Benny (Benny Hung)
|Player has retired.|
|Country of Birth||United States|
|Soloqueue IDs||XDG Benny, V Sycho Sid, Sycho Squid, V a little benny|
|Social Media & Links|
Benny "Benny" Hung is a retired professional player. He previously was the top laner for XDG Gaming. He was previously known as Sycho Sid.
As the youngest of three brothers, he was forced to wait for his older siblings to finish playing video games before being allowed his own turn. Multiplayer games were the exception. He remembers playing games like Jedi Power Battles, Gauntlet Legends, and Crash Bandicoot Racing on the Playstation. These games, along with Super Smash Bros and Mario Party on the Nintendo 64, pervaded his childhood. It wasn't until his Sophomore year of high school that he was introduced to DotA from his best friend. He convinced his parents to buy him a laptop that would be used for schoolwork, but it was mainly used to play the game whenever he could. He played DotA occasionally for three years, but did not play competitively. However, it was in these early years that he acquired the mechanical skills and knowledge required for MOBA games. Sycho Sid (now known as Benny) did not begin playing League of Legends until a year after its release due to his loyalty to DotA. He eventually tried the game as a result of his brother's influence, and began to find it more appealing than DotA. When he first started playing he watched streams of CLG members, igniting his dream of playing professionally.
Benny started playing competitively with Team EZ before leaving to join CLG Black under the alias of Sycho Sid. His first tournament with the team was the National ESL Premier League Season 3, where the team finished in 1st place. He also played in the GIGABYTE Esports LAN, where CLG Black managed to finish 2nd, losing to Team SoloMid in the grand final. Next up for Benny and the team was the Leaguecraft ggClassic, where he and the team finished 2nd again. CLG Black topped their group, which included Taipei Assassins, but the team went on to lose their match-up against Team Dynamic in the final of the tournament.
After this came the 2012 MLG Summer Championship. Benny and the team were knocked out in the 4th round loser's bracket, after losing against Team Dynamic. Benny's final tournament with CLG Black was the National ESL Pro Series Season 4. The team placed 3rd, losing to CLG Prime in the semifinals, but beating Team Curse in the 3rd place match. During his time with the team, they also enjoyed success in the ROCCAT King Of The Hill. At the end of the season, Benny left CLG Black.
Benny joined Team FeaR at the start of the season along with former CLG Black teammate Zuna. His first and only tournament with the team was the LCS Spring Split Qualifier. Benny and the team topped their group, going on to beat Meat Playground in their qualification matchup. This meant that the team would be playing in the inaugural LCS Spring Split. Due to this, Benny and the rest of the team's roster was picked up by Team Vulcun.
The Spring Split went relatively well for Benny and the team, as he impressed on both Elise and Malphite. The team finished the split in 5th place, securing themselves a spot in the Spring Playoffs. The playoffs were a huge success, with Vulcun beating Counter Logic Gaming in their quarterfinal match-up before being beaten by Team SoloMid in the semifinals. The team went on to beat Team Curse, securing themselves the 3rd place spot.
Despite success in the playoffs, the Summer Split was a huge step up for Team Vulcun. Benny's impressive performances on Jayce, Malphite and Shen helped the team to a 2nd place finish in the split, and a place in the Summer Playoffs. After being beaten by Team SoloMid in the semifinals, Benny and Vulcun beat Team Dignitas in the 3rd place match, meaning that Team Vulcun would be playing in the Season 3 World Championship.
The World Championship was not particularly successful, but Benny and the team represented themselves well. Despite finishing in 4th place in their group, Team Vulcun managed to beat Fnatic in the first match of the group - this was Fnatic's only loss in the group stage.
After the roster's time playing in the World Championship, the team did not return to their former domestic form. The Spring Split was unsuccessful for Benny and XDG Gaming, as they finished in last place. This meant that they would have to fight for their LCS status in the Summer Promotion. XDG lost their promotion match-up against LMQ, meaning they would not be playing in the next split of the LCS.
On April 30, 2014, Benny announced that he would be retiring to continue his education.
- Known for his Udyr and Lee Sin.
- His previous handle, Sycho Sid, was from a professional wrestler that he gotten his inspiration from.
- Changed his ID from Sycho Sid to Benny because he didn't like people calling him Sycho.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- August 28, XDG Benny - former League pro talks visit to LCS and what life is like after retirement with Travis Gafford
- November 30, Roommates Link and Benny on the Donezo Manifesto, Life After League, and Current CLG with onGamers
- February 21, A Swift Rise - XDG’s Benny with LoL eSports
- March 24, Benny talks about match play against Team Curse (video) with onGamers
- April 26, Benny talks about their match against LMQ (video) with onGamers
- August 2, Benny shares what he has been up to since leaving LCS (videos) with onGamers
- December 06, Travis catches up with Chauster and Benny as they get ready to ARAM at IEM San Jose with onGamers
- January 9, FeaR Sycho Squid (Benny) - LCS Qualifier Interview (video) with State Of The League
- January 13, Pluto Interviews Team Fear's Sycho Squid - Season 3 NA Qualifiers (video) with Reign of Gaming
- February 15, Vulcun's Sycho Sid Keeps a Cool Head (video) with Leaguepedia
- February 22, Sycho Sid talks about Vulcun's comeback week, CoD and more (video) with GameSpot
- Febraury 28th, League of Legends LCS WK4 - Sycho Sid - Vulcun vs CLG (video) with MachinimaVS
- March 25, Team Vulcun's Sycho Sid AMA with Reddit
- April 18, Sycho Sid talks about Vulcun's battle for 6th Place (video) with GameSpot
- June 12, Sychosid talks about Vulcun's big match against Curse at the LCS (video) with GameSpot
- June 29, Sycho Sid says Vulcun outpicked and outplayed Dignitas at MLG (video) with GameSpot
- July 18, Sychosid talks about Double AD Carry and Victoria Secret (video) with GameSpot
- August 2, Benny Sycho Sid Hung Dropped Out Of Berkeley To Compete In League Of Legends with Gameskinny
- August 15, LCS Week 9 Day 2 VUL Sycho Sid "If it's not broken why fix it?" (video) with Leaguepedia
- September 15, Sycho Sid talks about playing Koreans and Day 1 for Vulcun (video) with GameSpot
- September 17, LolKing's S3 Worlds Coverage - Interview with Sycho Sid (Benny Hung) (video) with LolKing
- December 11, Interview with XDG’s Benny with Cloth5
- August 26, Pluto Interviews CLG.Black Sycho Sid at MLG Raleigh (video) with Reign of Gaming
- September 5, CLG Black at the MLG Summer Championships (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.