Singed - The Mad Chemist
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||7.1 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||6.6 (+0.55)|
|Attack Damage:||56.65 (+3.375)|
|Attack Speed:||0.613 (+1.81%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||Singed descended from a long line of Zaun's revered chemists. Even in his youth, his talent for concocting potions far outstripped that of his peers, and he quickly distinguished himself from his less extraordinary chemist compatriots. It came as no surprise to anyone when he was selected for apprenticeship by the infamous Warwick, master apothecary on a lucrative retainer with the Noxian military during their campaign against Ionia. Within Warwick's laboratories, Singed toiled without end, rapidly absorbing every detail of his predecessor's deadly craft. Singed had little concern for the death and destruction that was the fruit of his labors. By the time the curse of lycanthropy descended to claim his master, Singed was poised and eager to make the transition from workhorse to innovator; he was ready to share his genius by bringing a new brand of suffering to the Ionian front. His zeal for progress was unquenchable, and when suitable test subjects proved to be in short supply, the eager chemist was often thought to turn his volatile mixtures on his own flesh.
Soon, he was barely even a man, his body both ruined and sustained by his ingenious craft. A thousand burns - accidents of shadow and flame - mar his ravaged form, and exposure to such harsh conditions has deadened his nerves, hardened his body, and strengthened his physique, transforming him into a veritable juggernaut. This, combined with a formidable arsenal of deadly concoctions, makes Singed a force to be reckoned with.
| "My deadliest dose shall bear my patron's name!"
- Singed, the Mad Chemist
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 World Championship||0||2||1||1||50||2.6|
|2014 LPL Summer Regular Season||1||0||0||0||0||0.9|
|2014 GPL Spring||0||1||1||0||100||1.1|
|2014 GPL Winter||0||2||1||1||50||2.3|
|Season 3 World Championship||1||5||3||2||60||9.5|
Q particles more clear, especially for colorblind players. R now grants stats faster.
Singed has shiny new abilities with his update, which means shiny new quality of life issues and bugs! We’ve fixed the ones who have come to light. We also hotfixed in a few balance-impacting changes partway through last patch, so if you haven’t seen those yet, feel free to make a quick detour.
- Poison Trail’s opacity has been adjusted for colorblind mode and various skins. Riot Singed’s Poison Trail visuals now properly change color when colorblind mode is activated. CLARITY:
- Singed now correctly receives stats instantly, as opposed to sometimes having up to 0.25 seconds delay. CHUG CHUG CHUG:
- Singed’s corpse no longer triggers his Passive - Noxious Slipstream. Because, you know, he’s dead.
- Multiple Singed’s in a game no longer reset each other’s cooldown on Passive - Noxious Slipstream.
New passive grants movement speed when passing by other champions. Base and scaling health increased. Q base damage down, AP scaling up. W now grounds enemies within it.
Singed isn’t on our VGU list for the near future, so we wanted to find opportunities to bring Singed’s existing abilities into 2017. The big issues we wanted to address: his build inflexibility and his struggles against slippery champions.
Empowered Bulwark meant that Singed relied on mana items for efficient durability. Instead, we’re giving him higher base durability and letting him itemize more freely. His new passive ensures Singed has the stickiness and closing power a growing melee champion needs.
While Noxious Slipstream should assist him in getting to opponents, Singed is still harshly countered by slippery champions. Mega Adhesive grounding those standing within it should give Singed more of a chance to get to those champions.Finally, we’re shifting Poison Trail’s damage from base values into scaling so Singed can feel good about building damage when snowballing, rather than always feeling best about Righteous Glory.
