Taric - The Shield of Valoran
|HP Regen:||6 (+0.5)|
|Mana Regen:||8.5 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||55 (+3.5)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+2.02%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||Taric is the Aspect of the Protector, wielding incredible power as Runeterra’s guardian of life, love, and beauty. Shamed by a dereliction of duty and exiled from his homeland Demacia, Taric ascended Mount Targon to find redemption, only to discover a higher calling among the stars. Imbued with the might of ancient Targon, the Shield of Valoran now stands ever vigilant against the insidious corruption of the Void.
Expected to serve as a stalwart guardian of Demacia, Taric’s life was meant to be the model of focused, selfless dedication to the ideals of king and country. Though he always saw himself as a protector, he never felt the need to limit or define whom and what he protected—be it an ideal, a piece of art, or a stranger’s life. Each could be considered worthy. Each could be seen as beautiful.
| “The best weapons are beautiful.”
- Taric, the Shield of Valoran
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 LPL Spring||0||1||0||1||0||0.7|
|2014 GPL Spring||0||1||0||1||0||1.1|
|2014 GPL Winter||0||9||3||6||33.3||10.3|
|EU LCS - Spring Season||1||18||9||9||50||17.0|
|NA LCS - Spring Season||8||22||12||10||54.5||26.8|
Mana regen increased at early levels. Q heals more; charge model updated. E cooldowns higher early; lower later. E deals more damage and stuns for the same duration at all ranks.
While Taric’s ult makes him one of the best supports in the late game, the penalty he’s paying in the early game is currently too steep. Starlight’s Touch is lackluster at early ranks, but prioritizing it can feel like a trap since its mana cost shoots through the roof for the 10-healing-per-charge each rank provides. While the core concept of Starlight’s Touch remains the same, we’re updating most of the details to make it a much more satisfying part of Taric’s kit. We’re also upping Dazzle’s payoff. It’s a fairly difficult ability to land, and for how vulnerable Taric becomes when Dazzle misses, he deserves to win trades a bit more convincingly when it connects.
- MANA REGEN:
5 per 5 seconds⇒ 8.5 per 5 seconds
- MANA REGEN GROWTH:
- HEALING PER CHARGE:
20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2 ability power) (+1.5% Taric’s bonus health)⇒ 30 (+0.2 ability power)(+1% Taric’s maximum health)
- MAX CHARGES:
3 at all ranks⇒ 1/2/3/4/5
60/80/100/120/140 mana⇒ 70/80/90/100/110 mana
- 3 seconds COOLDOWN:
- RECHARGE RATE: 15 seconds (unchanged)
- Bravado-empowered attacks reduce Starlight’s Touch’s recharge timer by an additional 5 seconds ⇒ reduce Starlight’s Touch’s cooldown by 1 second and instantly grant a charge BRAVADO:
15 seconds at all ranks⇒ 17/16/15/14/13 seconds
- STUN DURATION:
1/1.125/1.25/1.375/1.5 seconds⇒ 1.25 seconds at all ranks
- Pool Party Taric no longer briefly reappears after diving into the floor at the end his recall animation
R is more shiny.
Even for someone that shines as bright as Taric, Cosmic Radiance can be a little hard to see in teamfights. Given how pivotal it is to know whether or not people are going to take damage (who’d have thought?), we’ve put some extra shine on Taric’s biggest moment.
- WITH CLARITY: Added a brighter particle that plays when units affected by Cosmic Radiance become invulnerable
Base mana up, mana growth down. W range down. E is shorter and narrower.
An old champion with a new coat of gems, Taric’s tearing up the battlefield while keeping his teammates spotless. A protector in the truest sense, the issue of Taric’s current power level isn’t how well he saves his allies - but rather the considerable range at which he’s able to influence the fight. This doesn’t come up much in lane (as Taric’s usually next to his bastion-buddy), but once ganks and teamfights start entering the picture things get messy. We’re trimming Taric’s excess power and focusing him around being the dependable shield you carry with you to a fight, committing him to stick close to his team if he wants to have the same impact.
- Mana & Mana Regen Adjustments
- BASE MANA REGEN:
- BASE MANA REGEN:
- Base Statistic Compensation
- ARMOR GROWTH:
- ARMOR GROWTH:
Patch Notes 5.10
Imbueing has never been cheaper.
"We wanted to give this fabulous Gem Knight a little love and realized that the mana cost of Imbue was pretty outrageously high. So we reduced it."
Patch Notes 3.15
Summary: The armor scaling of Gemcraft has been reduced and Shatter had several changes made to it. Shatter's aura now increases allied champion armor by the correct amount and the armor damage scaling has been reduced. The shred of Shatter has also had its base value and armor scaling reduced.
"We're happy with Taric's kit in the preseason, but his burst damage was just too fabulous, especially when he picks up additional armor items to scale off of. Like other supports, we'll be keeping an eye on Taric as the preseason progresses."
- Passive - Gemcraft
- Armor scaling reduced to 20% (from 30%)
- W - Shatter
- Aura amount bug fixed, will now give correct amount of 12% (from roughly 15%)
- Armor damage scaling reduced to 20% (from 30%)
- Shred base values lowered to 5/10/15/20/25 (from 10/15/20/25/30)
- Shred armor scaling lowered to 5% (from 10%)
Patch Notes 3.14
Summary: We're switching up Taric's passive so after each spell cast, his next auto attack is empowered to deal 30% of Taric's armor as magic damage and reduce the cooldown of his abilities. Imbue's AP ratio is lower and now also scales with a percentage of Taric's bonus health. We've also removed the AP scaling of Shatter as well as lowered its base damage. Shatter now scales even more with armor, and the shred scales with a percentage of Taric's armor. Finally, we've lowered the ability power ratios of Dazzle and Radiance, as well as increased their cooldowns.
