Sejuani - The Winter's Wrath
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||7.25 (+0.85)|
|Mana Regen:||6.45 (+0.45)|
|Attack Damage:||56 (+3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+3%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||Sejuani was weaned on hardship and reared on barbarity. Where others succumbed to the harshness of the Freljord, she was tempered by it until pain became power, hunger an encouragement, and frost an ally in culling the weak. Through her ordeals, she learned that to thrive in the endless winter, one must become just as cold and unforgiving. In Sejuani's eyes, her followers either have the mettle to endure or the right to die. Once she has conquered the Freljord, she knows that those who survive will form a nation to be feared.
As a child, the leader of the Winter's Claw watched her tribe's numbers slowly dwindle. Cold and starvation took all but the most resilient. She was the only one of her siblings to survive to her tenth year, leaving Sejuani sure that she too would die in misery. In desperation, she sought spiritual counsel from her tribe's mystic. But the seer did not foretell Sejuani's death. Instead, she prophesized that Sejuani would one day conquer and unite the divided tribes of the Freljord.
Armored with absolute faith in her destiny, Sejuani pushed herself to extremes that would have killed anyone without her will to endure. She walked into blizzards without food or furs and trained while frigid winds raked her flesh. She clashed with the strongest warriors of her tribe, one after another, until her legs gave out beneath her. When she assumed leadership of her tribe, Sejuani commanded her warriors to follow her example. Under her rule, the tribe grew stronger than they had ever been.
In the end, it was an offer of peace - rather than an act of war - that began Sejuani's campaign of conquest. On the first day of winter, envoys from Ashe's tribe approached Sejuani's camp bearing a gift of Avarosan grain. Ashe's intent was clear: if Sejuani united with her tribe, the Winter's Claw would never go hungry again. To Sejuani, the gift was an insult. In Ashe's tribe, she saw men and women, slight and soft, who preferred to farm instead of fight. Her contempt for them was absolute.
Sejuani gathered her people and set the grain alight. She proclaimed that Ashe's offer of charity would bring only weakness. Stripping the envoys of their supplies, Sejuani sent them back with a message: the Winter's Claw would prove to the Avarosan that only the strong deserve to survive in the Freljord. As the grain burned behind them, Sejuani rode out with her warband to inflict the first of many painful lessons to come.
| "I was cut from the ice, shaped in the storms, hardened in the cold."
- Sejuani, the Winter's Wrath
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||2||2||0||100||14.3|
|2014 LPL Spring||0||1||0||1||0||0.7|
|2014 GPL Spring||0||2||1||1||50||2.2|
|2014 GPL Winter||2||5||3||2||60||8|
|Champions Summer 2013||0||4||1||3||25||5.1|
|EU LCS - Summer Season||0||8||3||5||37.5||6.8|
|Click [Show] for Additional Tournament Stats|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|NA LCS - Summer Season||2||6||3||3||50||7.1|
|Champions Spring 2013||0||1||0||1||0||1.1|
|2012 MLG Spring Championship||0||2||1||1||50||2.2|
- The second hit of Sejuani’s W - Winter’s Wrath no longer counts as a separate spellcast
- Fiora no longer purges Sejuani’s E - Permafrost stacks if she uses W - Riposte to parry an attack while at three stacks
Frost Armor grants fewer flat resistances at early levels.
Sejuani came out of the midseason gates more ferociously than we had intended. Her mid-patch follow up brought her much closer to an acceptable balance state but Frost Armor is still out of line in early game fights (particularly in lane). With these changes, the Fury of the North will still be tough while Frost Armor is up in the late game, but won’t be as overbearing in early scraps.
- FROST ARMOR FLAT RESISTANCES:
100 at all levels⇒ 20/60/100 at levels 1/7/14
- HITBOX: Shifted slightly to address instances where Sejuani collided with targets behind her
These changes mostly cancel each other out since Winter’s Wrath takes about a second to complete. Slight cooldown increase overall.
- COOLDOWN PARADIGM: Cooldown starts
on-cast⇒ once both swings are complete
10/9/8/7/6 seconds⇒ 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
Sejuani's hit the ground running harder than anticipated. We're tapping down some of her newfound strength.
NOTE: A few of the changes we want to make can't be done with the tools that ship quick balance fixes. Expect another update soon with adjustments to Frost Armor.
60 mana⇒ 80 mana
- FIRST HIT DAMAGE:
- SECOND HIT DAMAGE:
Sejuani's ult is in the running for one of the strongest abilities in the game, but that distinction comes at a cost. Her basic abilities have been kept in a watered-down state to allow Glacial Prison to shine. We're evening things out by converting some of Glacial Prison's power into more impactful things for Sej to do across the rest of her kit. (Real talk, her ult was so bonkers before that the trimmed-down version is still powerful in its own right.) In terms of what's new, we're keying into Sejuani's themes of Freljordian warleader and heavy cavalry. Frost Armor now augments her mount, Bristle, allowing Sejuani to charge into battle unfettered by slows. She calls melee allies to arms as she approaches the fray, empowering their strikes to render enemies vulnerable to Permafrost's point-and-click stun. With greater strength in her basic abilities, Sejuani’s the tank to pledge fealty to when your team prefers to get up close and personal with the enemy.
