For the first 20 minutes, 1 Siege minion is spawned every three minion waves between the melee and ranged minions. After 20 minutes, Siege minions spawn once every 2 waves and from the 35th minute onward, Siege minions spawn every wave to accelerate the game pace by making pushing easier.
Every 90 seconds (4th wave) the minion waves will grow stronger, with every type of minion gaining different stats. Minions deal 50% increased damage to Turrets and deal about 40% reduced damage to enemy champions.
Modernizing minions to be in line with recent changes we've made on Summoner's Rift.
MINION RESISTANCES : Minions no longer gain resistances over time. Cannon minions no longer have base armor.
MINION HEALTH : Minion health gain over time has been increased to keep minions roughly as durable as when they had resistances.
LONG LIVE PURPLE : Minion, inhibitor and nexus models have been replaced with reskinned assets from the updated Summoner's Rift. We've kept the blue-purple color scheme since red doesn't fit Howling Abyss's thematics.
Not the most exciting patch note, but we're making some standardized changes to streamline and clarify how minions / turrets scale in the game. If you like clarity, these will be exciting. We like clarity.
MINIONS : Minions no longer gain armor or magic resistance over time.
MINIONS : Cannon minions no longer have base armor
MINIONS : All minion health gain over time has been increased to be roughly as durable as when they had resistances.
MORE CANNON MINIONS : [Cannon minions now start spawning every two waves at 35 minutes] ⇒ 20 minutes
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY : Cannon minions now start spawning every wave at 35 minutes
- Visual Update on Summoner's Rift map.
Minions becoming worth more experience over time creates a severe experience discrepancy between champions who can farm and split push late game compared to champions who are forced to siege or participate in objective control. We're removing this discrepancy because it causes the former to spike in levels and gives an unfair advantage. Since this could potentially create some snowballing consequences, we'll be keeping a close eye on this and could make further changes if necessary.
- Lane minions are no longer worth more experience based on game time.
In Season 3, we made a few changes that made turrets feel less like a safe haven for defenders – especially in the early parts of the game. Specifically, with turrets attacking minions in a set order and some champions itemizing for health earlier on, it’s become easier for teams to push aggressively and even dive turrets with low risk. These changes should give defending players more of a fighting chance when under their own turret.
- Siege Minions now take 70% damage from Turrets, increased from 50% damage
- Siege Minions now deal 150% damage to Turrets, reduced from 200% damage
- Base gold value increased to 40 from 27.
- Scaling gold value based on time increased to 1 from 0.5.
V22.214.171.124 March 9th Hotfix
- Cannon minions now spawn more frequently after 35 minutes, rather than 20 minutes
- Cannon and super minions now resist 50% again (reverted from 65%)
- Minions now deal 50% damage to turrets, down from 60% (previous to last patch on live was 40%)
- After 20 minutes, cannon minions now spawn every 2 waves (up from every 3 waves)
- Cannon minion armor and magic resist now increase 3 per 3 minutes (up from 2)
- Cannon minions and super minions now reduce turret damage by 65% (up from 50%)
- Fixed a tooltip bug "This unit receive..." with cannon minions and super minions
- Fixed a bug that caused purple Siege minions to deal and receive normal damage from towers.