Context: Overall we are adding additional depth and skill differentiation to Taric's gameplay through a rework of his passive. Additionally, as a tanky (and fabulous) support that excels in the middle of a team fight, we've introduced more defensive scaling for Taric to further define his intended role.
- NEW: Passive - Gemcraft
- NEW: After casting a spell, Taric gains a buff that deals 30% of his total Armor as bonus Magic Damage his next auto attack
- Passive empowered attacks reduce the cooldown of all abilities by 2 seconds
- Cooldown reduction on auto attacks removed (moved to passive)
- Base cooldown lowered to 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 (from from 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16)
- AP ratio lowered to 0.3 (from 0.6)
- Now scales with 5% of Taric's Bonus Health
- Base damages reduced to 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+30% total Armor) (+0 Ability Power) (from 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 (+20% total Armor) (+0.6 Ability Power))
- Armor reduction now scales with 10% of Taric's total Armor
- Ability Power ratio lowered to 0.2 / 0.4 Ability Power (from 0.4 / 0.8 Ability Power)
- Cooldown increased to 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 seconds (from 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds)
- Ability Power ratio lowered to 0.5 Ability Power (from 0.7 Ability Power)
- Cooldown increased to 75 seconds (from 60)
Patch Notes 3.04
Last patch's changes opened up different playstyles for Taric but did not effectively address his power level. These changes reduce Taric's lane dominance by lowering his burst damage and forcing him to make more tradeoffs when choosing which spells to level up.
- Damage reduced to 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 from 60 / 105 / 150 / 190 / 240
- Armor damage ratio reduced to 20% from 30%
- Stun duration adjusted to 1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 / 1.6 seconds from 1.5 at all ranks
- Base Attack Damage reduced to 57 from 62
- Gemcraft - Remade
Taric's basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 2% of his maximum Mana; this bonus damage is doubled against champions
- Mana cost reduced to 75 from 95
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Now gains 1.25 Magic Resist per level
- Shatter ability power ratio increased to 0.6 from 0.4
- Radiance ability power ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.6
- Radiance cooldown reduced to 60 seconds at all ranks from 100 / 90 / 80
- Cast range increased to 750 from 625
- Armor aura range increased to 1,000 from 600
- Taric now loses the passive armor bonus instead of the armor aura upon activation
- Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 16 seconds
- Damage reduced to 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+0.4 ability power) from 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+0.5 ability power)
- Stun duration is now always 1.5 seconds from 1-2 seconds
- Cast range reduced to 625 from 650
- Missile speed increased to 1,400 from 1,050
- Minimum damage increased to 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+0.4 ability power) from 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 (+0.2 ability power)
- Maximum damage reduced to 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+0.8 ability power) from 80 / 160 / 240 / 320 / 400 (+1.0 ability power)
- Radiance (Remake)
- Taric slams the ground dealing 150 / 250 / 350 (+0.6 ability power) magic damage to nearby enemies. For the next 10 seconds, Taric gains 30 / 50 / 70 Attack Damage and Ability Power and grants nearby allies half the bonuses. 100 / 90 / 80 second cooldown.
- Base attack speed increased to .625 from .613
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0..6 from 1.1
- Cooldown increased to 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 seconds from 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12
- Basic attacks now reduce Imbue's cooldown by 1 second (from 2) but the reduction now increases to 3 seconds when attacking an enemy champion
- Fixed a bug with Radiance where it would cause performance issues while on
- Mana cost increased to 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 from 70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130
- Heal reduced to 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 form 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230
- Radiance now has a brief cooldown when activated with the goal of preventing quick cancellation after initiation
- Base heal reduced to 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 from 100 / 145 / 190 / 235 / 280
- Ability power ratio increased to 1.1 from 0.9
- Imbue heal reduced to 100 / 145 / 190 / 235 / 280 from 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300
- Fixed a bug where Dazzle could stun for longer than 2 seconds
- Dazzle minimum stun duration increased to 1.0 seconds from 0.5
- Base damage increased to 58 from 56
- Base damage per level increased to 3.5 from 3.3
- Cooldown reduced to 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 from 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16
- Base heal amount increased to 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 from 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270
- Fixed a bug with Dazzle that was incorrectly calculating minimum damage
- No longer heals surrounding allied units
- Upkeep mana cost reduced to 4 / 7 / 10 from 10 / 15 / 20
- Startup mana cost increased to 20 from 10
- Fixed a bug with Radiance where it was providing too little damage
- Radiance changed to be a true heal and should now be affected by healing reduction effects
- Radiance cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 20
- Imbue heal modified from 90 / 135 / 180 / 225 / 270 to 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270
- Increased the self heal component up to 40% from 25%
- Reduced cooldown reduction on hit from 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 to 2 at all levels
- Modified cooldown from 20 at all levels to 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16
- Increased heal from 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 / 240 to 90 / 135 / 180 / 225 / 270
- Now always yields +10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 armor to Taric (regardless of if it is on cooldown)
- While available, the skill provides a +10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 armor aura to allies and self
- Acivating the ability deals damage and reduces opponents armor by -10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
- Is fabulous
- Increased cooldown from 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 to 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10
- Damage now scales by range (more damage the closer you are)
- Increased damage from 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 to 80 / 160 / 240 / 320 / 400
- Reduced max stun from 2.5 to 2
- Made tooltip easier to understand
- Modified mana cost to now cost 10 + a cumulative 10 / 15 / 20 per second it is on
- Now instant cast
- Made tooltip easier to understand