The Winter’s Wrath⇒ Fury of the North
- ICONS: Sejuani’s ability icons have been updated
- ABILITY VISUALS: Sejuani’s ability animations and visual effects have been updated
- ARMOR GROWTH STAT:
- ATTACK RANGE:
- ATTACK DAMAGE:
- ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT:
- ATTACK SPEED:
- ATTACK SPEED GROWTH STAT:
FROST ARMOR: After not taking damage for a while, Sejuani gains bonus resistances and slow immunity. Frost Armor briefly lingers after Sejuani takes damage.
- BONUS RESISTANCES: Frost Armor doubles Sejuani’s total resistances, then adds 100 additional bonus armor and magic resist
- BOAR MOBILITY: Sejuani is immune to slows while Frost Armor holds
- LINGER: 1/2/3 seconds (at levels 1/7/14)
- RECHARGE: Frost Armor recharges after 9 seconds of not taking damage
- ANTS: Damage from minions or small monsters neither breaks Frost Armor nor interrupts its recharge timer
ICEBREAKER: Enemies stunned by Sejuani are frozen, causing her first spell or attack against them to deal bonus damage.
- DAMAGE: 10/15/20% target’s maximum health (at levels 1/7/14)
- MONSTER DAMAGE: 400
80/85/90/95/100 mana⇒ 70/75/80/85/90 mana
15/14/13/12/11 seconds⇒ 13/12.5/12/11.5/11 seconds
80/125/170/215/260 (+0.4 ability power)⇒ 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.4 ability power)
- KNOCKUP DURATION:
~0.75 seconds⇒ 0.5 seconds
- Sejuani no longer knocks up enemies around the first target hit AREA KNOCKUP:
Sejuani swings her mace in an arc, then lashes out in a line. Both hits deal damage and apply Frost.
- COST: 60 mana
- COOLDOWN: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
- FIRST HIT: Deals 30/35/40/45/50 (+1.5% maximum health) damage in a cone, applying Frost and knocking back minions and monsters
- FIRST HIT DELAY: 0.25 seconds, starting on cast
- SECOND HIT: Deals 40/75/110/145/180 (+4.5% maximum health) damage in a line, applying Frost
- SECOND HIT DELAY: 0.75 seconds, starting after the first hit
- LIKE LUCIAN: Sejuani can move freely during Winter’s Wrath. Both swings will strike in the cast direction, but their hitboxes follow Sejuani’s movement.
E - Permafrost
- FROSTY STRIKES: Sejuani and nearby melee allies apply Frost with their basic attacks, stacking up to four times. Sejuani can cast Permafrost on enemies with max Frost stacks.
- COST: 20 mana
- COOLDOWN: 1.5 seconds
- PER-TARGET COOLDOWN: 10/9/8 seconds (at levels 1/7/14, matching Fury of the North’s breakpoints)
- DAMAGE: 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.3 ability power)
- STUN DURATION: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds
Sejuani throws her True Ice bola, damaging and stunning the first enemy champion hit. Bolas that travel before exploding are empowered.
- COST: 100 mana
130/115/100 seconds⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
- EMPOWER RANGE: Bolas are empowered after traveling 400 distance
- DAMAGE: 100/125/150 (+0.4 ability power)
- EMPOWERED DAMAGE: 150/250/350 (+0.8 ability power)
- STUN: 1 second, doubled for empowered bolas (triggers - but is not prevented by - Permafrost’s per-target stun cooldown)
Empowered bolas also leave behind an ice storm that explodes after a brief delay.
- STORM DURATION: 2 seconds
- STORM SLOW: 30% while targets are inside
- EXPLOSION DAMAGE: 150/250/350 (+0.8 ability power)
- EXPLOSION SLOW: 80% for 3 seconds
W animates faster. E deals more damage early.
Sejuani hasn’t been feeling like her teamfight-dominating self ever since Cinderhulk’s rise to prominence last season. Given how she’s fallen behind her beefy initiator brethren (like Amumu or Gragas), we’re boosting Sej’s performance in the earlier stages to bring her scrapping back up to a level befitting the barbarian queen.
Patch Notes 5.11
We're repeating ourselves, but this change is finally implemented from 5.10. W's on-hit bonus damage now deals less of the target's max health. "We're repeating ourselves, but this change is finally implemented from 5.10. Might as well copy paste that context again: for a tanky, crowd-control focused armor lady, Sejuani's dealing a whole boar-load of damage (sorry) in addition to her super disruptive glacial powers. Reducing some of that damage lets us focus Sej on what she does best - being a tanky, crowd-control focused armor lady (we just said that)."
