawls. He had no fear, and was able to hold his own against much older children. It was often pride that led to these confrontations, as Renekton was unable to back down, or let any insult pass. Every evening, he came home with cuts and fresh bruises, and while his more scholarly older brother, Nasus, disapproved of his street-fighting, Renekton relished it.
| "Blood and vengeance."
- Renekton, the Butcher of the Sands
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2015 World Championship||3||6||4||2||66.7||12.3|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||1||1||0||100||7.1|
|2014 International Wild Card Tournament||0||1||0||1||0||8.3|
|2014 LNL Summer||0||1||0||1||0||1.8|
|2014 EU LCS Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.8|
Over the past two patches, we made a bunch of changes to Renekton’s underlying code to address a bunch of longstanding bugs and make him easier to work on in the future. Unfortunately, that work created a number of other issues which, in some respects, have left him worse off than he started. We’re rolling both sets of changes back.
Cleanin’ up even more stuff.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Ruthless Predator’s lockout time was shorter than intended (0.525 seconds instead of 0.75)
- BUGFIX: Fury-empowered casts no longer generate Fury
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where, when casting Ruthless Predator and queueing either Cull the Meek or Dice while at 100 Fury, the queued ability would sometimes not be empowered or consume Fury
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice’s ranges were shorter than intended (400 instead of 450)
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice’s dash speeds were slower than intended (650 instead of 750)
- PREMEDITATION: Renekton no longer ignores inputs during his ability’s cast times. Once an ability has completed, he’ll move on to the next queued action.
- CONSOLIDATION: Various buffs and timers tracked in the buff bar (ex. remaining time to cast Dice) are now tracked on their respective ability icons instead
- BUGFIX: Renekton’s first attack when (re)entering combat now properly grants the full 5 Fury
- BUGFIX: Cull the Meek’s range now properly scales with all size-modifying effects, not just Dominus
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Cull the Meek wasn’t hitting Invisible units
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Renekton could basic attack at the same time as Cull the Meek’s damage was dealt
- BUGFIX: Fixed a timing issue that could inconsistently cause Slice and Dice to not hit enemies Renekton passes through
- BUGFIX: No longer deals an extra tick of damage on-cast
Damage per second up at early levels. Gives fury on cast.
Historically, Renekton has served as a bar for top lane; if you can't handle his strong early game, you probably don't belong on the unforgiving island. However, Dominus isn't providing the level 6 power spike he needs to generate kill pressure or an enduring minion lead. We're pushing more power into Dominus's early ranks to restore everybody’s healthy fear of the crocodile.
30/60/120 per second⇒ 40/80/120 per second
- YOU MAD BRO?: Gains 20 Fury on cast
- Fixed a bug where Renekton's W - Ruthless Predator sometimes wasn't applying the proper number of Black Cleaver stacks
E generates less fury on minions, but you can now gain fury on first cast. R has more health early.
Once heralded as the preeminent lane bully, Renekton’s struggled to keep up with the top tops as the seasons progress. When we last saw Renekton’s reign of anger, teams were picking him as the one champion that could reliability ‘do it all’, giving equal parts damage, defense and crowd-control to anyone that needed it. Not wanting to reinstate Renekton as the go-to top lane generalist, we’re looking at his ability to secure advantages via skirmishes and laning prowess to really drive home his identity as the early-game croc on the block.
stay where you are
- HEY COME BACK: Fixed a bug where targets hit by Ruthless Predator wouldn't be stunned if they managed to flash in time
W has more range and self-stuns for less when empowered.
These days Renekton's looking more like his old lane-dominant self than a pair of shoes, but that doesn't mean he couldn't use some polish around the edges. We're increasing the usability of Ruthless Predator both as basic-attack reset and a powerful CC tool so his trades can feel as weighty as they should without going too far in either direction.
Reign of Anger decays twice as fast, but Q, W, and E both generate more fury when hitting champions. Cull the Meek heals based on the number of champions hit rather than raw converting damage dealt to health.
All hail the fallen king of fighters - Renekton was once the Titan of Top Lane, now pushed to the wayside by armor-stacking tanks able to weather his onslaught. To solve some of his issues without giving him the throne back, our top investiGators put fury under the microscope as well as tuning up Cull the Meek's healing.
