Solo (Colin Earnest)
|Country of Birth:||United States|
|Birthday:||May 26, 1993|
|Other competitive IDs:||TheSoloKing|
|Soloqueue IDs:||C9 SoIo|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Solo joined Cloud9's new Challenger roster Cloud9 G2A along with Hard, Yusui, LOD, and Stixxay in January 2015. Under the name C9 Charlies Angels, they placed fifth in the ranked 5's ladder leading up to the NACS Spring 2015 qualifier. Following Stixxay's move to CLG.Black, Fade joined the team, replacing Stixxay as starting support. The team defeated Roar and then Team Confound to qualify for the season. However, prior to the start of the season, it was revealed that the team had used a ringer in their matches against Team Confound. As a result, Cloud9 Tempest were disqualified from participating in the NACS, and Team Confound took their place. Additionally, Solo and his teammates were all suspended from all Riot-sponsored League of Legends competition until the 2015 Summer Split. This ban was lifted at the end of March, allowing Solo and his Cloud9 Tempest teammates to play competitively starting on May 11.
Now unbanned, Cloud9 Tempest participated in the NACS Summer Qualifier, with nearly the same roster as they had competed with in the spring qualifier, except that LOD moved to AD carry, and Sheep joined. After their first two rounds, Yusui was temporarily banned for four weeks for purchasing botted accounts, and Jintae was used as a substitute for the finals against CLG Black, which the team won, successfully qualifying for the Summer Season.
The team finished with a 5-5 record and in fourth place. In the playoffs, they also finished fourth, after losses to Renegades and Team Imagine. They missed out on the Summer Promotion Tournament but retained an automatic seed into the NACS Spring 2016 Season.
Solo left Cloud9 and joined new Challenger team Ember for the 2016 season, when Ember acquired Cloud9's NACS seed. Ember finished second in the regular season, with a 3-1-1 record. Additionally, Solo substituted for Echo Fox in the LCS for multiple games when starting top laner kfo was unable to play due to visa problems. Due to jungler Contractz's ineligibility to play in the promotion tournament, Ember signed Santorin as a substitute starting with the NACS playoffs. They lost in the first round to Team Dragon Knights. After their failure to qualify for the LCS, Ember released all of their players except for Contractz, and Solo left the team.
Solo joined Team Liquid Academy in May. Although the team had decent performances in the NA CS, they lost 2-3 to Cloud9 Challenger in the 2016 NA CS Summer Playoffs. They failed to qualify for the NA LCS after a 2-3 loss to Echo Fox in the 2017 Spring Promotion Tournament. Solo left the team in November and in December joined Gold Coin United.
In both the Spring Season and Summer Season, Gold Coin United would finish in 2nd place right behind eUnited. However in each of their playoffs runs, they would finish in first place after 3-1 victories over eUnited. Although they had a chance to qualify for the LCS in the 2017 Summer Promotion, they would lose 2-3 to Team EnVyUs and failed to do so. Their second chance came in the 2018 Spring Promotion but they were again unable to do so after an 0-3 loss to eUnited in the Loser's Bracket. In October of 2017 Solo left Gold Coin United and joined the newly formed Clutch Gaming in December.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- February 8, Solo on community's skepticism and Clutch's rank: 'Come playoffs, we'll be able to beat any team" with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 23, CG Solo: “Echo Fox, Cloud9 and Team Liquid are the real top teams.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- February 25, CG Solo: "When a team starts to struggle, they either crumble or turn things around. It is kind of like a wake up call." with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- July 5, Solo: 'I think if we don't have any bad losses and get quality games we can make a run for first' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 18, Solo: “It’s been a while since league had a must ban champion, but Aatrox makes a case for it.” with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- Competitive Ruling: Cloud9 Tempest lolesports.com
- 2015 Mid-Year Long-Term Suspension Reviews lolesports.com
- Cloud9 to Hold Open Tryouts for Challenger Roster cloud9.gg
- Ember Roster and Staff Changes — March 2016 medium.com
- Team Liquid Academy brings on Goldenglue, Solo, Stunt, and Moon espn.go.com