- BASE HEALTH:
- HEALTH GROWTH:
Empowered Bulwark⇒ Noxious Slipstream
- When Singed passes within 225 range of a champion, he drifts off of them, gaining 20% bonus movement speed for 2 seconds. This effect has a champion-unique 10 second cooldown. NOXIOUS SLIPSTREAM:
- Singed no longer gains health based on his maximum mana EMPOWERED BULWARK:
- BASE DAMAGE:
0.6 ability power⇒ 0.8 ability power
- Particle size increased to more clearly represent the poison’s area of effect MORE CLOUDY:
- BUGFIX: Poison trail no longer visually disappears when Singed leaves enemies’ vision
- AREA DURATION:
5 seconds⇒ 3 seconds
- Now grounds units within the Mega Adhesive puddle EXTRA STICKY:
35/45/55/65/75%⇒ 40% at all ranks
- Mega Adhesive’s slow no longer lingers for 1 second after enemies leave the puddle LINGER:
70/80/90/100/110 mana⇒ 60/70/80/90/100 mana
14 seconds at all ranks⇒ 17/16/15/14/13 seconds
100/110/120/130/140 mana⇒ 80/95/110/125/140 mana
150 mana⇒ 100 mana
- BONUS STATS:
7/13/2017 Balance Update
We're reducing Singed's durability since the movement speed from his new passive has added significantly to his survivability in skirmishes and fights.
- BASE HEALTH:
- HEALTH GROWTH:
- INSANITY POTION COOLDOWN:
100 seconds at all ranks⇒ 120/110/100 seconds
- * Singed’s Q - Poison Trail damage now increases as soon as he puts another skill point in it, rather than waiting until he toggles it off and on again
Poison ticks much faster but damage over time is unchanged.
This one’s pretty simple. A smoother tick rate makes Poison Trail’s payoff more consistently reflect how well Singed was able to outmaneuver his opponents (or how quickly opponents were able to escape).
- TICKS PER SECOND:
- DAMAGE PER SECOND: Unchanged
- A STICKY SITUATION: Fixed a bug where Mega Adhesive lasted 0.5 seconds longer than intended
- Snow Day Singed's recall audio is no longer global
Patch Notes 5.13
Singed now has Magic Resist that scales with level. E's root duration increased when flinging into Mega Adhesive. Now possesses the most powerful laugh in the game.
"5.13's changes to Singed are all about calling attention to a mechanic that's been under-utilised by a majority of players - namely, his Fling + Mega Adhesive combo. Upping the reward for execution this tricky play (and giving him some added defense to help pull it off) should make the veteran Singed players out there feel like they've got another powerful tool to show off their mixologist mastery on the rift. Don't let us undersell these changes, though. Better defenses and payoff sound great, but laughing while flinging is the biggest buff we've given a champion in the history of League of Legends. Shake well, my friends."
Patch Notes 5.7
E's monster cap wasn't factoring in E's base damage.
"Adding % damage to Fling last patch introduced a bug where the whole ability's damage was capped at 300 vs monsters instead of the %HP portion. Jungle Singed buffs!"
Patch Notes 5.6
E deals max health damage.
"Whether he's shaking up the toplane or stirring up a skirmish, every player knows what happens when you mix it up with an unstoppable Singed. That said, when he finds himself unable to dive into the enemy team's deep end, even the Mad Chemist needs a pick-me-up. This should let him flexibly fling fighters out of the fray when the fight's not in his favor."
Patch Notes 5.5
"It's called "Mega Adhesive," not "Adequate Adhesive." Fling in peace, summoners."
Patch Notes 4.19
STICK 'EM IN THE GOO! ... Also Insanity Potion gives more bonuses at rank 3. And Singed has been updated!
"Our initial context was to say, "Sometimes you just want to buff Singed, man," but then someone read it and said it wasn't very informative. So. Right now we like Singed and how he fits into the game, but thought we could give him some small, exciting buffs to stay interesting. For the "LONG PATCH NOTE" section, we'll reiterate: it's a neutral change, just that we've shifted the mini-stun on landing into the actual throw itself (this came from re-scripting Fling to fix the bug where Singed was occasionally tossing people in the completely wrong direction). Also, Singed has been updated! Check out the article if you want the full story, or below if you just want the specifics."
- VISUALS: Updated model and textures for base and all skins
- ICONS: New ability icons
- SPLASH: New base splash
- E - Fling
- "NEW" STAY WITH ME: If Singed Flings a target into Mega Adhesive Zone, they will be snared for 1 second
- FLIP FLOP: Fixed a bug where Singed would occasionally Fling his targets in completely wrong directions (we believe this is fixed for most cases, let us know if it keeps happening!)
