Combine and total cost increased.
Historically, it’s been a concern whenever an initiation item is cost-effective as a rush item, because it allows a team which is ahead to force fights and get more ahead. Righteous Glory is starting to hit that point, so we’re bringing its price point up slightly to make it less efficient and come slightly later in the game.
TOTAL COST :  ⇒ 2650 gold
COMBINE COST :  ⇒ 1100 gold
Now builds out of Glacial Shroud instead of Catalyst of Aeons. Slow nova now cannot be triggered manually, and automatically triggers once near an enemy champion.
Catalyst of the Aeons - thanks to its eternity passive - is a good item for champions who want long, extended fights where they can make the most of its mana/health restore capabilities. On the other hand, Righteous Glory is for champions who want to start a fight now. This mix of explosive and drawn out strengths is making Righteous Glory a bit too strong at everything, so we’re removing the Catalyst from its recipe and replacing it with Glacial Shroud. Separately, we’re also adding more counterplay to its active to help make it feel more fair to play against.
RECIPE : Crystalline Bracer + [Catalyst of Aeons + 750 gold] ⇒ Glacial Shroud + 950 gold
HEALTH :  ⇒ 400
COOLDOWN REDUCTION 10%
UNIQUE PASSIVE No longer grants Catalyst of Aeon’s Eternity passive
UNIQUE ACTIVE Slow nova now automatically triggers if an enemy champion is within close proximity
UNIQUE ACTIVE Slow nova can no longer be manually triggered early
Health restore on mana spend decreased.
We’re not going to repeat ourselves. Scroll up to the other sections!
PERCENT MANA TO HEALTH CONVERSION : [0.25] ⇒ 0.2
No longer speeds up allies. Active speed amount and duration increased.
In its current incarnation, Righteous Glory presents us with a few balancing troubles. When it’s too strong, it replaces traditional initiation and warps the environment to be ‘who are the best carriers of Righteous Glory and why aren’t you playing them?’ We’re removing that consideration altogether and really pushing its synergies with individual champions. It’ll be easier than ever for Righteous Glory users to run down fleeing targets, but they'll need more clever coordination than just ‘run as-in-straight-line’ to start off a chaotic brawl.
ETERNITY UNIQUE Passive - 15% of damage taken from champions is gained as Mana. Spending mana restores 25% of mana spent as Health, up to 25 health per cast (Toggle spells heal for up to 25 per second).
ASSEMBLE Active no longer speeds up allies
ACTIVE MOVEMENT SPEED : [60%] ⇒ 75%
ACTIVE HASTE DURATION : [3 seconds] ⇒ 4 seconds
ACTIVE SLOW : [80%] ⇒ 75%
ACTIVE SLOW DURATION : [1 second] ⇒ 2 seconds
TOTAL cost : [2400 gold] ⇒ 2600 gold
BUILD path : Catalyst the Protector + Crystalline Bracer + 750 gold
Costs less, but loses the catalyst passive on upgrade.
Further differentiating between Catalyst’s different build paths while introducing a trade-off for upgrading Righteous Glory as a first item. The lowered cost should make it easier to upgrade when you want it (and supports don’t mind it getting cheaper), but as a first item Righteous Glory be a tough choice between wanting the initiation power or continued laning safety.
TOTAL COST : [2500 gold] ⇒ 2400 gold
FOR GLORY Loses 'Valor's Reward' (catalyst's level-up passive) upon upgrading
Health down, cooldown up.
- "Way back in patch 5.5 we bumped the cost efficiency of Righteous Glory up because we wanted to get this item in more games so players could witness its strategic effectiveness. In the process, however, we made Righteous Glory just a little too efficient for pro games that could take full advantage of its core strengths.
- For our ambitions (because saying goals every time gets tiring): we still think this item is an effective buy when your team lacks hard engage, but we don't want it to be a default "buy-me-every-day" kind of purchase as it's skewing everything to hard engage. "
- HEALTH :
600 ⇒ 500
- COOLDOWN :
60 seconds ⇒ 90 seconds
- "We went a liiiiitttle overboard with this last time, so we're tuning back just a tiny bit. "
- GLORIOUS STRUCTURES : Fixed a bug where you wouldn't get the active movement speed running towards turrets and capture points
- "This item is actually very close to a healthy spot. We're just pushing it a little further so getting it earlier in the game improves its synergy with the new Cinderhulk enchantment. "
Righteous Glory (NEW)
Chase down those pesky disengage comps! Righteous Glory is a new item that gives a lot of health, mana, regeneration, and an active that gives movement speed to its user and allies when moving toward the enemy or enemy turrets. After a few seconds, it sends out a large slowing shockwave.
- "We don't have many items that enable teams to capitalize on strategic initiations, which means if a team doesn't have initiation baked into their composition, they're usually in for a frustrating time. Given that one of our big goals this season was to offer strategic opportunities for teams beyond champ select, it seemed natural to create a strong initiation item. This allows teams to react more fluidly against disengage comps while also enabling hard engagement strategies without being forced to bring Malphite along for the ride (not that we have anything against Malphite). "
- RECIPE : Catalyst the Protector + Crystalline Bracer + 700 gold
- TOTAL COST : 2500 gold
- HEALTH : 500
- HEALTH REGENERATION : +100% base health regeneration
- UNIQUE PASSIVE : Valor's Reward - Upon leveling up, restores 150 health and 200 mana over 8 seconds
- UNIQUE ACTIVE : Grants +60% Movement Speed to nearby allies when moving towards enemies or enemy turrets for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, a shockwave is emitted, slowing nearby enemy champion Movement Speed by 80% for 1 second. This effect may be reactivated early to instantly release the shockwave.