|Name||Song Eui-jin (송의진)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||March 11, 1997 (age 22)|
|Soloqueue IDs||스코슈, 가소롭군닝겐쿠쿡, wpldklg04, 누우운사람|
|Social Media & Links|
Song "Rookie" Eui-jin (Hangul: 송의진) is the mid laner for Invictus Gaming.
Rookie (also stylized RooKie and RooKiE) joined KT Rolster Arrows as a mid laner, originally with the name Most 3. This new KTA team played their inaugural OGN in HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014. They managed to upset SK Telecom T1 K in the group stage and made it to the quarterfinals but they lost 3-1 to CJ Entus Blaze. HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 was KTA's breakthrough season, upsetting Samsung Blue 3-2 in the finals to win the OGN Championship. KTA managed to qualify for the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals but they lost 3-0 to NaJin White Shield in the second round. Rookie left the Arrows in October to join Invictus Gaming in December alongside his teammate from KTA, KaKAO.
RooKie played in his first full tournament with the team during the 2015 Demacia Cup Spring Season where they managed to make the finals but lost 3-0 to EDward Gaming. IG placed fifth in the 2015 LPL Spring Regular Season but placed third in the 2015 LPL Spring Playoffs after losing 3-0 to EDG in the semifinals but beating Snake eSports 3-1 in the third place match. In the 2015 Demacia Cup Summer Season, IG placed fourth by making it to the semifinals but losing 3-1 to EDG and then 3-2 to Snake. IG placed third in the 2015 LPL Summer Regular Season and managed to play third in the 2015 LPL Summer Playoffs by losing 3-2 to the Qiao Gu Reapers but beating EDG 3-1. IG qualified for the 2015 Season China Regional Finals and placed second by beating Qiao Gu 3-0 to take the third and final Chinese seed for the 2015 Season World Championship. IG was placed in a group alongside Cloud9, Fnatic, and AHQ e-Sports Club. Unfortunately, they ended with a 2-4 record and were knocked out of the tournament in last place.
The 2016 season was fairly straightforward for IG. The team placed 4th in the 2016 LPL Spring Season with an 8-8 record. They were quickly knocked out of playoffs in the first round after getting swept 0-3 by Snake Esports. The summer season was identical to the spring one for IG since they finished in 4th again with a 5-11 record. The summer playoffs also had the same result and IG were knocked out in the first round again by getting swept by I May.
Invictus Gaming finished 3rd in Group A of the 2017 LPL Spring Season with an 8-8 record. They would then drop out in the first round of the playoffs with a 1-3 loss to Newbee. IG participated in the 2017 Demacia Cup and finished 3rd after a 1-3 loss to I May in the semifinals. Their summer season was similar to their spring season and they finished 3rd with a 10-6 record. They did much better in the playoffs and finished 3rd with a victory over Team WE in the third place match. IG then participated in the 2017 Season China Regional Finals but failed to make it to Worlds after Team WE got their revenge against them and beat them 3-2.
Rookie and iG kick-started their season with a 3rd place finish in the Demacia Championship, losing 2-1 to Snake Esports in the loser's semifinal. Just two weeks later saw the start of the LPL Spring Season. Despite a regular season series record of 18-1, with their only loss being against Royal Never Give Up, this did not translate into success in the Spring Playoffs. Invictus Gaming were defeated 3-2 by RNG in the semifinals, this being followed by a 3-1 loss at the hands of Rogue Warriors in the 3rd place match. Although their performance could be considered a disappointment, their placement secured them a spot at Rift Rivals 2018.
A 3rd place finish in the Demacia Cup, this time losing to Bilibili Gaming in the loser's semifinal, was followed by a successful showing at Rift Rivals. Rookie and the team won both of their group stage games, helping the LPL to an eventual triumph over the LCK in the final. Invictus Gaming once again achieved an 18-1 regular season record in the LPL Summer Season, their sole loss again to RNG. Despite the similarity of the year's regular season performances, a successful showing in the Summer Playoffs, finishing runner-up to Royal Never Give Up after a tight 3-2 series, resulted in the team's qualification to the 2018 Season World Championship on points.
Invictus Gaming was placed in Group D for Worlds 2018, alongside Fnatic, 100 Thieves, and G-Rex. The group stage round robin concluded with iG and Fnatic tied for 1st place at 5-1. The tiebreaker went in the favor of Fnatic, resulting in Rookie and the team being drawn against KT Rolster in the quarterfinals. A tense affair saw iG emerge victorious 3-2 and progress to the semifinals where they met G2 Esports. A more straightforward 3-0 series secured them a place in the finals. Awaiting their challenge were Group D counterparts, Fnatic. Invictus Gaming's convincing performance in the finals resulted in a 3-0 victory, and made them the first Chinese team to win a World Championship.
- Nicknamed "Faker Junior" since his debut for having large champion pool and incredible mechanics .
- Voted to represent LPL in 2015 All Stars.
- Regarded by many analysts and casters as top 3 mid laner in the world in S5.
- Known for his Orianna and Yasuo.
- Speaks Chinese fluently and considered himself as the best Chinese language proficiency among the Korean pros.
- A very good singer, can sing in Chinese as well.
- Reached 1000 Kills in the LPL in March, 2017.
- Reached 1500 Kills in the LPL on July 18, 2018.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
Rookie 1v1 Tournament Results Date Pl Event Prize Team Last Result 2018-12-08 3 - 4 All-Star 2018 Las Vegas LPL 1 : 2 Pabu 2015-12-13 9 - 16 All-Star 2015 Los Angeles Ice 0 : 1 LeX
- July 6, IG Rookie on His Eternal Idol, Faker: His Respect for the Player, the Change in Faker's Playstyle and His Tears with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, Woo "Ready" Hyun, and Changsik "Alle" Son on Inven Global
- October 10, IG Rookie on Why LPL Is Dominating, His World Championship Goal, and Tips for Other Import Players with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Sihoon "Maloo" Lee, Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- October 13, Rookie explains IG's meme about everyone stealing Jackeylove's penta with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 31, IG Rookie: “Korea is my home country and the LCK is my league, so I might return to it one day.” with Slingshot Esports
- December 13, RooKie on iG's future: 'if each person does his job...we're a team that can really excel' with theScore
- December 14, Rookie on All Stars, Learning Chinese, and a Special English Message to His Fans with onGamers
- September 13, Rookie heads to Worlds as China’s undisputed MVP by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- October 25, Almost Winners by Kien Lam on LoL Esports
- October 31, With one more victory at Worlds, Rookie can bring glory to his adopted homeland by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- November 1, 10 great plays from Caps and Rookie to hype you up before Worlds finals by Aaron Mickunas on Dot Esports
- November 1, A marquee match in mid lane: Caps vs. Rookie by Emily Rand on ESPN
- November 9, Fnatic may have lost, but here are five reasons why LCS fans should be happy Invictus won Worlds by Aaron Mickunas on Dot Esports
- December 20, From 'Rookie' to world champion and everything in between by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- December 27, Faker vs. Rookie is the worlds showdown we all want to see by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- August 10, Rookie and the rookies: Invictus Gaming makes a bid for worlds contention with Kelsey Moser for Slingshot Esports
- October 4, IG vs AHQ - Rookie and Kakao Interview with Twitch
- October 5, RooKie on iG: 'even though we got our first win today, I'm really worried for the three games that are about to come' with theScore
- July 2, A RooKie no longer from LoL Esports
- November 18, True LoL Show EP.17 - KaKAO, Rookie from OGN Global
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.