Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Name||Choi Sung-won (최성원)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||June 16, 1997 (age 22)|
|Soloqueue IDs||이도류 (KR)|
|Social Media & Links|
Choi "Sword" Sung-won (Hangul: 최성원) is a top laner for Griffin. He was previously known as Fencer.
- His ID Sword is named after the light novel and anime series Sword Art Online.
- His neck wrinkles are result of his neck being wrapped by umbilical cord. He is open about this and considers it his trademark.
- Wants to learn English, Chinese, and Japanese.
- He doesn't like coriander but other than that he likes every type of food.
- His music interests are: J-Pop, Rap, and songs from animation.
- Considers Khan his close friend.
- Was one of the first Korean imports to play in Turkey, along with his former teammate Reach, when he joined Team Turquality for the TCL 2016 Winter Season.
- When he reached the LCK with Griffin, he also became the first player to play the LCK after having played in Turkey.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- June 14, Griffin Viper: "I’m confident about making it to the playoffs." with Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- June 16, Griffin Viper: "It doesn’t make sense for us to get caught off guard by those surprising picks in the current meta." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- June 26, GRF Sword on Khan's Previous Comment: "I’ll keep my neck clean so I hope anyone comes to chop it off, if they can." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- July 28, Griffin Sword: "Everyone on the team trusted Viper's Teemo pick." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Changsik "Alle" Son, , and James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- December 29, Griffin Sword on Playing Against Gen.G: "I think that my teammates have been doing great lately. I am certain we can win" with Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek and Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo on Inven Global
- January 17, GRF Sword: "SKT T1 will be so scary once they shape up more as a team. Afreeca has such a strong upper lane. Personally, I think they're tough since there's Kiin in the top lane." with Byungho "Haao" Kim and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- January 25, GRF Sword on Their Next Match Against SKT: "Keep your guard up, Dong-ha (Khan)." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- January 31, GRF Lehends on his Braum pick: “I like playing Braum, but Viper doesn’t like anything I play. So, I am thinking about giving up and just playing whatever I want.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon
- January 31, GRF Lehends on Chovy's KDA : "I hope you get killed two or three times more and become similar to my KDA." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- February 2, Griffin's Captain, Sword, Gives His Team a Score: "I’d give it a 9 out of 10. I took 1 point off because of myself -- because of the emotional thing I had gone through today." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek on Inven Global
- February 15, GRF Sword: "I believe I'm the best 'tank' top laner in the LCK. The only other top laner that's better than me on non-tanks is Khan" with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 20, cvMax on the unreal performance of Griffin: “We are united, with five players as one.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon
- February 22, GRF Sword on Their New Player, Kanavi: "He may not be as good as Tarzan right now but he’s really great in solo ranked so I think he will soon adapt to playing in the professional tournament." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim and Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek on Inven Global
- March 8, GRF Sword: "Khan did extremely well today... I respect him; I just wanted to hug him out of respect rather than say anything." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 10, GRF Chovy: "We pucked Galio first so that we can benefit from the picks and bans." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 10, Griffin’s Sword regarding Tarzan’s Baron steal against Sandbox Gaming: ” I did not imagine he would steal it, and I only have admiration for Tarzan’s talents right now.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon
- March 20, Victim of the Changed Meta in Top Lane? - Griffin Sword's Growing Pains by Beom "Nswer" Park and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 21, Griffin Sword: "I thought a Sword vs Sword meta will come someday... I did my best to prepare, but apparently, it wasn’t enough." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 21, Griffin Sword: “Coach cvMax told us not to obsess over magic numbers… He said that it’s okay for us to lose, as long as we play our game” with Minseong Kim on Korizon
- April 9, GRF Sword: "Khan should have a bad memory of me and my Sion. I'll make him recall that memory at the Finals." with Minyoung "Irro" Jang and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- June 6, GRF Sword on Playing Against Kiin: "I think the design of my glasses granted me the advantage. I’d like to thank my parents for recommending the design." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 8, GRF Sword: "The Jayce nerf is quite noticeable. But thanks to it, he is now reliably getting through the ban phase." with Minyoung "Irro" Jang and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- June 30, GRF Sword: "I'm a personal fan of DoinB. I also really like JD Gaming's Zoom and Top Esports' LokeN. Rift Rivals is a perfect opportunity for me to meet the players that I like" with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 4, [Rift Rivals] GRF Sword on LCK's Performance: "It felt good watching them - it made me feel that Korea is great again." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- July 7, [Rift Rivals Finals] Faker: "It's been a while since LCK won an international tournament. I hope the LCK wins more this year." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
The following pages redirect here.