Fury as a mechanic is designed to give Renekton a way to scale meaningfully through combat, but currently falls a little flat, often just auto-winning trades due to its generation via minions. As of 5.1], Renekton gains more Fury while fighting champions (along with new bonuses to Fury on Ruthless Predator/Dice!) but gains far less for mindlessly shoving minion waves. This keeps Renekton's strengths when fighting 1v1 (god forbid the 1v2 or 1v3) but gives more rest between his fury-charged trades while on the losing end of the lane.
Lastly, we've changed Cull the Meek to heal based on the number of champions hit rather than calculating the heal after mitigation occurs. This keeps Cull the Meek as a competitive option in the later stages of the game after the enemy team starts stacking armor which, in turn, provides a massive boost to Renekton's survivability in teamfights.There a lot of gross numbers below, but the short of it is: +Fury hitting champs, -Fury hitting minions, +Healing on champs. King Croc is back - long may he reign. In anger (that's his passive.)
- Passive - Reign of Anger
- FURY DECAY RATE:
2 fury per second⇒ 4 fury per second
- FURY DECAY RATE:
- Q - Cull the Meek
- HEALING VS MINIONS:
5% of damage dealt⇒ 3/4.5/6/7.5/9 (+0.04 bonus ATTACK DAMAGE)
- HEALING VS MINIONS (EMPOWERED):
10% damage⇒ 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 (+0.08 bonus ATTACK DAMAGE)
- HEALING VS CHAMPIONS:
20% damage⇒ 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 (+0.12 bonus ATTACK DAMAGE)
- HEALING VS CHAMPIONS (EMPOWERED):
40% damage⇒ 27/40.5/54/67.5/81 (+0.24 bonus ATTACK DAMAGE)
- FURY GENERATION ON NON-CHAMPION HIT:
5 per target⇒ 2.5 per target
- FURY GENERATION ON CHAMPION HIT:
5 per target⇒ 10 per target
- HEALING VS MINIONS:
- W - Ruthless Predator
- FURY GENERATION BONUS VS CHAMPIONS: 10 fury
- E - Dice
- FURY GENERATION ON NON-CHAMPION HIT: 2.5 fury per target
- FURY GENERATION ON CHAMPION HIT: 10 fury per target
Dominus' health bonus and AoE magic damage are lower in early ranks and higher at later ranks.
While we're very aware of the high strength Renekton brings to the lane, we're tackling his strengths carefully over time. Dominus was the best ability to look at first, because its high strength was giving the croc an almost guaranteed lane win once he hit level 6. This change also lets Renekton scale a little better into the late game so his early advantages can be built on.
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Slice and Dice armor reduction increased at later ranks to 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% from 15 / 17.5 / 20 / 22.5 / 25%
- Cull the Meek's fury-enhanced swipe trail is now properly red
- Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice was only reducing the target's base armor rather than total armor
- Cull the Meek's heal is no longer reduced if the damage is shielded
- Fixed a bug where damage absorbed by a shield wouldn't mark Renekton as in combat
- Cull the Meek
- Heal reduced to 5% from 7.5%
- Fury heal reduced to 10% from 15%
- Slice and Dice
- Damage reduced to 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 from 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165
- Attack damage ratio increased to 0.9 from 0.6
- Cooldown adjusted to 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 from 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 12
- Dominus damage reduced to 40 / 70 / 100 from 50 / 75 / 100
- Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice would remember your order after casting, causing him to move toward previous locations
- Cull the Meek
- Cooldown changed to 8 seconds from 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8
- Base damage increased to 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 from 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160
- Attack damage ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.6
- Healing reduced to 7.5% from 15% (Fury-enhanced heal unaffected)
- Champion healing increased to 4x from 3x
- Ruthless Predator cooldown reduced to 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 from 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10
- Slice and Dice armor reduction changed to 15 / 17.5 / 20 / 22.5 / 25% form 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
- Health per level increased to 87 from 82
- Base health increased to 513 from 508
- Armor per level increased to 3.8 from 3.2
- Base armor increased to 19 from 17.2
- Fixed a bug where Renekton was gaining bonus attack damage while wounded