Taliyah - The Stoneweaver
|HP Regen:||7 (+0.7)|
|Mana Regen:||7 (+0.85)|
|Attack Damage:||56 (+3.3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1.36%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
Taliyah, the Stoneweaver is a mage. She is played as a sustained AP damage dealer.
|Lore:||Taliyah is a nomadic mage from Shurima who weaves stone with energetic enthusiasm and raw determination. Torn between teenage wonder and adult responsibility, she has crossed nearly all of Valoran on a journey to learn the true nature of her growing powers. Compelled by rumors of the rise of a long-dead emperor, she returns to protect her tribe from dangers uncovered by Shurima’s shifting sands. Some have mistaken her tender heart for weakness and paid the price for their error, for beneath Taliyah’s youthful demeanor is a will strong enough to move mountains, and a spirit fierce enough to make the earth tremble.
Born in the rocky foothills bordering Icathia’s corrupted shadow, Taliyah spent her childhood herding goats with her tribe of nomadic weavers. Where most outsiders see Shurima as a beige and barren waste, her family raised her to be a true daughter of the desert and to see beauty in the rich hues of the land. Taliyah was always fascinated by the stone beneath the dunes. When she was a toddler, she collected colorful rocks as her people followed the seasonal waters. As she grew older, the earth itself seemed drawn to her, arcing and twisting to follow her tracks through the sand.
|“This world is a tapestry of our own making.”
- Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
- Re-added Freljord Taliyah's voiceover for W - Seismic Shove
- Taliyah's W - Seismic Shove is no longer missing VO lines
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
These changes boost Threaded Volley’s damage no matter how many rocks she lands (except in rare cases where Taliyah gets crazy amounts of ability power), but they’re especially focused on the first few hits. This makes Taliyah’s damage more reliable, even when she doesn’t have the perfect 5-rock setup.
Base health regen up. Q cooldown and Worked Ground duration reduced.
A few patches ago, we saw Taliyah roaming too often and with too little setup. Since then, we’ve upped the cooldown on Taliyah’s ultimate and weakened her waveclear, forcing her to work harder to leave lane. With less time spent roaming she’s scrapping more often, and her trading is somewhat below the curve for mid lane. Her overall damage isn’t too far off from where it needs to be, but she has to pick her trades a bit too carefully right now.
Q no longer deals bonus damage to minions. E damage down.
Taliyah’s ability to impact other lanes has established her as a premiere pick for the player who wants to win by exerting pressure in other lanes. At the moment, she’s able to push waves without much thought, letting her roam to the side lanes on a whim. We want Taliyah’s roaming to require more setup so opponents have a fair chance of forcing her to stay in lane.
R cooldown up.
Even though 6.14 saw Taliyah losing some damage here and there, experienced Stoneweavers are still crushing their competition. Given her consistent laning strength, we’re looking to reduce the frequency with which Taliyah's using that strength across the map. While roaming (and rocksurfing) is core to Taliyah’s success, bringing Weaver’s Wall in line with other global effects puts less stress on sidelanes when she starts to stack her advantages.
160/140/120 seconds⇒ 180/150/120 seconds
W cooldown up and cast lockout removed. E damage down.
Still fresh to the League, Taliyah’s as rewarding to those that master her as she is difficult to learn. We like steep skill curves, but Taliyah’s mechanics can present more of a burden than a challenge. In particular, Seismic Shove’s spell lockout and two-cast paradigm can leave Taliyah’s stone-weaving feeling straight-up unresponsive. Let’s be clear on one thing: removing this lockout is really powerful (like, Taliyah’s probably crazy as a result). Having witnessed some of the resulting shenanigans during testing, we’re taking pre-emptive measures to soften the best-case of her now much-more-reliable ‘Seismic Shove + Unraveled Earth’ combo. Things might be rocky for a while, but we’re confident that smoother Stoneweaver gameplay paves the road for a balanced Taliyah in the long-term.
16/14/12/10/8 seconds⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- CAST PARADIGM:
Cast to place, recast to direct⇒ Vector casting (ex. Rumble’s R - The Equalizer)
- LOCKOUT: Taliyah is no longer locked out of casting other spells for 0.55 seconds after casting Seismic Shove
- FALLOFF DAMAGE: Each mine deals 15% less damage than the last when detonating on the same target (minimum 55% damage)
Worked ground despawns faster on Howling Abyss.
Amidst our ARAM changes last patch, we balanced a few champions whose mechanics didn’t lend themselves to the single-lane brawlfest. Taliyah’s Threaded Volley seems like a powerful tool when her opponents can’t dodge, but Worked Ground dictates that she’s gotta keep moving to pump out the damage she needs. Considering you can’t really move anywhere on Howling Abyss, we’re helping the Stoneweaver’s chances of keeping up with the rest of the pack.
- WORKED GROUND DURATION:
140 seconds⇒ 100 seconds
Taliyah's Rock Surfing
- LOOKING FORWARD: Wards now grant 30 experience when killed (15 for blue wards)
- LEVEL UP: For every 150 seconds that a ward is alive, it becomes visually swaggier for the team that placed it
Health increased. Q deals extra damage to minions.
Taliyah released on the weaker side of the spectrum and still continues to struggle in lane, despite our hotfix in 6.10. Much of this is due to Threaded Volley’s limited uses early on (further constrained by worked ground), but she’s also just a little below the curve in terms of defenses. Amping Taliyah’s ability to leverage Threaded Volley to control the lane as well as boosting her survival should put her on even ground with opponents instead of being an easy all-in target.
Mid-patch 6.10 hotfix
Just as a reminder.
60/65/70/75/80 mana⇒ 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- WORKED GROUND DURATION:
180 seconds⇒ 140 seconds
Patch 6.11 changes
- BASE HEALTH:
- THE THREADING: Now deals 50% extra damage to minions
- May 10th - The Metagame Report: Midseason mixups by Gabriel Zoltan-Johan (thescoreesports.com)
- May 2nd - Taliyah: Homecoming by League of Legends
- November 28th - Upcoming 6.24 Rylai's Changes - Biggest Winners And Biggest Losers by Shakarez (lolking.net)