|Name||Sun "Cody" Li-Yu|
|Country of Birth||China|
|Birthday||April 25, 1997 (age 22)|
|Competitive IDs||TM8, TheMassacre8, Massacre|
|Soloqueue IDs||Cody Pog (NA), Cody Sun (NA), oqtoht04 (KR), Cody Pog (EUW)|
|Social Media & Links|
Cody Sun (born Sun Li-Yu) joined Magnetic in May 2015 and qualified for the NACS Summer Season, losing to Misfits and then beating CLG Black in the qualifier. Prior to the start of the season, the team renamed to Team Imagine. Massacre played with Imagine for the first two weeks of the season before the entire roster was replaced.
Massacre played with Team Frostbite in the NACS Open Qualifier and main qualifier, but the team failed to make the Spring Season. After week 1 of the NACS, he joined Dream Team, who had successfully qualified. Dream Team finished the season in fifth place, losing an automatic tiebreaker with Team Liquid Academy due to head-to-head record. They missed out on the playoffs but received higher seeding for the summer qualifier due to finishing ahead of Enemy. Cody Sun left Dream Team in October and later in December joined Immortals.
In the Spring Split Immortals was for the most part a middle of the pack team. Although they showed promise they could never break into the Top 3. Cody Sun's performance in particular was very rough and he was widely criticized for his inexperience and subpar play. The team finished in 7th place, barely missing out on the playoffs. In the Summer Split after bringing in SSONG as their new coach, Immortals' performance turned around completely and they stayed in the Top 3 throughout the whole regular split. Cody Sun was praised for his improved play and synergy with his support Olleh. The team finished the regular season in 2nd place with a 14-4 record. Their performance in the Summer Playoffs was also excellent as they took down Counter Logic Gaming 3-0 in the semifinals and became the first team in NA LCS history since 2013 outside of CLG, TSM and C9 to reach the finals. Despite their accomplishment however, they were defeated 1-3 by TSM in the finals and finished 2nd place. Despite the loss they still managed to qualify for the 2017 Season World Championship via championship points. At Worlds Immortals was seeded in Group B along with Longzhu Gaming, Fnatic and GIGABYTE Marines. Despite a good 2-1 start in Week 1 they couldn't follow up on it in Week 2 and went 0-3. Having to play a tiebreaker in order to advance forward, Immortals faced Fnatic and lost the game which knocked them out of Worlds.
Due to Immortals not being accepted into the newly franchised NA LCS, Cody Sun's contract was sold to Team Liquid in November. However, Liquid's subsequent acquisition of Doublelift made him redundant, and so he joined the recently created 100 Thieves in December of 2017.
- Born in China but has Canadian citizenship.
- Infamously flashed into four members of Fnatic in the group stage of 2017 Worlds, giving Fnatic their first win and eventually leading to them overtaking Immortals and making it out of the group.
- Had a seven game deathless streak stretching through the last five games of the LCS 2019 Summer Season and the first two games of the LCS 2019 Summer Playoffs, before finally dying in game 3 of the quarterfinals against TSM.
|NA LCS 2018 Summer||Jhin||Bot||W||8/2/8||Link||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills by all players.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- January 23, Immortals’ Cody Sun on problems with AD Carry and a lack of synergy with Olleh with , and on Slingshot
- February 12, Cody Sun explains Immortals' performance and how he works with Pobelter and Dardoch with , and on Blitz Esports
- March 14, The Immortals Bot Lane Is Stepping Up with Xander Torres on Red Bull
- June 9, Cody Sun on Xmithie: “(He) definitely brings a different mentality since he’s a more experienced guy where he’s also really mature, and he has pretty good leadership qualities.” with , and on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 1, Interview with IMT's duo, Cody Sun and Olleh with DreXxiN on Esports Heaven
- July 3, Cody Sun on RR: 'TSM & C9 have been to international events... for them it might not be as valuable' with , and on Travis Gafford
- July 20, Cody Sun on Immortals’ Week 6 rebound: “We went back to what had been working, which was just follow (Xmithie), give him information and then he’ll make the call.” with , and on Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- August 7, Cody Sun on Best Player of the Split: "When we play against Jensen, we have a lot of our focus on midlane" with , and on Inven Global
- August 23, 100T Cody Sun: "If we can beat FlyQuest when I go 0-6 on Ezreal, then I feel pretty confident going against them in Quarterfinals." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- February 5, Cody Sun: “Even when you make a mistake, Aphro sacrifices himself to try to save you. He’s like a “Get out of Jail”-card.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- February 16, Cody Sun: "I think (Aphro's) previous ADs had it really well, I'm not going to lie." with , and on Blitz Esports
- February 26, 100t Cody Sun: 'For our bot-lane, I definitely want to be the best' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 19, Cody Sun on relaxing before important matches: “Me and Aphro just chill. We just talk about whatever, girls or something.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- March 21, 100 Thieves' Cody Sun Gives His Thoughts on Playing with Aphromoo - DBLTAP Exclusive Interview with DBLTAP on YouTube
- April 4, 100 Thieves Cody Sun: "As Olleh used to say, it is like facing against our ex girlfriends." with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- July 26, Damonte: 'It's leaning more towards everyone is bad right now' by Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 30, Cody Sun: It seems that TSM lost trust in each other by Travis Gafford on YouTube
- August 9, Cody Sun: “Going to the Finals and losing has been the story for me… Hopefully 3rd time’s a charm!” with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- November 14, Cody Sun on What Happened with 100 Thieves by , and on Thomas Baker for The Game Haus
- December 17, CGA Cody Sun: "When you tunnel vision on a goal, you forget that you're working with other people and that there are factors out of your control." with NickGeracie on Inven Global
- June 13, CodySun was happy that they could finally showcase "Scrim Clutch" on stage with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- June 21, Cody Sun: "We have to prove that we’re a team that other teams ... need to fear." with Brian Chang on Upcomer
- July 25, Cody Sun on Clutch coaching change: “I think the change was definitely necessary” by Elena Endres on Dot Esports
- August 6, The 6 main characters of LCS Summer playoffs by Nicholas Ray on Upcomer
- August 11, CodySun talks about Clutch Gaming knocking TSM out of playoffs with Nick Geracie & Lara Lunardi on Inven Global
- September 5, Cody Sun talks Clutch Gaming's ascension to top 4 status; 2019 LCS Regional Final with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- September 10, Cody Sun talks about Clutch Gaming's road to Worlds: with Lara Lunardi on Inven Global
The following pages redirect here.