- A LONG PATCH NOTE: Singed's arm is stronger, thereby letting him Fling targets higher into the sky for slightly longer durations. In exchange, targets will be able to move immediately after being flung. This is a net neutral change, as we basically took the mini-stun from Fling's landing and put it into duration of the Fling itself.
- Improved Singed's running animation
- Fixed a bug where Fling was dealing more damage than the tooltip values indicated
Patch Notes 3.04
Singed is intended to be incredibly durable and to gradually burn down his opponents in team fights. By making disables more effective against him and reducing his initial burst damage, Singed’s opponents now have more time and ways to deal with him in these situations.
- Damage reduced to 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 from 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.75 from 1.0
- Insanity Potion
- No longer reduces the duration of disables
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Now has new spell effects for all skins, with the exception of Riot Squad Singed which retains its unique Poison Trail spell effect
- Base Health increased to 487 from 448
- Fixed a bug where Insanity Potion was reducing the duration of blinds and silences by more than intended
- Insanity Potion now additionally reduces silences and blinds, but no longer allows Singed to walk through persistent slowing fields such as
Kog'Maw's Void Ooze when stacked with other disable duraiton reductions (ie: Tenacity)
- Poison Trail linger time reduced to 3.25 from 3.5
- Insanity Potion crowd control reduction lowered to 10 / 15 / 20% from 10 / 20 / 30%
- Attack range increased to 125 from 100
- Fling range increased to 125 from 100
- Insanity Potion
- Fixed a bug where the particle lasted longer than the buff
- No longer gives attack speed or attack damage, but now gives magic resist and crowd control reduction (10% / 20% / 30%)
- Armor per level decreased to 3.5 from 4.2
- Fixed a bug that was causing Poison Trail to have a 1 second cooldown upon activation
- Updated tooltips
- Updated Insanity Potion's tooltip
- Magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35
- Base health increased to 448 from 429
- Health per level increased to 82 from 78
- Mega Adhesive mana cost reduced to 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 from 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Fling cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 11.5
- Insanity Potion
- Cooldown reduced to 100 seconds form 120
- No longer has a cast time or animation
- Fling now deals damage at the start of the spell rather than when the target hits the ground
- Mega Adhesive cooldown reduced to 14 seconds from 15
- Fling cooldown reduced to 11.5 seconds from 12
- Insanity Potion now applies an additive attack speed boost rather than multiplicative
- Fixed a bug where the duration of Poison Trail damaging debuff was being affected by crowd control reduction effects
- Fling tooltip now shows mana cost per level
- Mega Adhesive tooltip now shows mana cost per level
- Added new Alternate attack animations
- Poison Trail damage increased from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 to 22 /34 / 46 / 58 / 70
- Insanity Potion's missing tooltip has been replaced
- Empowered Bulwark mana to health ratio reduced from 30% to 25%
- Insanity Potion stat bonuses modified from 30 / 50 / 70 to 35 / 50 / 65
- Mega Adhesive
- Increased slow percent from 30 / 42 / 54 / 66 / 78 to 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75
- Modified mana cost from 120 at all levels to 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Increased movement speed from 315 to 320
- Poison Trail is no longer subject to global cooldown
- Empowered Bulwark bug fixed which caused it to not work
- Poison Trail
- Increased mana cost per second from 10 to 13
- Poison Trail will now apply slightly in front of him while not moving
- Insanity Potion
- Reduced bonus stats from 30 / 55 / 80 to 30 / 50 / 70
- Reduced duration from 30 to 25 seconds
- Insanity Potion reduced bonus stats from 30 / 60 / 90 to 30 / 55 / 80
- Poison Trail ability power ratio increased from 0.2 to 0.3
- Poison Trail damage increased from 18 / 27 / 36 / 45 / 54 to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Increased movement speed from 310 to 315
- Increased armor gain per level from 3 to 3.5
- Increased armor from 14 to 18
- Increased armor from 7.75 to 14
- Increased armor per level from 2.25 to 3
- Reduced base health from 565 to 465
- Poison Trail damage per second reduced from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 to 18 / 26 / 36 / 45 / 54
- Mega Adhesive casting time reduced
- Modified the slow percent on Mega Adhesive from 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 to 30 / 42 / 54 / 66 / 78