Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Tencent Games Arena Hero of Cities/Season 8
|TGA Hero of Cities Season 8|
|Sponsor(s)||Wangyu Internet Cafe|
|Format||Double Elimination + Single Elimination|
|Prize Pool||180,000 CNY|
|Location & Dates|
|Address||(National Finals) Wangyu Internet Cafe & NiceTV studio, Shanghai|
|Social Media & Links|
Hero of Cities VIII (2015 First Half)
The Hero of Cities Championship is a nationwide cup, held twice per year, spread among 29 of 31 provinces and over 150 cities in Mainland China. Since its inception, eight editions of HOC have witnessed over 10,000 teams and over 100,000 participant-times, making it the largest promotional tournament in China or even Worldwide.
- Held on Mar 21 to Mar 29. Top 2 advances to Monthly tournament.
- Held on Apr 11 to Apr 12. Top 2 advances to Provincial Finals. CNY 500/300/200 prize for 1st/2nd/3rd place.
- Held on Apr 18 to Apr 19. Champions advances to National Finals. CNY 3000/2000/1000 prize for 1st/2nd/3rd place.
|Notable participants that get eliminated in this stage|
|Oh My Girls||TongFu||WHTG||King 2|
|YMH E-athletics Club||U4||Langzhu DW||Dream Team|
|Urumqi AG||Gank 5||Gannan QC||My Guy|
- Due to worldwide League of Legends have moved to a uniform Spring split/Summer split schedule, Hero of Cities VIII National Finals will NOT be held at Tencent Grand Prix Arena's Stadio, breaking a 4-year tradition. However the tournament is still under the name of TGA.
- Group Stage (2015-05-06)
- double elimination, best of one, except that group final is best of three with 1 game advantage for winner's bracket.
- Top 2 teams from each group advance to bracket stage
- Bracket Stage (2015-05-06/07)
- Matches are best of three
- Top 4 teams receives a spot for the 2015 LSPL Summer.
¥ 180,000 Chinese Yuan Renminbi are spread among the teams as seen below:
|1||¥100,000$16,100€14,200||55.56%||LSPL 2015 Summer||ShowTime|
|2||¥50,000$8,050€7,100||27.78%||LSPL 2015 Summer||Tides of Time|
|3||¥30,000$4,830€4,260||16.67%||LSPL 2015 Summer||2144 Danmu Gaming|
|4||LSPL 2015 Summer||LongYing Game|
Converted prizes calculated with values provided by http://www.xe.com on May 7, 2015, as follows:
- ¥ 1 Chinese Yuan Renminbi = $ 0.161 US Dollars
- ¥ 1 Chinese Yuan Renminbi = € 0.142 Euros
|Group A||Group B|
|Inner Mongolia||NeiMeng Gaming||Shanghai||Team W3|
|Zhejiang||ShowTime||Sichuan||Dragon X Dragon|
|Jiangsu||End His Journey||Henan||For The Dream|
|Chongqing||2144 Danmu Gaming||Shenzhen||Gamtee E|
|Hunan||X-Show Electronic Game||Shaanxi||Big Jaws Gaming|
|Group C||Group D|
|Hebei||Team QN||Gansu & Ningxia||AC (Chinese Team)|
|Hainan||Haikou College of Economics||Jiangxi||Team 1|
|Hubei||South Cool Fire||Shandong||China e-Sports Academic|
|Anhui||Empire E-sports Club||Guizhou||DY|
|Shanxi||Jing Shidai K1||Yunnan||Team DK Academy|
|Guangxi||Lam Yu Internet Cafe||Guangzhou||One Card Internet Café|
|Fujian||Tides of Time2||Liaoning||Legend Dragon.VP|
- 1 EP.Future acquired the roster of Mudanjiang Time Cafe.
- 2 Tides of Time acquired the roster of QYW Coffee.
Held on May 6, 2015 at WangYu Internet Cafe, Shanghai.
Round of 8 is held after the group stage, 20:00-22:00 May 6. Semifinals onwards are held in NiceTV studio (LSPL site). Semifinals: May 7 10:00-15:00 3rd Place: May 7 15:00-18:00 Final: May 7 18:00-21:00
- Ever since LPL's inception, Hong Kong and Macau clubs and players are explicitly allowed in CN region tournaments and be considered domestic residents, including but not limited to LPL, LSPL, and HOC. However, one cannot hold domestic status in CN and TW/HK/MO region simultaneously.
- Within Guangdong Province, regional finals are held in both Guangdong and Shenzhen, teams are free to attend either by their convenience.