Patch Notes 5.10
W's on-hit bonus damage now deals less of the target's max health. "Heads up: Due to a behind-the-scenes mistake, we only changed Sejuani's tooltip and not her actual in-game damage. In other words, no functional power change has been made but her tooltip will read otherwise. We're going to get this change into the next hotfix or the next patch. Sorry! For a tanky, crowd-control focused armor lady, Sejuani's dealing a whole boar-load of damage (sorry) in addition to her super disruptive glacial powers. Reducing some of that damage lets us focus Sej on what she does best - being a tanky, crowd-control focused armor lady (we just said that)."
Patch Notes 5.6
W damage down. R slows less when you fail to land the stun. "One of the scarier opponents in the jungle pre-Cinderhulk, the changes to the jungle in 5.5 benefited no one champion greater than Sejuani. While we're not strictly nerfing her ability to jungle, we're aiming to reduce her damage spike midgame which often comes before opponents can itemize properly, let alone contain her spree of sustained lockdown. Finally, we're putting a real penalty for missing your bolas, as in a lot of cases the Sejuani that managed to miss was rewarded with such a heavy slow that many teams would just get run over anyways."
Patch Notes 4.21
Sej has more base mana, Q no longer scales with max health but just does straight magic damage. W and E are more focused on consistent damage over time. "Winter is coming, and she's riding a boar. Sejuani hasn't been in the spotlight for some time, but in light of the updated jungle we figured we'd look back at some outliers. While Sej's far from the bottom of the ice-bucket, she's always suffered from not having incentives to stay in the fight compared to other tanks. Instead she just throws out her spells and then sits around waiting for them to recharge. Seizing the opportunity to improve this, a lot of Sejuani's damage has been shifted out of her up-front burst (Q) and instead shoved into the damage-over-time of her Flail and Permafrost, making her a more active threat in prolonged fights. Sometimes icy hearts just need warm smiles. Or buffs for the holidays. We're giving you both."
- BASE MANA:
- BASE MANA:
- Q - Arctic Assault
- "REMOVED" ENEMY HEALTH SCALING:
<s>Arctic Assault no longer scales with 4/6/8/10/12% of target's max health
40/70/100/130/160 magic damage⇒ 80/125/170/215/260 magic damage
- "REMOVED" ENEMY HEALTH SCALING:
- W - Flail of the Northern Winds
40 mana at all ranks⇒ 40/35/30/25/20 mana
- INITIAL HIT DAMAGE:
40/60/80/100/120 (0.3 ability power) magic damage⇒ 4/6/8/10/12% of target's max health (+3% per 100 ability power) in magic damage
- AREA OF EFFECT DAMAGE:
80/120/160/200/240 (+10% bonus health)⇒ 40/70/100/130/160 (+4/6/8/10/12% total health)
Patch Notes 3.08
Sejuani’s rework left her incredibly powerful in terms of overall damage and crowd control potential. We’ve tuned back some of those strengths to bring her more in line with other initiator tanks.
- Northern Winds
- Bonus maximum Health ratio reduced to 10% from 16%
- Reduced slow duration to 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds from 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3
- Glacial Prison
- Reduced stun and slow duration to 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 seconds from 1.5 / 1.75 / 2
- Frost Armor (Passive)
- Damaging an enemy with an ability or basic attack grants Sejuani bonus armor and reduces movement-slowing effects on her for a short duration
- Arctic Assault (Q)
- Sejuani charges forward, knocking enemies into the air and dealing magic damage to them based on their maximum health. The charge stops after knocking an enemy champion into the air
- Flail of the Northern Winds (W)
- Sejuani's next basic attack deals bonus magic damage to her target and all nearby enemies. She then spins her flail, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies for a few seconds
- Permafrost (E)
- Passive: Sejuani's abilities and basic attacks apply Frost to enemies
- Active: Sejuani damages and slows all nearby enemies afflicted with Frost
- Glacial Prison (Ultimate)
- Sejuani throws a frost-forged bola in a line. If the bola hits an enemy champion, it shatters, stunning the target and all nearby enemies. If the bola reaches its maximum range without striking an enemy champion, it shatters and slows nearby enemies
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Base Armor increased to 24 from 21
- Northern Winds duration increased to 6 seconds from 5
- Arctic Assault no longer stops when encountering created terran (ex:
Trundle's Pillar of Filth)
- Sejuani's run animation now changes according to her movement speed
- Arctic Assault mana cost reduced to 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 from 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110
- Glacial Prison cooldown reduced to 130 / 115 / 100 seconds from 150 / 130 / 110
- Fixed a bug where Glacial Prison did not detonate if Sejuani died