| Background Information
|| Kim Chan-ho (김찬호)
| Country of Birth:
|| South Korea
|| July 3, 1996
|| 100 Thieves
| Favorite champions:
| Soloqueue IDs:
|| KT ssumday, Sorry, Ssumdayday (NA)
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
" Chan-ho (Hangul:
김찬호) is the top laner for 100 Thieves
Kim "Ssumday" Chan-ho was picked up by KT Rolster B on February 27th, 2013 to be their starting top laner. His first tournament was OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 where KT B lost in the quarterfinals 3-1 to MVP Ozone. After the tournament, KT B changed their name to the KT Bullets and ssumday was benched in favor of InSec, who was moved top to make room for KaKAO to rejoin the team. He remained on the Bullets as a sub until he was moved to the KT Rolster Arrows as their new starting top laner on October 7th, 2013.
The Arrows qualified for HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 where they upset SK Telecom T1 K to place first in their group. Unfortunately, they lost in the quarterfinals 3-1 to CJ Entus Blaze. The Arrows then attended HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 where they beat the favorites, Samsung Blue, 3-2 to win the tournament. Next, they attended the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals where they were swept in the second round by NaJin White Shield, narrowly missing Worlds.
With the changes to the OGN rules, the Arrows and the Bullets merged to create KT Rolster and ssumday was made the starting top laner. KT participated in SBENU Champions Spring 2015 and placed 5th, narrowly missing playoffs. KT placed second overall during the regular season of SBENU Champions Summer 2015. They made it to the finals of the playoffs but lost 3-0 to SK Telecom T1. KT earned enough circuit points to qualify for the 2015 Season Korea Regional Finals where they beat the Jin Air Green Wings 3-1 in the finals to qualify for the 2015 Season World Championship. KT was drawn into a group with LGD Gaming, Team SoloMid, and Origen. They ended with a 5-1 record and went on to play the KOO Tigers in the quarterfinals. Unfortunately, they lost 3-1 and were knocked out of the tournament.
KT played in the 2015 LoL KeSPA Cup where they lost 2-1 in the semifinals to CJ Entus.
During the LCK 2016 Spring Season, KT Rolster finished second place in the regular season with a 13-5 match record. Ssumday was second place in MVP voting with 1100 points behind Smeb. Their regular season placement earned them a bye into the semi-finals of the Spring Playoffs, where they faced SK Telecom T1. Unfortunately, they were swept 3-0, ending their spring split with a third place finish.
During the 2016 LCK Summer Split, KT Rolster claimed third place in the regular season with a 13-5 series record, losing to SK Telecom T1 based on game score. This seeded them into the 2nd round of the 2016 LCK Summer Playoffs, where they met Samsung Galaxy. KT had yet to drop a game to Samsung since the start of Season 5's LCK era, and this trend continued as they swept them 3-0. In the semifinals, they met SK Telecom T1 in the Telecom Wars, and this time they managed to reverse sweep them 3-2 to move onto the finals. In an epic set against the ROX Tigers, KT Rolster barely lost 3-2, losing out on Korea's first seed at Worlds, but giving them the highest seed for the Korea Regional Finals 2016. In a rematch against Samsung Galaxy where KT were heavily favored to make it out, Samsung managed to break a 19 game losing streak against KT to win the set 3-2 and take Korea's third seed, ending KT Rolster's season early. Ssumday left KT in November and in the next month he moved over to North America and joined Team Dignitas.
The 2017 NA LCS Spring Season started off poorly for them in the first three weeks as they only picked up one series win. The latter half of the season was good for them however and they finished the split 9-9 in 6th place. In the playoffs they lost 0-3 in the Quarterfinals to Phoenix1. The Summer Season was much better for the team and they finished 5th place after a very good first half to the season. In the playoffs Team Dignitas defeated Cloud9 3-1 in the Quarterfinals. Their playoff run was however put to a halt when they lost 1-3 to Team SoloMid in the Semifinals and 0-3 to Counter Logic Gaming in the third place match. In the 2017 Season North America Regional Finals Team Dignitas were swiftly eliminated after an 0-3 loss to FlyQuest. In November of 2017 Ssumday left the team after they were not accepted in the NA LCS franchising and joined 100 Thieves.
- Known for playing Tanks and Bruisers such as Renekton and Shen.
- Click here for a full list of pentakills.
- January 20th, Interview with Ssumday: "My personal goal is to get used to the NA region quickly." with Dignitas
- January 22nd, Dignitas Ssumday & Chaser: “We marked our debut in LCS and are ready to win our next match.” with Inven Global
- January 24th, Ssumday on the differences between the NA LCS and LCK with The Score
- February 10th, At home with Team Dignitas Ssumday and Chaser with Inven Global
- February 15th, Ssumday talks about his transition to North America with Slingshot
- March 14th, Ssumday: “The least I want to do is not fall to the relegation tournament.” with Slingshot Esports
- March 17th, Ssumday talks about adjusting to NA with Dignitas
- June 22nd, Ssumday discusses his mentality and Dignitas’ team telepathy with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 3rd. DIG Ssumday on regions' chances in Rift Rivals: "EU seems to have more loose ends than NA does" with Inven Global
- August 1st, DIG Ssumday's Very First English Interview: "I want to avoid TSM in the playoffs" with Inven Global
- August 16th, Ssumday on 'ALL-PRO': "I'm proud that I was selected instead of Hauntzer and Flame - players of the top two teams" with Inven Global
- August 20th, DIG Ssumday-Shrimp to Altec: “I want to play Sejuani, but I’ll play Nunu for you because I believe in you.” with Inven Global
- August 25th, Video Interview with DIG Ssumday&Shrimp: "Nunu is not my favorite one, but coach Saintvicious likes Nunu too much." with Inven Global
- September 5th, Ssumday on Dig's chances: 'we have to play all 3 days, but it's something we can definitely do' with Travis Gafford