Rylai's Crystal Scepter
+75 Ability Power
|Passive:||UNIQUE:Damaging spells and abilities reduce enemy Movement Speed by 20% for 1 second.|
is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Common item for casters, useful as the slow helps to chase enemy or escape from enemy
- This item is a great value of survivability and damage for casters, such as Rumble and Brand, and its passive works wonderfully with Liandry's Torment. The combination is almost always deadly.
- Defense > Health
- Magic > Ability Power
- Rylai is the name of the hero Crystal Maiden in DotA. Rylai specialized in using ice-based crowd control abilities to stun or slow her opponents. The icon for the Crystal Scepter is almost identical to the icon for the Crystal Maiden's Brilliance Aura ability.
Single target and area-effect spells no longer cause a stronger slow. Cost and stats decreased.
Rylai’s has become a go-to item for
AP bruisers utility mages AP assassins every mage. There’s nothing wrong with popular items, but when that item gives survivability and utility, it artificially decreases class variance, making characters more similar in their capabilities. We want Rylai’s to be purchased for its repeatable slow, not because it’s an optimal stat-stick. While that means toning its health and AP down to make it less generically appealing to mages, we also want the slow to be less attractive to mages who can’t reapply it consistently. We know this shift affects some champions more heavily than others, but we’d rather help those champs become less reliant on Rylai’s with future changes than tiptoe around the problems with Rylai’s itself.
BUILD PATH : [Needlessly Large Rod + Amplifying Tome + Giant's Belt + 515 gold] ⇒ Blasting Wand + Amplifying Tome + Ruby Crystal + 915 gold
TOTAL COST :  ⇒ 2600 gold
HEALTH :  ⇒ 300
ABILITY POWER :  ⇒ 75
SLOW : 20% for 1 second in all cases
TOTAL cost : [3000 gold] ⇒ 3200 gold
BUILD path : Needlessly Large Rod + Amplifying Tome + Giant's Belt + 515 gold
Cost increased. Recipe now includes Needlessly Large Rod over Blasting Wand. Slowing effect is stronger across the board, especially for AoE spells. Summoned minions now slow on-hit.
- "It's important to note that we're doing these Rylai's changes in conjunction with our slow stacking change above. We'll wait as you read that first.
- Alright. So Rylai's.
- Truth be told, this thing's going to be pretty strong. We're really opening up the space for slow applications, so mages who enjoy playing zone-control will have a field day with this. Here's to hoping some cool experimentation comes forward.
- P.S. If a spell fits in more than one category, chances are high it'll use the weaker slow."
- COST :
2900 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
- ABILITY POWER : 100 (unchanged)
- HEALTH : 400 (unchanged)
- RECIPE CHANGE :
Giant's Belt + Blasting Wand + Amplifying Tome + 605 gold ⇒ Giant's Belt + Needlessly Large Rod + Amplifying Tome + 715 gold
- SINGLE TARGET SLOW :
35% ⇒ 40%
- AREA OF EFFECT SLOW (INSTANT) :
15% ⇒ 40%
- DAMAGE OVER TIME OR MULTI-HIT SLOW :
15% for 1.5 seconds ⇒ 20% for 1 second
- [NEW] I CHOOSE YOU : Summoned minions (e.g. Mordekaiser's R - Children of the Grave, Annie's R - Summon: Tibbers) now slow on-hit 20% for 1 second
- [NEW] CRYSTAL CLEAR : New particle added
AP UP, HEALTH DOWN!
- "A small increase on Rylai's overall slot efficiency as an offensively oriented control item."
- ABILITY POWER
80 ⇒ 100
500 ⇒ 400
- Slow duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2
- Updated the tooltip to reflect slow information for single target and damage-over-time slows
- Slow duration increased to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds
- It will now trigger on dealing non-periodic Spell Damage, instead of spell hit. This means that spells like Destiny or Time Warp, which previously triggered the effect, won’t anymore; however, Rupture will now slow on dealing damage instead of on the initial cast, Powerball will now trigger the effect when you hit units, etc.
- Slows from items will no longer stack. The largest slow will take effect until the duration wears, then the next largest slow will take effect if it's still active
- Single target slow reduced to 35% from 40%
- Health/ability power, now causes single target spells to slow by 40% for 1.5 seconds (15% for multi-target spells)
- Removed the internal 6 second cooldown
- Increased proc window from 4 seconds to 6
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter added
|Featured Game Modes Specific|